ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Can't wait!

Signed, depressed QPR fan whose chances of Premier League in the next five years would be massively boosted by six vacancies

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A team can only have limited number of players
And they’ll snap up the best young talent for any holes in their squads, imo.
Can't wait!

Signed, depressed QPR fan whose chances of Premier League in the next five years would be massively boosted by six vacancies
I doubt you’ll get your wish, to be honest. I think UEFA/FIFA will cave in and allow the 15/16 clubs automatic qualification to the Champions League (perhaps an expanded version of it), and they’ll remain part of domestic leagues.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I doubt you’ll get your wish, to be honest. I think UEFA/FIFA will cave in and allow the 15/16 clubs automatic qualification to the Champions League (perhaps an expanded version of it), and they’ll remain part of domestic leagues.
I doubt they'll want to. Two fixtures a week would absolutely kill a squad

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I doubt they'll want to. Two fixtures a week would absolutely kill a squad
Well, they did state their intentions of staying in the domestic leagues. If they have automatic qualification, they can take it easier on the weekends, right?

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Honestly, I wonder if this is actually a good idea in terms of the football community.

I saw a post from a English football page theorising on what the PL would look like without the big 6. It had 509 comments. Apart from one by a Brentford fan (that said I could be biased) it was 509 comments of people being civil, understanding, respecting each other's opinions and being nice to each other.

For some reason, probably wanting bragging rights, the top six clubs just don't have that attitude from their fans.

Also, if anyone is wishing to start following a club not in the Super League, I'd like to advertise some free positions at Loftus Road...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Honestly, I wonder if this is actually a good idea in terms of the football community.

I saw a post from a English football page theorising on what the PL would look like without the big 6. It had 509 comments. Apart from one by a Brentford fan (that said I could be biased) it was 509 comments of people being civil, understanding, respecting each other's opinions and being nice to each other.

For some reason, probably wanting bragging rights, the top six clubs just don't have that attitude from their fans.

Also, if anyone is wishing to start following a club not in the Super League, I'd like to advertise some free positions at Loftus Road...
English football would be much better off without the fans of those teams. :lol

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
English football would be much better off without the fans of those teams. :lol
it would certainly be much better without the "penaldo", "pessi", "farmers league", "penandes", "loserpool", "VARchester united" etc comments.

I feel very sorry for the fans of those clubs who do have a brain, which is a good percentage of them, but my comments were more about how almost 100% of the people who contribute negatively to football culture follow (bandwagon?) the big clubs.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
it would certainly be much better without the "penaldo", "pessi", "farmers league", "penandes", "loserpool", "VARchester united" etc comments.

I feel very sorry for the fans of those clubs who do have a brain, which is a good percentage of them, but my comments were more about how almost 100% of the people who contribute negatively to football culture follow (bandwagon?) the big clubs.
It's not really about the fans, it's businesses wanting to have all the money and do as little as possible for that. It's for clubs that have won the money game and want more of it. Certainly nothing to do with merit on the field otherwise a team that has won one League Cup in the last 30 years wouldn't be considered a 'big six' team.

I do wonder how likely it is teams will be kicked out. Premier League has apparently said that but I think it might require a vote - where 14 teams have to vote in favour. So that would mean every team would have to vote against the others. I don't know if all owners would be willing to do that considering the short term harm it'd do. Not to mention the lure of one day being graciously offered a place at the trough, even if it's just one season.

Users who are viewing this thread