Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Hit-outs to be added in next iteration of the game

What is a hit-out exactly?

Hit Wicket refers to "If the batsman dislodges the stumps with his body or bat, while in the process of taking a shot or beginning his first run, then he is out"

That is my suggestion

Hit Wicket refers to "If the batsman dislodges the stumps with his body or bat, while in the process of taking a shot or beginning his first run, then he is out"

That is my suggestion

Oh hit wicket, got ya. The problem is that the AI currently give their wicket away far too often as it is so I'd hate to see Big Ant add yet another cheap wicket option.

Hit wicket animation is actually in the game it's just that the bat magically goes through the stumps!

Sir we want more in depth gameplay. more realistic feel. more licensed things like kits stumps scoreboard etc. Special ashes series . world cup feeling too. like ea sports fifa series we cricket fans want our cricket game. thanks . love don bradman cricket 14.

Is this the worst cricketer of all time? Watch hilarious video of batsman's dreadful two-ball innings which came to a humiliating end | Daily Mail Online

This is actually what I model my RL batting on

(averaged 0.67 in the uni season this year!)

a two not out and two ducks, actually. The two runs I scored was from a fantastic shot though!

e: Wait, that makes my average 1! I've been underselling myself!

they actually came from an outside edge from a defensive shot; the slip really should have caught them

a two not out and two ducks, actually. The two runs I scored was from a fantastic shot though!

they actually came from an outside edge from a defensive shot; the slip really should have caught them

A ha! I knew there had to be a not out somewhere! Keep up the good work... we can never have too many Phantoms around :clap

I say Big Ant are missing a trick by not offering a package deal with DBC 14 and this...

My best ever batting innings was the fifteen ball duck I had last year: I managed to hang around for four overs and the guy at the other end added another 50 to our total by slogging the ball a bunch

we won by thirty runs...

i think a team career is needed heavily, i really just want to kill it with Yorkshire and England, and i want an overall rating for the player also the ball doesn't spin enough. it never carries to the keeper. the ai are bad, they play shots on 6th stump in test matches. fielders are too good, there is no way to hit a single. players don't get better or worse as the season progresses except from your player. there should be a skill point system t add points earned to your player. lack of stadiums. textures are poor. all players bowl the same. no differing batting style, e.g. chanderpaul. wicket keepers are idiotic. the ai playing style doesn't differ from t20 to one day to test. there is no variation in length bare the types. commentators suck, they should give an editor and also, there should be more spaces for teams because i really want to download the cpl and other leagues straight away rather than going into the academy and finding them myslef. also there should be changes in the career mode, if i get inot the england team and i open, im not just going to kick cook out of the team, there should be a change, drop down lyth or cook or mee and take out smeone who isnt performing like bell down the order. also why is there no field setting to match the field of the other batsmen?!

i am fully aware they were on a strict budget but the next itteration will have more money put into it and should be at a good standard. Rant over, alltogether the game is fun but i can see so many areas it can e improved in, cant wait for next year, dont think i think the games is crap, i think its good with the resources available.

I call it Astle and Danny The Duck show... as one of my coaches used to say "it's the team score which counts".

i think a team career is needed heavily, i really just want to kill it with Yorkshire and England, and i want an overall rating for the player also the ball doesn't spin enough. it never carries to the keeper. the ai are bad, they play shots on 6th stump in test matches. fielders are too good, there is no way to hit a single. players don't get better or worse as the season progresses except from your player. there should be a skill point system t add points earned to your player. lack of stadiums. textures are poor. all players bowl the same. no differing batting style, e.g. chanderpaul. wicket keepers are idiotic. the ai playing style doesn't differ from t20 to one day to test. there is no variation in length bare the types. commentators suck, they should give an editor and also, there should be more spaces for teams because i really want to download the cpl and other leagues straight away rather than going into the academy and finding them myslef. also there should be changes in the career mode, if i get inot the england team and i open, im not just going to kick cook out of the team, there should be a change, drop down lyth or cook or mee and take out smeone who isnt performing like bell down the order. also why is there no field setting to match the field of the other batsmen?!

i am fully aware they were on a strict budget but the next itteration will have more money put into it and should be at a good standard. Rant over, alltogether the game is fun but i can see so many areas it can e improved in, cant wait for next year, dont think i think the games is crap, i think its good with the resources available.
I am sure lots of valid points but impossible to read....

I am sure lots of valid points but impossible to read....

He wants:

- Team career mode rather than only being able to play a player career

- An overall rating for a player

- Spinners being able to spin the ball more

- Improves bounce of the ball for bowlers so it carries to the keeper more often

- Reduced ability of fielders so quick singles off of nudges can be taken

- An improvement/deterioration of other players abilities depending on performance, age, etc in player career mode instead of how it currently is where only your career mode player improves or declines in ability and everyone else stays the same.

- An ability to earn skill points that one can actively choose to add to whatever category he pleases in career mode.

- More stadiums

- Improved textures

- Different bowling actions for different players. To add more depth to this, Malinga having a slingy action, Sohail Tanvir having a wrong footed action, etc. If not this, at least generically making a 'one for all' slingy action to give to any bowler with a slightly slingly action as was done in Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 and further versions. Similarly spinners with a slight jerk in their actions all having the same 'jerky' action (Saeed Ajmal, Mohammed Hafeez, Sunil Narine, etc).

- Differing batting styles. To add to this again, Alistair Cook having a big trigger movement as the bowler runs up, Virat Kohli, Jos Butler and others predominantly using their wrists to play most shots, etc. Maybe even have players like AB De Villiers having more shots available to him compared to other less innovative players. Like the reverse paddle which he can even hit for six against very fast bowlers, a shot I've seen only very few players be able to pull off (Glenn Maxwell did it too I think).

- Wicket keepers to be less idiotic

- The AI to bat completely differently in say a T20 compared to a Test. This would imply batsmen premeditating lofted shots regardless of delivery type, on occasion potentially attempting reverse sweeps, etc in T20s and at the end of ODIs. Just generally being far far more proactive and prepared to be unusually aggressive than they would in Tests. Only happens to an extent currently and really could be improved on.

- Commentary to improve

- The career mode logic in terms of selection to improve. If your own career player gets into the England team, don't drop Alistair Cook for example, it would be more logical to drop Adam Lyth, an unproven opener with far less experience and ability compared to Cook. Or even better would be the AI deciding to drop your career player down the order initially temporarily or permanently because say the current openers are performing too well and drop some other under performing player like Ian Bell.

I hope this allowed you to fully understand the points Sahood tried to make.

Note that I missed some points out that I didn't fully understand.

Users who are viewing this thread