Football Transfers Thread

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Here's something that's been bothering me.
Why on earth are Chelski prepared to pay ?81m for Shevechenko but not ?11m for Owen?
Owen would be great for the Russian side; he's a proven goal-scorer who'll flourish on the service he'll get. They've been failing abysmally all summer in their bid to land a top striker for ridiculous amounts of money and suddenly Owen is available for far less than they've been offering.
WTF is going on?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
?81M is an insane amount of money to pay for a player, they can't possibly see that as a sound investment. Having said that Chelsea is about headlines and that will certainly get them a few.

themuel1

International Coach
I thought Abramovich was an astute business man....guess not lol.
?20 million is a stupid amount for a player let alone ?81 million. He would get more headlines if he did somthing good with the money-i.e. made hospitals in Africa

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think football should take a leaf out of cricket's book. In County Cricket, only two overseas players are allowed to play, or even be signed at that. Football should have a similar rule, say four overseas players. That would make the English leagues more English.

Plus, paying ?81,000,000 for a player is ridiculous. I think there should be wage caps and transfer caps. How about just ?2000 for a player? Isn't that enough?

I am disgraced by the state of football in England at the moment. It needs to be fixed, and fast.

Oh, and Norwich City have signed Dean Marney on a season-long loan from Tottenham Hotspur.

themuel1

International Coach
SkateBoarder2 said:
I think football should take a leaf out of cricket's book. In County Cricket, only two overseas players are allowed to play, or even be signed at that. Football should have a similar rule, say four overseas players. That would make the English leagues more English.

Plus, paying ?81,000,000 for a player is ridiculous. I think there should be wage caps and transfer caps. How about just ?2000 for a player? Isn't that enough?

I am disgraced by the state of football in England at the moment. It needs to be fixed, and fast.

Oh, and Norwich City have signed Dean Marney on a season-long loan from Tottenham Hotspur.

Good signing

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
SkateBoarder2 said:
As I said ?81M is insane but clubs can make a lot of money thru marketing a player, take David Beckham and Real Madrid. Madrid made more money out of Beckham in under a month than they paid for him. The only way to cap transfers would be as a percentage of turnover from the club.

kalyan

Club Cricketer
sachin said:
Well,commit suicide then.Or go and get tapes of previous seasons(preferably the year before last).

lol...

sachin said:

Yep, Arsenal doesnt count as a English club....its more of a French club... :))

With Bapista coming in for Real Madrid, i would say Owen will be more on the bench then compared to last season.

:)

themuel1

International Coach
kalyan said:
lol...

Yep, Arsenal doesnt count as a English club....its more of a French club... :))

With Bapista coming in for Real Madrid, i would say Owen will be more on the bench then compared to last season.

:)

Hope Manchester United buy Owen.

jonah

International Coach
The only football transfer, contract news worth talking about this summer; the leading English goalscorer in the world last season stays at the Palace.
A breath of fresh air after all these prima-donas moving here and there, and holding on for an extra ?20k a week before renewing contracts.
Top man :clap !

Attachments

• aj.jpg
    aj.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 24

sachin

International Coach
That dudes got a lot of courage,you have to admir him.
Owen is having dialogue with 3 or 4 premier league clubs,i will be interested to see who he goes too.

sachin

International Coach
Wenger ruled out making a bid for Owen,as they already have a enough qaulity strikers.

Phil Neville,signs with Everton.

Phil Neville signs five year contract at Everton.
And Henry will stay as long as Arsenal want him,which is great news for all those Arsenal supporters out there!

Users who are viewing this thread