Football Transfers Thread

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
m_vaughan said:
Well if Ramon Calderon wins the presidential elections at Real Madrid, then Cesc Fabregas will make a ?7M move from Arsenal to the Spanish capital.

They'll have to spend more than that.

Arsenal paid ?8 Million for him iirc.

sachin

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
Even when they arent doing well, they are still in contention for 2nd and 3rd place. I mean, this past season was one of the most disappointing ones ever for Real Madrid, yet they finish in the top four.

Besides all teams go through such patches. Milan and Barcelona, two of Europe's elite clubs, were struggling to even qualify for the Champions League, not so long ago.
But look at the players they have!Christ they should never play that poorly. :eek:

God i really hate Madrid,and i really hate the fact the good players actually want to go to a Farce of a club,society that does not focus on football but lavish lifestyles!Surely Cesc would rather play with Henry than Ronaldo:D

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Hey now - this is the transfer thread. Bash La Liga/Real somewhere else (where all the other ignorant EPL fans are).

Anyways, here's what Calderon says about the potential Kaka trasfer:
CALDER?N: ?IF I DO NOT WIN I WILL SAY TO THE WINNER HOW TO BRING IN KAK?.?
So it appears as if the Kaka move is more than a rumor.

Madrid also says that they have 80-100 million euros in the war-chest to spend on player transfers.

Sureshot

Executive member
You just know that Real will only bring in attack minded players. When the only thing holding them defensively is the best goalkeeper in the world.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot said:
You just know that Real will only bring in attack minded players. When the only thing holding them defensively is the best goalkeeper in the world.
I agree with your point. Buts thats how it is at Madrid. We've won three European crowns with an ordinary defence. Brazil are the best team in the world despite never having quality defenders.

But a quick check at the Realmadrid.es website will show you that we have more defenders in the squad than midfielders or attackers.

Ritwik

co-founder
edgarisapimp said:
Madrid also says that they have 80-100 million euros in the war-chest to spend on player transfers.

It has to be said that they've a brilliant marketing machine to have made so much cash since last year. Didn't they sell off their training ground last year since they were out of cash ?

sachin said:
But look at the players they have!Christ they should never play that poorly.

God i really hate Madrid,and i really hate the fact the good players actually want to go to a Farce of a club,society that does not focus on football but lavish lifestyles!Surely Cesc would rather play with Henry than Ronaldo

Yeah I suppose he would rather play with someone who's never done well for their country, rather than the highest WC scorer in history.

sachin

International Coach
edgarisapimp said:
Hey now - this is the transfer thread. Bash La Liga/Real somewhere else (where all the other ignorant EPL fans are).

Anyways, here's what Calderon says about the potential Kaka trasfer:
CALDER?N: ?IF I DO NOT WIN I WILL SAY TO THE WINNER HOW TO BRING IN KAK?.?
So it appears as if the Kaka move is more than a rumor.

I was actually commenting on Cesc's supposed Transfer.

Ritwik said:
It has to be said that they've a brilliant marketing machine to have made so much cash since last year. Didn't they sell off their training ground last year since they were out of cash ?

Yeah I suppose he would rather play with someone who's never done well for their country, rather than the highest WC scorer in history.
Yeah i'm sure he'd rather play ata farce of a club with an overrated do nothing all season.He's seen Henry and i'm sure he won't see any better anyhere.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
I was actually commenting on Cesc's supposed Transfer.

Yeah i'm sure he'd rather play ata farce of a club with an overrated do nothing all season.He's seen Henry and i'm sure he won't see any better anyhere.
But going off-track as usual.

Anyways coming back to transfers. Real Madrid presidential candidate Arturo Baldasano says he has the commitment of England boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Baldasano has earmarked Arsenal pair Cesc Fabregas and Jose Antonio Reyes as targets.

He also expressed interest in Wayne Rooney, but stressed that no approach would be made unless the new manager and his support staff - headed by sporting director Vicente del Bosque - identify the Manchester United and England frontman as a suitable signing.

Should he not be able to land Sven, many predict Vicente del Bosque might get a second shot.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
Should he not be able to land Sven, many predict Vicente del Bosque might get a second shot.
Lord knows he deserves it.

I have a feeling that these elections will do the club a lot of good. Once elected, nobody will want to reneg on their promises. If Madrid can land a solid, dependable attacking midfielder (to replace Zizou - if that's even possible :D) and perhaps a lock-down central defender, I don't see why Madrid can't thrash Arsenal and their beloved Henry ;) (calm down you all, it was just a joke :D). I expect at least one trophy from Madrid this year - Copa del Rey at least!

Sureshot

Executive member
m_vaughan said:
I agree with your point. Buts thats how it is at Madrid. We've won three European crowns with an ordinary defence. Brazil are the best team in the world despite never having quality defenders.

But a quick check at the Realmadrid.es website will show you that we have more defenders in the squad than midfielders or attackers.

You're not including Roberto Carlos and Cicinho in that I hope :D

They're more attacking minded than most midfielders in the squad.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Once again, this is the transfers thread. Keep to transfer talk please or it gets closed.

Sol Campbell is said to be on the verge of signing a ?50,000 a week deal at Portsmouth

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
But we're discussing the possible transfer targets of Real Madrid, or is that over the line as well?

sachin

International Coach
Kev said:
Once again, this is the transfers thread. Keep to transfer talk please or it gets closed.

Sol Campbell is said to be on the verge of signing a ?50,000 a week deal at Portsmouth
Portsmouth :eek: We have plenty of replacements but that would be...well i'd prefer if he stayed...More english players in the squad!!!!!!!!!! :cheesy
On the Zokora matter;I think Tottenham have a made a great signing.He was very impressive and i can see him doing well.

sid_19840

International Coach
Latest Rumours as the World Cup nears completion.

C.Ronaldo->Madrid (Seems likely after the England Portugal game)
Carrick->ManU
Maxi Rodriguez->Liverpool
Salcido->Arsenal
Hargreaves->One of the big clubs in England

Users who are viewing this thread