Future is in T20 leagues - Modi

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This thread brings me some flashbacks with those usernames. Howsie for instance is still going strong on cricketweb (assuming it’s the same guy).

Unbelievable that since Modi‘s IPL we’ve had no other league come close to to this level of success and the IPL itself has IMO stagnated after his departure, preferring to coast on it’s success slowly with the same principles rather than innovate and make it more mainstream comparable to other sports.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
make it more mainstream comparable to other sports.
I think this is much harder than we expect now. Sure there will be times when a new country goes through a cricket wave but it's very unlikely it will have a lasting effect that will change the general view of public in that country.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If Modi were in the IPL today, you would have seen the league expand to at least 14-16 teams by now. The man had a vision and was unfortunately sidelined by the BCCI.

I also found the idea of a Champions League very exciting. Sad, they shelved it later on. Once Modi was kicked out, the Srinivasan led BCCI tried to get as many as 5 teams into the CL T20- That, I believe was the stagnation point for many,including me. I do hope, we see some format of the CLT20 in the near future. It was an exciting tournament with some great match ups around the world. Perhaps, the ICC could take up the initiative and do what FIFA does with its Club World Cups.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
If Modi were in the IPL today, you would have seen the league expand to at least 14-16 teams by now. The man had a vision and was unfortunately sidelined by the BCCI.

I also found the idea of a Champions League very exciting. Sad, they shelved it later on. Once Modi was kicked out, the Srinivasan led BCCI tried to get as many as 5 teams into the CL T20- That, I believe was the stagnation point for many,including me. I do hope, we see some format of the CLT20 in the near future. It was an exciting tournament with some great match ups around the world. Perhaps, the ICC could take up the initiative and do what FIFA does with its Club World Cups.
We will have a CL T20 in the future as soon as the Indian owners buy all the international league franchises.

Users who are viewing this thread