Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

sharankarkera

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey, can u please put the simulation for online co-op vs AI in the current iteration as well as next. That would really be great.

koston54

Club Cricketer
-Option to not agree to captaincy should also be given...
-Or even an option to include vice captaincy to the game where the captain makes discussions with the career player on the bowling changes ,field setting and stuff like that..

I would like this one to be implemented.
Selfish I know but I just want to look after myself with and help with some minor decisions

tassietiger420

Club Captain
One thing that really needs to be in the next game imo is drag and drop field placings. I hate being locked into set positions and would love the ability to just pick up fielders and plop them anywhere I want as often I only want a slight tweak eg moving mid on a few metres to the right.

D

Deleted member 149013

I think injuries to players is one of the most important and cool feature. Especially in career.

Granted that cricketers do pick up a niggle or a long term problem.

Could you imagine how frustrating it would be?

Your career player is out for 6 months due to a back related injury and what if you are enjoying a career and it’s the best one to date but injury brings the career to a sudden end…

It just seems an unneeded feature when you are trying to be selected for international involvement or playing overseas.

Then you would get people posting on here and complaining that they can’t play their career without injuries getting in the way every five minutes…

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think adding a dynamic line up system which sees players getting dropped or moved about in the order etc is more important than career injuries, however if a player is struck by a bouncer it would be good to see the odd retired hurt.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just to note - in Big Ant's games with career mode injuries, it is always a toggleable option.

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing that really needs to be in the next game imo is drag and drop field placings. I hate being locked into set positions and would love the ability to just pick up fielders and plop them anywhere I want as often I only want a slight tweak eg moving mid on a few metres to the right.

Drag and Drop is fine but any other field placing other than the slots provided would mean an entirely new set of coding for the shot selection because of the huge amount of placement possibilities (which Ross had already mentioned before release). On another note, I think the only addition required to the already present field slots is to add a halfway slot for every on-the-line deep fielding positions.

BUT...I noticed how my strongest fielders weren't in the places I want them to be. This can be adjusted, although time consuming, on a single player game but on online multiplayer there isn't time for this. So I wish Big Ant comes up with a method to select the fielder by name and drop them onto a position directly instead of going to all the positions until we get there (mouse for PC and maybe a analogue controlled hovering pointer for consoles?). Another work around, although more complex, would be team specific custom fields that bring the in game field setting menu into Academy.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Why not have something like challenge or event creator mode in the next version.

Like option to:
-Create the match title [maybe the series name] and select the teams.
-Time and date of the match.
-No.of overs bowled and remaining.
-Runs to be scored or wickets to be taken.
-Challenge that needs to be completed.

The idea basically is to recreate historical events and share amongst others in the community through the academy so that they can complete the challenge and enjoy that piece of historical moment recreation.
So with this there would always remain new stuff or challenge for the players to enjoy the game more and the challenges will be never ending.This will not be the total match but will be similar to the challenge mode on BLC 05..
Option of making the challenge public in the academy or sending to just your friends or even a particular person should be given..A notification should pop up when a player sends the challenge to other person/friends..
Finishing the challenge should give them RP or whatever system the next version will have.RP points should be based on the level of difficulty of the challenge...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I just hope they get AI batting and the experience of bowling to them right... There is no extra game mode, function or feature that could make up for that still not being right - it was nowhere near right in DBC14 and I hope that is the absolute priority for game 2
Totally agree...

MaccaJay

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I wish to see in the next big ant cricket game:
1. More customisable kits.
2. More in depth career like getting dropped or getting raised up the order and maybe a coaching career.
3. More career teams like New Zealand domestic or India.
4.zinger bails for bbl.
5. BETTER AI!!! Because when I hit the ball they all ways take outrageous catches

MaccaJay

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Granted that cricketers do pick up a niggle or a long term problem.

Could you imagine how frustrating it would be?

Your career player is out for 6 months due to a back related injury and what if you are enjoying a career and it’s the best one to date but injury brings the career to a sudden end…

It just seems an unneeded feature when you are trying to be selected for international involvement or playing overseas.

Then you would get people posting on here and complaining that they can’t play their career without injuries getting in the way every five minutes…
But it makes it more realistic and when your career is bland with just game after game their needs to be injuries so it feels more realistic...... Making for a better game

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really want trackable statistics for tests, ODI, T20i, FC, LA and T20 matches the way that Shane Warne Cricket '99 did in both the player screen but also as team and individual records. Scoring a big century or having a big partnership meant a bit more in that game when you could have it as a record and try and beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread