FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is a bug for FM 12 that creates a huge list of players when you add or remove a league right? Did that one get fixed?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well decided to go back and play my Palace save for a little while since I was getting bored with my team's play in my other save :p

And well I don't think it really even matters how we go this season, we're making a profit of about 2m pounds each month. Always helps when I'm only paying about 1m a month in wages and get back like 4m from TV revenue :p

Pretty sad our salary expense though... 11.13m for us, the next lowest in the league is Burnley with 14.66m and then Bolton with 22.29m. Not to mention there are 9 championship teams with higher wages than us... Yet our team is pretty good quality and has lots of potential :p

Anyway, we've played really well so far this season. Guarin has been great. Montoya has started to find his feet after a couple of poor performances and Clyne has done well in the absence of Parr, who was injured while playing for Norway. Since our 5-2 win over Mallorca, we beat West Brom 2-1 at home (Guarin and Zaha the scorers), Blackburn 1-0 away thanks to an early Ambrose header. We played what would be our easiest Europa League first, at home against Feyenoord and set pieces proved to be a lot better this game as McCarthy and Hobbs scored after Ambrose scored early, ensuring a 3-0 win. We didn't play very well against Wigan though and went down 2-0, poor defending costing us early before a rare Speroni mistake, passing the ball to the opposition allowed Wigan to put the game beyond doubt. Sitting in 8th place though after 5 games so very pleased. Arsenal meanwhile are in 19th.

Bevab

Staff Member
idk, I don't even know what you're talking about, lol

If you do add a league, the number of regens who are useless and don't have any club increases incredibly high as you progress, increasing the player count over the seasons. That does make the game slow, and almost unplayable after a few seasons. This was a bug. Was that eventually rectified?

If not, maybe you'll have to avoid adding or removing leagues.

----------

Well decided to go back and play my Palace save for a little while since I was getting bored with my team's play in my other save :p

And well I don't think it really even matters how we go this season, we're making a profit of about 2m pounds each month. Always helps when I'm only paying about 1m a month in wages and get back like 4m from TV revenue :p

Pretty sad our salary expense though... 11.13m for us, the next lowest in the league is Burnley with 14.66m and then Bolton with 22.29m. Not to mention there are 9 championship teams with higher wages than us... Yet our team is pretty good quality and has lots of potential :p

Anyway, we've played really well so far this season. Guarin has been great. Montoya has started to find his feet after a couple of poor performances and Clyne has done well in the absence of Parr, who was injured while playing for Norway. Since our 5-2 win over Mallorca, we beat West Brom 2-1 at home (Guarin and Zaha the scorers), Blackburn 1-0 away thanks to an early Ambrose header. We played what would be our easiest Europa League first, at home against Feyenoord and set pieces proved to be a lot better this game as McCarthy and Hobbs scored after Ambrose scored early, ensuring a 3-0 win. We didn't play very well against Wigan though and went down 2-0, poor defending costing us early before a rare Speroni mistake, passing the ball to the opposition allowed Wigan to put the game beyond doubt. Sitting in 8th place though after 5 games so very pleased. Arsenal meanwhile are in 19th.

Haha, that wage difference you suffer when you jump into the Premier League is indeed tough to manage.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Football Manager 2012 v12.0.3
-----------------------------

General
=======
- Fixed an issue where adding a league was causing more people then needed to be loaded into the game.

I assume that's the fix to that problem?

idk what you mean by tough to manage? I've got a fairly decent squad and I'm pretty much underpaying everyone. Although it helps that I have players like Zaha, Scannell and Williams on long term contracts paying not a huge amount in wages. Like Zaha is already a good premiership striker and I'm paying him ?400k a year.

Here are my salary costs though.

Etherington - ?1.5m pa
Guarin - ?1m pa
Albelda - ?850k pa
Hobbs - ?725k pa
Gardner - ?625k pa
Clyne - ?600k pa
Parr - ?575k pa
Murray - ?525k pa
Dikgacoi - ?425k pa
McCarthy - ?425k pa
Ambrose - ?425k pa
Speroni - ?425k pa
Zaha - ?400k pa
Jedinak - ?350k pa
Scannell - ?300k pa
Williams - ?250k pa
Pedroza - ?210k pa
Montoya - ?180k pa (I find this pretty funny how I got him so cheap) Although then again, he just injured our skipper in training)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
End of First Division Opening Stage Update (For lack of better name for it)

3rd October: Nizhniy Novgorod 1 - 0 Luch

It was a pretty even match, we played slightly better and the scoreline reflected the performance of both sides. Kalonas finally showed what he was capable with a nice strike from 20 yards, dribbling the ball before making a tiny bit of space for himself and his shot curled into the bottom corner.

