First Preview of TableTop Cricket

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I reckon this would be great on IOS and Android. Any chance?

There's a good chance of there being handheld versions. We are concentrating on the full Cricket game so the handheld would have to wait.

ricky87

Club Captain
Well, really excited for this one, hopefully it will be as good as it is cute :D
Why the delay in releasing the Steam version though?

coolz_hari

International Coach
what is the main difference between bigant cricket and table top cricket?
we were told that tt cricket is arcade version but how is it different from previous arcade games that released before? arcade is easy game play? ?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
what is the main difference between bigant cricket and table top cricket?
we were told that tt cricket is arcade version but how is it different from previous arcade games that released before? arcade is easy game play? ?

I would hope there are a lot of differences between the games

Table top cricket is based on this game. Many happy childhood memories playing this.

To make batting more challenging we used to place a button under the fabric on a good length so after ball was bowled it could 'move off the seam' i.e. deviate off the button :D

6ry4nj

International Coach
To make batting more challenging we used to place a button under the fabric on a good length so after ball was bowled it could 'move off the seam' i.e. deviate off the button :D
So that's why Tony Greig was always missing a button when he came back from the pitch inspection...! :lol

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I would hope there are a lot of differences between the games

Table top cricket is based on this game. Many happy childhood memories playing this.

The games are worlds apart and there are very few similarities at all, indeed I struggle to think of any. It's a game that I enjoyed as a kid and have fond memories of, we're making it mostly to bring back those memories for people and to have some light hearted fun.

I wish we had thought of the idea of placing a virtual button on the pitch, that would have been cool!

Last edited:

AsadAbrar

International Coach
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Great stuff. The graphics looks kind of pixelated but I'm happy with the concept. :)

It makes my remember, when I was a kid I used to think of making a game with real robots kinda players and stuff like that. Yeah, I know I was creative as hell.

Stoneyhawk

Club Captain
The games are worlds apart and there are very few similarities at all, indeed I struggle to think of any. It's a game that I enjoyed as a kid and have fond memories of, we're making it mostly to bring back those memories for people and to have some light hearted fun.

I have great memories of Test Match Cricket game as a kid...loved that game! Looking forward to this game. Hopefully soon!

ricky87

Club Captain
Ross, you said that Cricket is very close to your heart and you are going to make the best Cricket game ever, is the feeling same for this game as well?

The game really looks amazing but this is not your major Cricket game and it focuses on the casual gamer, so does it mean it is not going to be as good? I am just curious because we don't know much about the gameplay or features other than its based on the Cricket board game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Ross, you said that Cricket is very close to your heart and you are going to make the best Cricket game ever, is the feeling same for this game as well?

The game really looks amazing but this is not your major Cricket game and it focuses on the casual gamer, so does it mean it is not going to be as good? I am just curious because we don't know much about the gameplay or features other than its based on the Cricket board game.

It will not have the depth or gameplay of the the full Cricket game, it is a casual game with a lower price point and is a much more light-hearted affair with over the top animations and graphics.

ricky87

Club Captain
It will not have the depth or gameplay of the the full Cricket game, it is a casual game with a lower price point and is a much more light-hearted affair with over the top animations and graphics.

Thanks Ross. Waiting for the announcement to know more about the game :)

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Terrific! I want this! And, I play Test Match still. :D

Yeah, I reckon this would be great on IOS and Android. Any chance?

I'd get this for my iPad the day it was released!

Users who are viewing this thread