Review: First Impressions of DB14 on PC

ravi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
cant play pull shots to ground always getting caught if square leg is present:noway

Last edited:

Stickdeath1980

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Beeing playing it since yesterday quite a bit carerr mode couple online games but need more Ozzys and kiwis to play with casue most people in UK or India lol.

Biggest 6 so far 124 M and best bowling with my player 7/24 but gotta say me and my mate beeing playing this like shane warne again so much fun and batting is super well done makes you feel you got the power best batting so far 54 takes some practice but running game High spec and FREAKEN LOVE THE CRACK OF THE WILLOW :D

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There is a manual that tells you what to do, and an in-game tutorial mode that tells you what to do.

When pushing the left stick up, push it in the direction you want the ball to go.

Isn't it the right stick? I thought left stick was for selecting the delivery type and right stick controlled line & length.

freeshead

School Cricketer
I played a lot on ps3 and managed to take wickets of AI at veteran and pro level in tests and odis. But..

I simply cant take AI's wicket in test match ( Pro level ) . I bowled 45 overs. They scored 153/0.

How to take wickets in patch 2 ?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)

Alberts

International Coach
The AI batting is so much better in this version.

Edges are also appearing, not sure if it's up to the right level at first class and Test level, but I'll have to see long term.

The fielding is much better (as in, not made of ridiculous super players) too.

Overall it's pretty damn good.

anikalra123

School Cricketer
4 sixes in a row and still the fielders where inside the circle.......
plz help what to do????
is it due to i am playing on rookie level ??????
or is it due to i am playing casual mode and not in a competition???????

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Where exactly should the fielders stand to stop you hitting it for six?

anikalra123

School Cricketer
at least they should be standing on the boundary and not in the 30 yard circle............

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Scorecard.png

Started career mode with Somerset (rookie). The first FC match was average, opening the batting for Somerset, I scored 4 off my career's first ball but got caught behind off the next ball.

In my first Pro40 match, I opened the batting and scored a blistering 36(8) and then got bowled by a solid yorker.

Stump-Cam.png

The stump-cam view : SOLID. After getting bowled, the pitch-map showed up but it was the stump-cam that grabbed my attention, terrific is the word to describe the experience.

Stadiums : I've played in Sydney, Dharmashala and a few English stadiums so far. The way BigAntStudios have got the stadiums model perfect is impeccable, it sure does add to the whole experience. :thumbs

Stadium.pngStadium 2.png

I'll be doing a much detailed review in the next few days. :)

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
4 sixes in a row and still the fielders where inside the circle.......
plz help what to do????
is it due to i am playing on rookie level ??????
or is it due to i am playing casual mode and not in a competition???????
On Rookie and Amateur field positions do not move based on where you're hitting the ball.

Pro and up do.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
cant play pull shots to ground always getting caught if square leg is present:noway

I found this also and the reason for this is the AI bowl to many short balls, sometimes the full over. The way to get around it is don't play the pull shot but like others it's one of the better shots in the game, i do wonder what others think about this as patch one was to easy to pull and patch two to hard.

PS I also had the AI drop me there like 6 times in a inns, almost as bad as the bowler.:spy

Users who are viewing this thread