6th October: Nizhniy Novgorod 1 - 0 Yenisey

Fraga finally got off the mark with the only goal of the game. We dominated the match and if we had hit the target a few more times, we probably would have won by more.

14th October: Torpedo Moscow 4 - 2 Nizhniy Novgorod

Pretty disappointing defeat. A match we should have been winning, despite being away from home. Khazov scored a hattrick for them, capping his performance off in the 85th minute to seal the game after Rzhevskiy and Salugin's second half goals gave us a shot at snatching a point.

17th October: Khimki 2 - 0 Nizhniy Novgorod

Disappointing performance and paid the price. Didn't really expect much from this match against a much better opposition.

24th October: Nizhniy Novgorod 3 - 1 Baltika

I decided to try a new tactic hoping to bring the best out of our players and we really outclassed our opponents, and a 9 man Baltika really had no chance. We relaxed in the second half though and let Baltika score a late consolation goal but it proved to be no more than that.

27th October: Fakel 1 - 3 Nizhniy Novgorod

Well we played well but against the bottom placed team, it was expected from our team to perform like that. Set pieces were our main weapon in this game though, Mikuckis scoring a double, his first goals for the club, after Kalonas again showed his ability with a long range goal in off the post.

4th November: Nizhniy Novgorod 1 - 0 Chernomorets

Well we probably should have won by more but a comfortable victory in a game we never looked like losing. Dvornekovic opened the scoring with a nice strike right on the stroke of half-time. Kazantsev had the chance to seal the game but missed a penalty. The win ensured a championship group place though.

7th November: Sibir 4 - 2 Nizhniy Novgorod

I didn't like our chances in this game, even a manager-less Sibir seemed too much for our side. We played pretty well though but Akimov was just too good for us in the first half scoring 2 goals and setting up the others as went into the break 3-0 down. Kazantsev and Kudryashov gave us a shout at winning but Akimov's 71st minute goal to seal his hattrick ruined any hopes of a great comeback, meaning we would finish 8th.

With not really any chance of promotion, finances declining quickly and having to wait another 3 months before the championship group started, I didn't feel it was worth to go on, and so I decided to resign from the club.

Think I'll be avoiding Russia for a while though :p

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Hmm, I don't know whether there's any point in continuing this. You know you're in trouble when you're rejected by two teams fighting to avoid relegation in the Blue Square North....

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well just as I was about to give up on this save and to start again, I finally landed a job with Northern Irish side, Dundela.

Currently 6th in the Second Division, hoping for some improvements towards the end of the season. 4 points separate 2nd and 7th though with 8 games remaining so still an outside chance of promotion. We are predicted to finish first.

We don't have an assistant manager though so I'll need to find myself one, or promote my first team coach.

----------

I might just update my progress on this save in the Pentagon Challenge thread despite not really having any intentions of winning all 5 comps anytime soon :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
hmm, bit annoyed. Didn't get any youth recruitment this season. Found that pretty disappointing but whatever.

This club seems to be way too good for this division. Just released 11 players to cut our wage bill to a fair bit under our limit. Unfortunately our finances need to go through a bit of work to get back into the blue.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
WTF...

Conaghan just runs the whole field pretty much, rounds the keeper then crosses the ball back for Breen who scores. Conaghan didn't even get the assist for it... the guy who passed it to him from inside our own half got the assist...

Bevab

Staff Member
Haha, that sounds like some odd bug..

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well just scored one of my more amusing goals on FM... Down 2-0 to Chelsea, Cech was under no pressure, but decides to boot it into the back of Terry's head as he tried to get it upfield, and the ball goes back towards the goal, and Zaha raced Cech to the ball, and as the ball reached the line, both challenged for the ball and Zaha booted it in the back of the net :p

Was a goal out of literally nothing :p

Users who are viewing this thread