Ex-ICL player Razzaq returns to Pakistan side

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Although I welcome his comeback but I still dont think its fare. He was not in 30 men squad and how can they pick him out of that pool.

This way Kiwis can call all of their side from ICL as they are injured in heaps.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Although I welcome his comeback but I still dont think its fare. He was not in 30 men squad and how can they pick him out of that pool.

This way Kiwis can call all of their side from ICL as they are injured in heaps.

He was originally in the 30 man squad, but then that time ICC rejected it because of the ICL thing.

p.o.l

Club Cricketer
Razzaq unlikely to play game against Sri Lanka

LAHORE: All-rounder Abdul Razzaq is unlikely to play Pakistan’s next match against Sri Lanka in the ongoing Twenty20 World Cup in England, due to his flight schedule.

Pakistan is to face the islanders in the first match of Super Eight stage of the mega event on Friday, starting at 1830 PST. However, Razzaq leaves Lahore for England via Doha in the wee hours of Friday at 0530 PST, and he is unlikely to be available for selection after a long journey.

Razzaq, was recently cleared by the ICC on the request of the PCB after announcing his disaffiliation from the Indian Cricket League (ICL), and has been selected to replace Yasir Arafat, who is suffering from an injured groin.

The ICC technical committee, accepting the PCB’s request, cleared Razzaq, despite his name not being included in the preliminary list of 30 players of Pakistan.

The team management requested the PCB for Razzaq because of the fine form he had showed in the National Twenty20 tournament in Lahore in May this year. He was declared as best bowler with 11 wickets and also scored a century against Quetta, as his team Lahore Lions under his captaincy entered the final where it lost to three-time champions Sialkot Stallions.

Razzaq, while talking to reporters here expressed hope that he would try to give his best performance and to play the first match against Sri Lanka.

‘I am not worried about adjusting myself with the local conditions quickly as those are not new for me,’ he said.

Razzaq said it was his mistake of joining the ICL and now he would only play for the country. He said Twenty20 was a different ball game in which any team could win by giving best performance.

Razzaq joined the ICL after he was not selected for the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup held in South Africa in 2007. In all, 22 Pakistani players had joined the ICL, but many of them now have started to leave the breakaway league fearing it has no future due to security concern.

Razzaq, who had played for Pakistan 46 Tests and 231 One-day International, is first to get clearance from the ICC to play for any country after breaking the ties with any controversial league.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Razzaq's return to the side would be a great boost for the Pakistani Side

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
oh no!!! he's back!!!:eek: oh noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway:noway
terrible news for NZ!!! :crying
the side is depleted enough to probably lose to the current pak side with out mr.banana swing and now with his return,it may very well be the curtains for the kiwis.
this is not fair!! time to get shane bond back!!! it really is!!!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
the side is depleted enough to probably lose to the current pak side with out mr.banana swing and now with his return,it may very well be the curtains for the kiwis.

Yes. I agree eith you.
Bond should be back in the Kiwi squad

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Yaa i agree with you bond should be back and razzak is back and playing i am seeing the match he is bowling really good tuf for kiwis to win

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, Razzaq played today. Did he contribute or what? I didn't expect him to bat at number three though. Maybe the move will work out against Ireland.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
He batted at 3 in World Cup '09 held in England.

Users who are viewing this thread