Football Websites

The BBC has a right to be biased. I just said they were biased, thats it. Although I dont see the point of them asking viewers to choose between International version and UK version when there is hardly any difference between the two.

The BBC has a right to be biased. I just said they were biased, thats it. Although I dont see the point of them asking viewers to choose between International version and UK version when there is hardly any difference between the two.
You get that choice on every single BBC news page, its not just the football.

BBC NEWS | Help | Serving different audiences

The way you posted it made it out to be a negative thing that it's biased and the natural way to take your post is that other sites are less biased to their home audience which quite frankly is wrong. Sure there are commercial sites that are maybe not aimed at one market, but seeing as the BBC is a public service paid for by the people of Britain and for those people, I'd say it has more right to be biased than any other site when in actual fact it is usually less biased than most sites. The fact that you get the option for an international version at all is something that you don't see elsewhere. And seeing as I'm paying for that and i don't require it, you can call yourself lucky that you get it :p

Kev, I understand what you are saying. The initial question was to asking for a site that is similar to cricinfo but for football. I dint think BBC was the right answer (Neither is AS).

The thing with football is that it's domestic following is generally greater than the international following whereas cricket is the other way around (these days). So you are unlikely to find one "catch-all" site.

Indeed it would, but as most fans are really only interested in their domestic league there isn't really much call for it, especially commercially. You could argue that cricinfo covers domestic leagues and yes it does, and it does that quite well, but I'm under no illusion that it only does that as a by-product because Test cricket is so popular.

Yes but it would be still nice to have something similar to Statsguru.

I'm no expert, but it occurs to me that statictics aren't as numerous or as useful in football as they are in cricket. I suspect a quick google search would reveal caps or goals - might be more tricky to find home/away comparisons or against specific opponents - but I can't think of anything else you'd want.

I'm no expert, but it occurs to me that statictics aren't as numerous or as useful in football as they are in cricket. I suspect a quick google search would reveal caps or goals - might be more tricky to find home/away comparisons or against specific opponents - but I can't think of anything else you'd want.
You also don't see many fans going to a football match with a folder of scorecards and a copy of playfair!

yeah just go on bbc sport it will tell you news about every sport even football

Users who are viewing this thread