Game changers

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
For me the list for the game changers goes as follows-
1.India-Yusuf pathan who could change the game with some quick scoring.
2.Bangladesh-Shakib with his all round skills.
3.Pakistan-Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzak with their powerful hitting.
4.Sri Lanka-Can't name anyone here but Perera would be watchful.
5.West Indies-Pollard for sure.
6.Australia-Watson for he is the most successful player in the side and when he gets going its hard to stop runs coming out from his bat.
7.England-Trott can play a long innings and can pile up some huge amount of runs.
8.New Zeland-Definitely Vettori would be the one as he can bowl out some quick and economical overs and can also contribute a bit with bat.

I think that Pakistan would be the most benefited with their team being highly inexperienced, so you could expect Afridi and Razzak to put up a fight back and change the game in their favor.

I know very little about minnows and thus I haven't included their name in the list.:P

Last edited:

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah definitely it would be Pakistan i want to add umar akmal's name as well yes he is out of form but can change the game with his powerful hitting

And for Bangladesh i think Tamim can also change the game right from the start when bangladesh will be chasing a stiff total expect him to fight back

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Trott may not be a game changer but I feel on the SC pitches he will be very difficult to get out. Pollard is going to flop big time, I feel he just can't motivate himself to play for West Indies now.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
From the sub-continent, you do have a crop of ready game changers including Dhoni, Yuvraj,Pathan, Shakib, Afridi, Razzak, Dilshan,etc. However, I feel tht the real game changers in this WC will be the bowlers.
On SC wickets, you need good bowlers who can break partnerships and that would be vital to their team's success.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
and also after watching yesterday 's game i think it will be very hard to chase under lights here and specially against a quality spin bowl attack so you cant take any target easily

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think containing under lights would be a major issue. Teams not used to the dewy conditions will suffer as their bowlers would not be able to grip the ball. This World Cup has quite a few day-night matches and thus the toss would be important.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I don't think there will be any dew at all after February at least in Bangladesh. I am expecting chasing under lights a bit tougher this time around.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Not so much in Bangladesh, but you ll definitely have dewy conditions in India. The grounds at which the semi-final and final are to be played will be subject to the same.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
So it would be bowlers rather than batsmen who will decide the fate of the game .More like Chawla who changed the game to India's favor yesterday.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Damn I hate dew matches, they are so predictable. Bangalore was 31 degree during the warm up and there was no dew. What is the weather like in Mohali and Mumbai? Is it still cold?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Bangalore at 31 is actually an outlier. It is usually quite pleasant out here. That day was exceedingly hot, I ended up with a sun-burn.

Mohali will be bad-its way up there in the North and expect dew to play an important role.

Mumbai was cold until a few weeks ago. But, by the time the Cup comes, it will be sweltering hot. Or atleast I am assuming it to be.

Back to the topic, from the Associates, I think you can count in on Ryan ten Doeschate and Niall O'Brien. Anyone think of any other names, do post them in here.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
30 degrees?? :eek: Celceius, right?? In February! Whoa, we'd be lucky if it hits -5 over here. Was snowing this morning....what I wouldn't do for a bit of sun right now, and icyman has the nerve to complain about sun-burns :p

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mohali and Delhi would be a lot colder than south. Fog is a certainty

Users who are viewing this thread