Gas Test Match Thread (Stat Increase Experiment)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England (Me) Vs South Africa (AI)

Hard
Full HUD
Action Cam

I am going to bump SA top 7 batsmen up to 100 for most attributes excluding slogging. Slogging is not to be encouraged. Lets see what i can restrict them to.

Edit, ok I've just realised i can't edit Aus ability levels. So ill play South Africa instead.

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I raised the top 5/6 SA batsmen timing, judgement and placement to 100. Slightly reduced strength and running speed.

Well, early indications are good. Chances have been at a premium. In fact, there have been two catching chances, and i snaffled them both.

Other than that, a handful of play and misses, and two edge chances that did not carry.

I really bowled well, hence the good economy rates. Excuse Broad, i bowled a few no balls with him and 1 of them went for 6.

Another good point, maybe from my attribute changes i have noticed less slogging. Spinners are on for a session now, Swann picked up a wicket in his first over as usual. Will see how it goes.

Attachments

• PICT0041.JPG
    PICT0041.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 130
  • PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 76
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 64

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It works i did it from the start!

Just some people dont seem to listen mate lol!

Hows it going now?

On a bad pitch they average around 250-300 with me and on good 350-550.

D

Dutch

Gas, all you did was bump up the batting stats to max? Can we also bump up the fielding attributes to make AI fielders more competitive?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Gas, all you did was bump up the batting stats to max? Can we also bump up the fielding attributes to make AI fielders more competitive?

You have to decrease some stats to improve others. I decreased batsmen running speed and strength and didnt notice any ill effects.

D

Dutch

You have to decrease some stats to improve others. I decreased batsmen running speed and strength and didnt notice any ill effects.

Ah of course it is a trade in rather than unlimited editing. I suppose it isn't possible to have an editor on a PS3?

This experiment is interesting, Ive experienced similar results where I adjusted SA's batting stats playing a test against the Windies, and they made 420. Bowled a crap load of no balls though, and the run rate was around 5 runs an over.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'm surprised there haven't been more post on this or Wealeys thread as I'm finding it makes a huge difference to the game. I also bumped up SA batting stats and got abolutely hammered. They scored 627 in the first innings( in my defence it was only the third game i had played and on hard)!! I replied with 336 (simulated), followed on and amassed 562( simmed also). Before bowling the final innings, I played an untouched Australia and bowled them out for 270 and 264 respectively, during which I learned a couple of thing's which improved my bowling and amount of no-balls dramatically. Went back to the SA game which they won due to a great Smith knock (160 not out) but i took 4 wickets and dropped a couple of catches.
The AI still slogs especially when settled i have found, and cutters appear to do more damage than swinging the ball which could have been due to the conditions.
I'm thinking of lowering placement stats next to see if this gives more variation as to where shots go. Has anyone else played around with this at all? If so has there been any noticeable difference??

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm surprised there haven't been more post on this or Wealeys thread as I'm finding it makes a huge difference to the game. I also bumped up SA batting stats and got abolutely hammered. They scored 627 in the first innings( in my defence it was only the third game i had played and on hard)!! I replied with 336 (simulated), followed on and amassed 562( simmed also). Before bowling the final innings, I played an untouched Australia and bowled them out for 270 and 264 respectively, during which I learned a couple of thing's which improved my bowling and amount of no-balls dramatically. Went back to the SA game which they won due to a great Smith knock (160 not out) but i took 4 wickets and dropped a couple of catches.
The AI still slogs especially when settled i have found, and cutters appear to do more damage than swinging the ball which could have been due to the conditions.
I'm thinking of lowering placement stats next to see if this gives more variation as to where shots go. Has anyone else played around with this at all? If so has there been any noticeable difference??

Does make a huge difference and the pitch plays a huge role. My scores so far with edited AI are:

Pakistan: 452. 316. 301 and then 660-2 dec lol!!!
India: 675-6 dec and 346
South Africa 435

Glad people are experiencing same results!!

roonsta53

School Cricketer
I have put SA's top order's stats of judgement and timing to near 100 and its made a big difference. I am currently in a test as Eng where i simmed 1st innings and made 248 and then bowled out SA for 385 and now I am 300/4 so i hav a lead of 160 with plenty of time left so it looks as if this is going to be a very close game...

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors

How did this work out for you?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
It's a bit early to say as I've not had a lot of available time to play it and although improving all the time don't think I have mastered bowling yet. So far I think it does make a difference in that the AI appears to hit less boundaries and more balls seem get stopped by the fielders, but only time will tell I guess. I'm trying to find a balance of the AI batting for more than 3 sessions while maintaining a reasonable run-rate.
At the moment with timing and judgement increased by a great deal I am finding that I can contain the AI at around 3 an over for the first 10 to 15 overs but after that it quickly goes up to 4.5 to 5 and only drops once into the tail. This is why I have decided to lower placement and also strength for a few batsmen, while increasing catching as the AI spills far too many.
But as I have mentioned the high run-rates could also be due to my bowling and not plugging gaps in the field due to not being able to set fields for an individual bowler without having to set them each change of over.
I am interested in hearing your thoughts and ideas on attempting to achieve this balance and how you are currently finding the gameplay

Redrose95

School Cricketer
I have found this has completely revolutionised the game for me, i mainly play in test matches, and its great to now be able to actually play in days 4 and 5 !

Users who are viewing this thread