FOOTBALL Fifa 13 PC and Consoles

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
1. Take a leaf out of Pro Evo's book when it comes to formations. You pick up a man, and move him exactly where you want - no need to save a new formation either. Perfect for when you want to cover that gap your CB has made by getting himself sent off.

2. Let's be able to put a price on our players? That's a big part of the fun of being a manager. I've got players that the game values at ?2m but I value at ?10m and I want to be able to put that price on them, or to simply say that they're not for sale!

3. International management. Come on, EA! (I know it won't happen though, especially now, not with Euro 12 coming up. I wouldn't pay what they're asking for Euro 12, but if it meant implementing International management into the main Fifa game, I'd happily pay it).

4. Make more of the 'talk to press' feature - and allow us to hold post match press conferences as well if we want to whine about offside decisions and the like.

5. Following on from that, and I'm getting bored saying this, but EA take a look at how Pro Evo handles offsides! They're completely unpredictable - you think you've scored, the commentator says so, the crowd celebrate, then up comes the flag...

6. Learn what is and what isn't an own goal! I've seen goals where the defender blatantly gets the last touch, yet it doesn't go down as an own goal.

7. Again, like Pro Evo, more life around the pitches! Let's have moving cameramen/policemen/etc.

8. If you make players who have just broken their legs walk off the pitch by themselves without so much as a couple of guys to help, I'm going to report you to the real Fifa. Stretchers please EA, where appropriate!

9. Following on from that, when a player is injured, don't immediately give us the exact nature of his injury. Make it vague like 'knee injury'. That way, we can talk about the player going for a scan after the match, and then comes the email with the really bad news. Just because a player leaves the pitch in agony doesn't always result in a long injury lay-off.

10. Proper FA/League/Euro draws (skippable, of course - for those who don't want to sit through them).

11. Injuries to goalkeepers. At the moment, the goalkeeper on the subs bench is just taking up valuable space.

12. Impact Engine to take into account impacts from the ball, goalposts, adboards and so on - along with refinements to the current system.

13. Make the crowd chants louder, and allow the flow of the match to affect the excellent custom chants feature - because at the moment, it doesn't.

14. If a team drops down to the Championship, let's see Championship shoulder patches - ditto if a team goes up to the Premiership. If a team wins the Premiership, they get the golden Premiership shoulder patch.

15. When the heck are you going to actually let us see exactly how much stoppage time is left?

16. Following on from that, aggregate scorelines need to be on the screen at all times, just below the main scoreboard.

17. Following on from that I don't know about you guys, but I hate this idea of three letters representing team names on the scoreboard. For those who want it, let's be able to see the whole team name up there, so we can remember who the heck we're playing when it's some obscure team.

18. Different levels of rain. Wet matches don't always make the pitch act like it's been waterlogged - sometimes (most of the time), it just slicks the pitch up a bit, making the ball 'skip' over the surface more.

19. Following on from that - dynamic lighting and weather in matches (although I've got a feeling that we're going to be stuck with this lighting/weather system until the new engine comes with the new consoles. And no, I don't mean snow, rain and sunshine in the same match, EA.

20. Again, I'm getting bored saying this, but different celebrations should accompany different levels of importance when it comes to goals. Look at the City players celebrating after Aguero's accursed last minute goal - that's what we should see in similar situations in Fifa. At the same time, the odd goal in a 7-1 thrashing shouldn't have players leaping on each other.

21. Following on from that, if you haven't got the 'team celebrations' working properly, go back to the cutscene format - it's more exciting.

22. Following on from that let's have controllable trophy celebrations. If you want to run around the pitch with the cup, you can - for example - and there can be button press combinations for different 'moves' such as the whole team doing the 'Klinsmann' dive; or if you want the whole team to go after the manager armed with champagne. A system like that if correctly implemented, would bring an end to the boredom of seeing exactly the same cutscene whenever you win a trophy, regardless of what the trophy is.

23. Speaking of managers, let's see them on the sidelines. They don't have to have real faces - just have some sort of representation of the manager and his reactions down on the sidelines.

24. Once again, EA: have a look at how Pro Evo does it 'Virtual Pro' type stuff. Combine Pro Evo's BaL system with Fifa's massive content and you're on to a sure fire winner.

25. If we make a league in Creation Centre, for example the Conference, it should be fully implementable in Career mode. You should be able to be promoted from it, and face teams from it in the FA Cup. For me, Creation Centre has never worked properly - not once. All I get is errors about downloading user content and I've followed the instructions to the letter.

26. We need to be able to compare our own players side by side with players we're looking at buying.

27. An ability to scout potential players properly would be nice as well - maybe actually 'go' to see a match they're in; that way we could watch them as a real scout would.

28. Commentators, speak when you have something sensible to say. More comments regarding the pop-up stats and less comments that the goal was scored because of the snow blinding the keeper. No. It was scored because it was a damn good finish! And drop Smith in favour of G. Neville.

I'm sure I'll think of much more, but that's enough for now.

