Gameplay Videos

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just recorded this... Looking back at this, it shows the keeper moving for the catch once the batting input has been done, before the ball has pitched... Was wondering if that could be why the keeper gets almost everything upto 2nd-3rd slip as it would already be halfway there before it reaches the bat? It was going straight to 2nd slip even 4th slip had it covered too! :) Just wondered if it had been noticed by others and if it could be a potential change later on so the slips get a chance to catch some :)

One, very, very interesting thing I observed in the video is that the wicketkeeper started moving to his left even before the batsman had hit the ball. It was like he *knew* the ball was going to be edged. Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

angad

Chairman of Consent
One, very, very interesting thing I observed in the video is that the wicketkeeper started moving to his left even before the batsman had hit the ball. It was like he *knew* the ball was going to be edged. Hmmm.

Am glad Dridge118 didnt mention it in his post :p

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
tbf, in real life lots of keepers will move one way when they pick up the line of the ball... what would be suspicious was if the ball was going off-side and the keeper moves to leg before an inside-edge... this one wasn't suspicious, just slightly frustrating that superman at keeper robbed us of a rare slips catch.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
tbf, in real life lots of keepers will move one way when they pick up the line of the ball... what would be suspicious was if the ball was going off-side and the keeper moves to leg before an inside-edge... this one wasn't suspicious, just slightly frustrating that superman at keeper robbed us of a rare slips catch.

Yeah I agree yesterday as well Dhoni used his legs when Jadeja bowled a ball wide assuming that the batsman would cut but he did not do so...:)

fanirama

Club Captain
Some more videos

And very unusual running by AI - maybe showing that the running between wickets isn't an assured/scripted thing? It appears that both batsmen have independent worker threads calculating randomly their running? In past games, AI would just run as a unit...

Unfortunately because of the cap color being the same and camera angle, I didn't realize both batsmen were at the same crease till it was too late...

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I'm struggling to find some human vs computer test gameplay. It all seems to be career mode or 2020s.

tysonbennett

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360