Game changers

GreatSixer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
in kiwis team their are more players who can change the game....like Ryder,Guptill
Mainly Because of The Way They Open The Parternership :yes

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
No one like Lance Klusner or Andrew Symonds from previous WC left in the game.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Okay, so to summarise the findings of this thread

1. Hard hitting all-rounders
2. Weather

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Attacking bowlers and attacking bowling will be they key in this world cup. Teams who will look to contain opposition on flat tracks will not be helping their cause one bit.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel Pollard is very similar to Symonds.

Not even by a small whisker.
Pollard is more like a hard-hitting slogger. Symonds was a brilliant batsman in contrast.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Symonds was a class act. I can never forget his 140 odd against us in 2003 WC. Pollard has got a lot of distance to go before he gets anywhere near Symonds.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Not even by a small whisker.
Pollard is more like a hard-hitting slogger. Symonds was a brilliant batsman in contrast.
I didn't mean that in 'playing style', the roles of both for their teams are very similar IMO.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I don't concur to that. Pollard is essentially a lower order T20 finisher. Symonds was of much use in the middle order as well.

Or by 'playing role' you mean 'all rounder'? :facepalm

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Pollard can hardly stay for 20 deliveries.But the deliveries he faces proves rampage to the opposition.
Criticism in early days of a cricketer's career is always there, so I'm not surprised when people post such stuff for Pollard. I personally see Pollard growing as a cricketer in the future, much more matured and becoming a batsman like Yuvraj or even Symonds for that matter, a perfect finisher.

Even the likes of Sehwag had to face criticism in the early stages of the career (read this), so this isn't anything new.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Criticism in early days of a cricketer's career is always there, so I'm not surprised when people post such stuff for Pollard. I personally see Pollard growing as a cricketer in the future, much more matured and becoming a batsman like Yuvraj or even Symonds for that matter, a perfect finisher.

Even the likes of Sehwag had to face criticism in the early stages of the career (read this), so this isn't anything new.

But they didn't go gaga over the shorter formats. Pollard is a T20 freak.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Or by 'playing role' you mean 'all rounder'?
Not really. If we look closely, both are probably finishers Pollard is certainly a pure finisher whereas Symonds was a little steady in his approach. Both being all-rounders contribute well to the side and are hard-hitters so certainly have a strong impact on the game. Pure 'Game changers', as the title reads it.

----------

But they didn't go gaga over the shorter formats. Pollard is a T20 freak.
T20 didn't exist then. I'm sure that Sehwag and Afridi would have been very similar (in their early days) to what Pollard is today in the middle order in the T20s. Sehwag begun his career as a middle order batsman and used to get just a few overs to play, in which he used to come in with the strategy being 'Hit out or get out'.

I certainly am a big fan of Pollard and feel that he has miles to go in his cricketing career.

Users who are viewing this thread