----------

Articles about new features in Fifa 13:

EA unveils new features for FIFA 13

FIFA 13 - smarter, tougher and more unpredictable - VideoGamer.com

FIFA 13's David Rutter chats new features, the brilliance of Messi and diving - FIFA 13 for Xbox 360 News

Unless I've missed it, no mention of 'Be a Referee' - as I thought, that was probably someone having a laugh. Might have made an interesting sideline game mode, but not at the expense of working on the main game.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
LOL, I think you just want all features from PES to be in Fifa. You gotta admit that they will be different in some ways. It isn't bad if PES keeps concentrating on Graphics, extra stuffs while Fifa concentrate on gameplay. Gameplay is more important, right? Some of features you mentioned are not likely to come for few years.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
@Friend: Not at all - there's no reason why EA can't provide both. The guys working on the gameplay do not work on the graphics. ;) Why should PES and Fifa be that different? They're both football games. Football is football is football. ;)

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I haven't watched that yet - but if it is really Fifa 13, isn't there usually an NDA that anyone who sees early info has to sign? Couldn't he get into a bit of trouble posting that video?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I haven't watched that yet - but if it is really Fifa 13, isn't there usually an NDA that anyone who sees early info has to sign? Couldn't he get into a bit of trouble posting that video?

That's KSI, pretty much the biggest FIFA Youtube commentator there is. He must know the rules, well, so has posted it anyway, meaning he must be allowed. He gets far too much income from Youtube to risk a ban.

No footage though obviously, just some gameplay changes.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Oh The FIFA fails, they'll only get better. :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That's KSI, pretty much the biggest FIFA Youtube commentator there is. He must know the rules, well, so has posted it anyway, meaning he must be allowed. He gets far too much income from Youtube to risk a ban.

No footage though obviously, just some gameplay changes.

I must say, at first I found his videos funny, but now his overly sarcastic tone is beginning to grate somewhat.

See, there's an example - he's going on about the new defensive system and sarcastically shows an xbox controller being pressed, with the words 'so... much... brain... engagement'. The fact is in Fifa 12, you do have to use your head to defend more - just lunge in and you're going to lose many goals. As for pressing RB and A to defend - simple. Do what I do: map contain somewhere you'll never use it and switch it with team contain. Let's face it, in most other football games if an opponent is in the area, you try and tackle him, right? Now in Fifa 12 you have the realistic and more effective, not to mention safe, option of trying to sheperd him somewhere where he'll be less of a threat.

What the heck is with the flying players????? Is that just on console, because I have never, not once, seen it on PC. I have seen some IE oddities, like the Rooney/Suarez fight I posted - but never anything like that! I don't get what's going on there.

He's probably right about 'Precision dribbling' and as for 'first touch', I'm sure there are already plenty of players in the game who cannot trap a bag of cement. ;) I'm also not excited about the idea of being able to look one way and dribble another. That sounds like a gimmicky 'so what?' feature to me. Another thing, I think this idea of being able to move the wall forwards is entering a bit of a buggy minefield... I'm not sure about that one.

I was wondering though - what are your thoughts on this - in Fifa 12 at the moment, you can kick the ball away after being called for an offside. If you can't exercise the self control needed not to (:lol :lol ) maybe some refs should give out a yellow card?

I am a little worried about all the improvements being made to the attacking and silence on the defensive side, which definitely needs to be improved. I like Tactical Defending a lot, but it's the positioning of the AI defenders that is the problem, both on your team and the AI's.

Off topic: sounds as though my left speaker's going to pack up soon, as it's making 'noise' when there's nothing playing. Great - more expense! :lol

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I think the PC version is the premier version having played all 3. Runs the smoothest and obviously at the best resolution as well seeing as how consoles don't actually achieve real HD (it's a lie we all bought into).

----------

Christ sake Steve haha, did you stumble into one of those scary doors with signs warning against death by electricity? It's like you have some kind of aura of static around you :p

----------

Also, he's playing some very early code of whatever game. I'd take most of it with a pinch of salt.

That said his videos autoplayed, and loaded up a goal of the week comp where numbers 1 & 2 were awesome! Obviously number 2 is incredible, but to recreate the Henry flick and finish takes some doing!

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah his goal of the week countdowns are brilliant. I've had some longshots in online matches against the best keepers in the game like Hart and Stekelenburg, wish I recorded them and sent them in.

Never really watched his videos though so not really sure about his sarcasm on a regular basis.

FIFA on PS3 is pretty buggy, the impact engine, though it's not really game affecting, the stuff like the flying players and all. He plays on PS3.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Two impressions from the Guildford play session:

FIFA 13 Gameplay Impressions – Toms View | FIFA Soccer Blog

FIFA 13 Gameplay Impressions – Dave’s View | FIFA Soccer Blog

Very promising!

----------

Never really watched his videos though so not really sure about his sarcasm on a regular basis.

Trust me, it's his normal tone in these videos. He comes across as a sarcastic, know it all, Superior Being - who thinks he could do better than EA. Why not give it a try then? ;) :rolleyes

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
There is some strong evidence that Fifa 13 will have some sort of dynamic lighting system:
"Note, in the parameters of game FIFA 13, there are two new options that attract attention. You will now have the choice between the four seasons of the year and the possibility to choose the game time for every 30 minutes (from 14h).

This suggests that FIFA 13 would have a model of real-time lighting similar to MLB 12: The Show , where the sky darkens when evening falls."

That's taken from a translation from fifagamersblog - and I myself saw last week that the positioning of shadows on the various screenshots differs. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread