Exclusive: International Cricket Captain 2008 Info, Interview & Screenshots

will this game be easily editable so we can do patches and stuff for it. OR will it be really awkward like ICC3?

1. The lack of sixes in photos 12 & 17 worries me. This must be fixed..in image 12 it's the last 10 overs of the innings and no sixes have been hit and 17, even though SA have only scored 200, no sixes. I pray this will be changed or is a rare example of no sixes

2. The 'smoother' gameplay; even when you 'play over' will you have to wait for each ball individually like ICC3 or will it process in one motion like old ICC's(kind of hard to explain)

3. Will it be possible to sign players as Kolpaks who aren't already. For example a young Saffie (eg.du Plessie at Lancs) and you can tempt him to sign for you. Also signing players for T20 comp. separate from your regular overseas player?

4. What T20 tournaments will be on...I doubt the IPL will be due to licensing but if you could make custom teams and tournaments somebody could make a patch as the IPL would be immense. You could then set up online leagues with bidding as new teams start up..lie eBay. Will Stanford & Champions League be on? The money from these would add a another twist to the game

5. Semi-retired players such as Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist etc. will they feature

Well think that's enough from me I could think of many more but don't want to bore everybody with my annoyances

3&4)I doubt that there will be a major change in the Twenty20 formats. There will be international Twenty20 matches as part of tours, and the T20 cup for the County season, but that's probably it. The focus here seems to be gameplay.
5) I doubt that they will appear since none of them are playing any form of domestic cricket except the IPL which will definitely not be appearing.

Q: Will there be Australian domestic comp this time? I feel it is lacking from the game with just English domestic comps.

Q: Will players ever decide to make a come back? If they think they retire too early or something like that.

Q: Will you be able to skip through the overs by holding down the enter bar like in ICC06? I liked doing this in tests to make the game go quicker.

Q: Will we be able to have bowlers that can bowl different types of balls? Like Andrew Symonds who can bowl medium pace and spin.

Q: Will shots in the highlights look more realistic now? Last time it seemed there were about 5 shots. A drive, a cut, block, sweep and pull. It looked very unrealistic. That's why I preferred the ICC06 highlights and went back to that game.

Last edited:
Q: Will there be Australian domestic comp this time? I feel it is lacking from the game with just English domestic comps.

Q: Will players ever decide to make a come back? If they think they retire too early or something like that.

Q: Will you be able to skip through the overs by holding down the enter bar like in ICC06? I liked doing this in tests to make the game go quicker.

Q: Will we be able to have bowlers that can bowl different types of balls? Like Andrew Symonds who can bowl medium pace and spin.

Q: Will shots in the highlights look more realistic now? Last time it seemed there were about 5 shots. A drive, a cut, block, sweep and pull. It looked very unrealistic. That's why I preferred the ICC06 highlights and went back to that game.
Sean, the players coming back looks really interesting IMO

But one thing that always bugged me (this was in Cricket Coach as well) was players sometimes disappeared

Of course, you know that he probably retired, because he was 37/38, but I feel that the players should still be in the database, so you can actually KNOW they retired, and some bug didn't just delete them.

Information added to opening post

@Sean: I wouldn't be hopefuly about your 2nd and 4th questions, they are, in comparison with others, minor details that are probably not going to be implemented. As for your last one, I do believe that there are new animations in the highlights engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few of the questions that I sent in have been replied to:

1. Will there be a demo? If so, will it be like the previous game demos?
Yes there will be a demo you can then purchase - 2 day trial as with previous years - £17.99

2. What taking you so long to implement other countries domestic circuits? If rights are the problem then why dont you provide us an editor(not player editor) to create new domestic circuit and randomly distribute particular nations players in to the created teams using the editor so for eg if we wanted to create Aus domestic circuit we create 6 teams and then click on the RANDOM DISTRIBUTION button to distribute all the Aussies > nationality players in to those 6 teams (we should also have the option to > place the players one by one if we want to)

The game structure is only set up for each player to have one domestic team. There are also problems with team selection and match scheduling due to the original design. Australian Cricket Captain avoided this by having only Australian competitions. We made a second version of this in 2000, but due to problems with the Australian publisher, the game was canned as it was about to go into testing. This was very disappointing for the team, who had put an enormous amount of effort into creating the PC and PlayStation versions of the game. We are planning other domestic leagues for 2009 (commercial pressures allowing). It is likely to be a rolling process to create all domestic competitions.

3. I am really excited in Youth team ,so this mean you will get the same players after you End task the game and re run the player contract screen? IF yes than this will be th major selling point. One more thing did you change the minimum age of a youth player i-e 18 to 15/16?
All domestic youth players will be added to teams earlier in the year, so this will tackle the issue to some extent. Minimum age is still 18.

4. Will Australia still be pathetic once their stars retire, and Sri Lanka and India still amazing because of the poor standard of their domestic systems giving their players inflated averages?
There has been a major re-structuring of new youth player generation. There was a problem caused by Australia having a smaller number of players which mean they were less likely to generate good new players. There was a second problem with bowler generation which compounded this. I also added new factors to take account of the range of quality in first class cricket in different countries. Obviously there is still a strong random element, but in several of the tests I ran, Australia were still top of the test championship in 2200.

5. Will it be released on any other consoles?
We will not be releasing on consoles this year. Unfortunately the profit margins were not enough to justify development costs for further versions. The decision was therefore made to concentrate all efforts on making improvements to the PC game.

Great little interview Aus5892 ,It is great to hear that they are finally implement new domestic leagues in next version ,I seriously hope they include Pak and India this time.

Allrounder18 added 16 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

One more Aus5892 can you ask him about the youth allrounders? will there be any Sobers ,Botham ,Khan ,Kapil ,Flintoff and Kallis replicas? and also what about bowling allrounders like Pollack ,Akram ,Rana ,Mahmood ,Morkel ,Pathan?

Could you ask about an editor and a patch that will update new players e.g. Shaun Pollock as a Kolpak

Also has anything been done about signing new kolpak players?

i quite like the highlights in 1CC 3 , but the ball seemed to cross the boundry in seconds ,i know some people don`t want to see a ball trickle over the rope , but it makes it more realistic .

Australia be in that awful blue and grey ODI kit again ?

very important question here

will the players that have been associated with the icl and banned by their national boards be in the national squads?

and will razzaq be in the default pakistan squad cos he is nowhere to be seen in the last edition.

would much rather have razzaq in there rather than azhar mahmood and yasir arafat or mohd hafeez

Users who are viewing this thread