Football Transfers Thread

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Modric will defo be United's for the taking, should Chelsea prevail at Munich on Saturday.

Heinze nearly moved to Liverpool I think.

Yeah, only for Fergie to literally block the move from materializing at the death.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really like the idea of Javi Martinez at Utd, although it is highly unlikely. He's a mix between a playmaker and a terrier in midfield which ticks both boxes for Utd's needs.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
With Fletcher as well, Javi Martinez could play at CB when (not really an if as if he's been injured this long he's bound to have a few niggles) Vidic gets injured again.

Fletcher and Vidic though, after so long out don't expect them to work wonders immediately.

Javi Martinez is perfect, I've said that for a long time, he is the best young player in his position I'd say with M'Vila possibly in the world, the only difference being that Martinez is more tested at the higher level with the Spanish league being much tougher than the French.

Forget about Kagawa, bring in Modric and Javi Martinez and that is a sensational midfield.

Though I really don't agree that Modric is worth 40 m+. Not even close. If someone like Fabregas gets 35 m, Modric should surely get 30-35 m max, even if he whores himself out. However, it's United and big transfer fees are common for them.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I think people are being way too optimistic that Fletcher will ever come back, its not a recoverable condition and I highly doubt that he's going to be able to continue his career.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Owen leaving United. I saw his last competitive match for them waaay back in November.

I think he'll go to Tottenham with Defoe being allowed to leave, a very loose like for like.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Owen was like a rewind of Diego forlan. Too classy for the bench, but scored the timely goals all prayed for.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Knew the Montolivo to Milan move was going to happen from last summer itself when Ricky was entering his final year of his contract. Still doesn't change the fact that its another great piece of business from Galliani and Co.

A good replacement for Nesta now and I would say watch out for Milan next season.

War

Chairman of Selectors
United getting Modric basically depends on whether Chelsea win the C League and knocks Spurs out of a C League spot.

If they don't get him, i reckon Cabaye would be the best replacement.

United also need a proper right-back and Gregory van der Wiel seems an good choice for this role.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think people are being way too optimistic that Fletcher will ever come back, its not a recoverable condition and I highly doubt that he's going to be able to continue his career.

I hope you're wrong; it would be a terrible shame for him - he's only 28 - in the prime of his career.

Seems that City are looking at quite a few strikers. I really don't understand why! All the strikers they're looking at are huge names and won't be happy parked on the bench, which is exactly where they will be if Tevez/Aguero both start. Then they've got Dzeko who is a very useful player and of course, who knows what's going on with Balotelli. ;)

JBlues08

Club Captain
Time to raid Villareal.

Wouldn't mind Diego Lopez (we need a number 2, to push Szczesny, could even start), Nilmar or Giuseppe Rossi at Arsenal. Nilmar looked likely to leave anyway, he'll be gone very soon, will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Not sure about Nilmar. He has had injury problems a bit but has gone off the boil this season and has failed to recapture his form from last campaign.

On Rossi, it is a risk with him, even if he comes in cheap. He picked up the ACL injury last year, then suffered another one just when he was about to return recently. We have already seen what that injury has done to Essien & hoping it won't be the case here again. Think if he's gonna move, it will be next summer when he returns around Feb and getting a chance to, hopefully, get back to his form prior to the injury.

----------

United getting Modric basically depends on whether Chelsea win the C League and knocks Spurs out of a C League spot.

If they don't get him, i reckon Cabaye would be the best replacement.

United also need a proper right-back and Gregory van der Wiel seems an good choice for this role.

Van der Wiel is like another Bosingwa defensively. And if Fergie is gonna get a new RB, it'll probably be Debuchy from Lille.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I hate to be a negative sounding voice here, but a good mate had Fletcher's condition and although not a professional footballer, he has never been the same. Of course he doesn't have Fletcher's starting fitness, but he also didn't have to envisage reaching the level of top premiership player once he recovered (still a bit dodgy really).

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I hate to be a negative sounding voice here, but a good mate had Fletcher's condition and although not a professional footballer, he has never been the same. Of course he doesn't have Fletcher's starting fitness, but he also didn't have to envisage reaching the level of top premiership player once he recovered (still a bit dodgy really).

i'm like 99% certain fletcher doesn't actually have that condition at all.

He has HIV and this is just a cover.

I mean he looks and sounds like an extra in trainspotting. it's obvious.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, apart from 'type-casting' him according to his look, I don't see how you reached that conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread