Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Would be awesome if all ideas are implemented :p

kurtkz

Game Developer
I'm going to write up something either tonight or tomorrow - I won't get started on Career mode just yet though. I'd like to implement internet play first...

harrisb

International Coach
Are there plans to add in anymore leagues, for example the English county system? If my GCSEs weren't coming up I'd volunteer myself, and also by having a Mac doesn't help, hence my lack of testing feedback.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Yup, that's the plan - I'll get around to it eventually. Have you tried installing Wine on Mac (is that even possible)? Some guys had luck running the old version under Wine on Linux...

harrisb

International Coach
I don't know, haven't really looked into it because until now I haven't had a reason to go back to windows, gave up with cricksim ages ago.

Another idea I had, graphically, would be to have player profiles like their cricinfo pages irl, and then when a player comes out to bat, you get their picture and their stats, possibly for that format or their recent form. I don't know how hard that would be to add in.

I did have another idea that would completely change the game, but I guess you've got your 3d idea running smoothly. Basically, it was going to involve making a 3d game with stick figures (like the stick cricket ones) If done well I think many would forget the cartoony feel because we haven't had a decent game for ages, especially one with so much depth to it

kurtkz

Game Developer
@harrisb: Yeah, I thought of using profile pictures and such, but there's lots of legal redtape. I actually have to rename the players and teams before I officially release it...

harrisb

International Coach
Oh right, so is it going to be like A. Stwuss, A. Chef and so on, I suppose if it's easily editable then having the option to add pictures wouldn't have any image implications.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah make sure you stay on the right side of the legal line :)

As long as a game leaves itself with room to be modded that's the sort of stuff a community sorts out anyway ;)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Exactly what puddleduck says. Including pictures could collide with legal issues

kurtkz

Game Developer
Alrighty, the poll os now closed and it was unanimous - the next big feature is career mode! I'll be taking this weekend off to fix bugs but I'll get cracking on career mode early next week.

I know I didn't add player profile screens, but if I have enough time I'll try to add those this weekend.

abcd500

School Cricketer
the things that irritate me in most of the cricket games are the unlicensed name of the player.i know it is a legal issue but this will be great if there is an option to change the players name while playing game

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi guys,

if you haven't heard I've started with career mode dev again. It's still very rough around the edges, but it's playable. I'm trying to figure out how to balance getting paid a salary with not allowing the player to purchase the most expensive gear up front...any ideas?

I considered implementing a Quality of Life slider that trades off between money and health, but it seems contrived?

I also considered having a minimum level/skill for better equipment but that also seems contrived...

Anyone have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread