Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I also think it would be cool if certain records were stored (eg: highest opening partnership in Tests for England against Pakistan at Lord's) and if you were getting close to breaking them a graphic could be shown to let you know that you are close to the record.

This would be so awesome.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A "Scenario Creator" mode would be awesome. We could pick our teams, match type/format, match situation (e.g., India vs WI from 1971 where India needs 404 in the 4th innings to win the Test etc.) and create endless scenarios. You could create "timeless Tests" scenario where you have to chase say 680 odd in the last innings 6th day onwards. It would be awesome and possibilities of scenarios you can create are endless.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there a Stadium Creator or its a hoax ? *confused badly*

It may or may not be there as its not officially announced
But all signs and the file structure are pointing toward Stadium Creator

gunit123

County Cricketer
A "Scenario Creator" mode would be awesome. We could pick our teams, match type/format, match situation (e.g., India vs WI from 1971 where India needs 404 in the 4th innings to win the Test etc.) and create endless scenarios. You could create "timeless Tests" scenario where you have to chase say 680 odd in the last innings 6th day onwards. It would be awesome and possibilities of scenarios you can create are endless.

Easily one of the best suggestions I've seen in here for a while :thumbs

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Is there a Stadium Creator or its a hoax ? *confused badly*

Whats the all talk about stadium creator is there any ? :) :) :) :D

Check out that academy file breakdown topic and decide for yourself.

On the implementation of a story mode I just finished the first year of the NBA 2K16 Career mode which is littered with cringe worthy story telling I hope to see nothing like this anywhere in my sports games ever again, just let me play games I couldn't care less about your silly story. FIFA is going to have a story mode this year as well, and it will no doubt be terrible too!

Wouldn't hurt to have scenarios in there, but for it to be truly great and have impact you would need the commentators to be able to identify certain situations. Hopefully they have been built upon for 17.

Bluebagger

International Coach
Oh god please don't do a story mode. Career mode expansion would be great but a story mode? You play it once, usually not the way through, and it becomes useless when everybody has the same experience.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Given it's only the second iteration, game modes grounded in the core gameplay mechanics make the most sense in my book. A 'story' detracts from the core gameplay they're looking to develop - while a scenario creator would exemplify what the game is looking to deliver: gameplay and customisation

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One thing I think the game is lacking currently is an "effective" short ball, especially to tailenders but really any batsman who has a weakness on the backfoot / short ball. think of this dismissal of Rahat Ali by Chris Woakes...

Or perhaps the Moeen and Broad dismissals here

I don't think I have ever seen a dismissal like this in DBC. In fact, since @francobaldo1 addressed the edges in his mod, this is the standout omission to the bowling experience. I really hope @BigAntStudios can look at that.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah the Silly mid on and mid off in DBC is more of a run saving human wall fielding position that an actually catcher.

The Ball dynamics are just as such that as soon as the Batters body is hit , the ball dies to quickly . This also affects the pads for Bat pads and leg byes that are near impossible to come by because of this.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Agreed. Having played mainly spin in career mode there are certain common dismissal types that are missing (bat-pad, looping catches off a top edge on a sweep, leg slip catches, pretty much any close fielder catches). I am hoping for a more varied experience with spin in DBC17. For fast bowling, I'd certainly like to see the possibility of something like that Woakes to Rahat ball that Blocker showed. Getting batters to jump around a bit more to that sort of ball would make the experience more realistic.

Bluebagger

International Coach
I've taken a few wickets with the short ball since the fearsome tweak mod but they were just edges off a hook that the batsman was unlucky to hit it straight up on to his helmet and it ballooned to somebody in the slips. I hope we do get to see an effective short ball.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah the Silly mid on and mid off in DBC is more of a run saving human wall fielding position that an actually catcher.

The Ball dynamics are just as such that as soon as the Batters body is hit , the ball dies to quickly . This also affects the pads for Bat pads and leg byes that are near impossible to come by because of this.

On similar lines, the edge simply dies and you hardly get edges go to the boundary. In cricket nearly every innings features a few edges or inside edges/french cuts through slips or fine leg go for 4 but in DBC 14 the edges rarely reach the boundary and nearly dies. You are lucky to get 1 or 2 even if the edge evades the wk. Maybe the effectiveness of the wkt keeper can be reduced and the speed of the edge can be increased so you get edged runs and boundaries.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
On similar lines, the edge simply dies and you hardly get edges go to the boundary. In cricket nearly every innings features a few edges or inside edges/french cuts through slips or fine leg go for 4 but in DBC 14 the edges rarely reach the boundary and nearly dies. You are lucky to get 1 or 2 even if the edge evades the wk. Maybe the effectiveness of the wkt keeper can be reduced and the speed of the edge can be increased so you get edged runs and boundaries.

I know you're on console but the francobaldo fearsome tweak hack gives you amazing edges that fly everywhere, wide of slip, over slip you name it off for four.

If Big Ant haven't looked at whatever it is his mod does they have seriously missed a trick

Users who are viewing this thread