Gas's Review Of BLIC 07

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok the game just arrived, ill go off to play a game, maybe start a world cup with england. Ill be back with my review later + screenies.

Whoops, forgot the screenshot lol. :p

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Amber Leafs any good? :p

Nice to see you have it post screens of teams that arnt in the demo btw ;)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Punk Sk8r! said:
Amber Leafs any good? :p

Nice to see you have it post screens of teams that arnt in the demo btw ;)

Yea amber leaf rocks, with menthol filters and liquorice rizla.

Anyway the game has installed, time to get down to some action.

See you in hell.............

etho11

International Cricketer
hahaha you lucky bast**d

I hope you take pride in my misery. lol

Have fun and cant wait for the Review.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Update.

No extra graphic options apart from an ingame graphics level.
Low medium or high.

Warm up games as part of the world cup if you want them.

First game playing Bermuda, first ball Strauss out lbw to kevin hurdle. Lets just say they bowl faster than in the demo on test level. lol :eek:

Infact this is the toughest first over i ever played, so far ive been hit in the groin, neck and helmet. All from a 78mph bowler lol. :p

Last edited:

etho11

International Cricketer
The_gas said:
Update.

Low medium or high.

First game playing Bermuda, first ball Strauss out lbw to kevin hurdle. Lets just say they bowl faster than in the demo lol :eek:

Gone first ball welcome to BLC07.

Tonkertoy

Club Captain
The_gas said:
Update.

Low medium or high.

First game playing Bermuda, first ball Strauss out lbw to kevin hurdle. Lets just say they bowl faster than in the demo lol :eek:

lol thats great.

i knew i should of preordered it i have to wait till tomoz anyways keep us updated!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
No ill be using my logitech rumblepad. :rolleyes:

Update: Getting used to batting now. Its all comming back currently 89/3 after 18 overs.

Cpu bowled their opening bowlers for 8 overs each before changing to Laverock. Who does look abit like he does in real life, but not as fat.

Infact, i think the player faces arent to bad. Some of englands are pretty good.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
How do i play the two sweep shots using the logitech rumblepad?

paschendale

School Cricketer
Gaszilla my man, by playing with the graphic options are you able to tell whether the demo was on low, medium or high? The demo was choppy, so I hope I can run the full game on low with decent fps.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Not sure, maybe it was on medium or high. Mine looks the same as it did on the demo pretty much.

Dont worry, figured out how to play the sweep shot now.

Not very impressed with the ai field placing, not one player outside the circle from overs 20/25. Maybe its because i was 4 down, but the runs were racking up.

Review.

Really excited when i saw the royal mail van outside the house, as i knew exactly what it would be.

Installed the game, no probs. Loaded it up, the news menus are bright, but nothing special. Infact it may take you a while to figure out where things are at first. Same menu music as in the advert.

Not much in terms of graphic options apart from a low, medium and high setting.

Same audo settings as last year except now we can setup 5.1's.

Decided to go straight to a world cup warm up game with england aggainst bermuda on test level.

The player faces where you pick your individul players are pretty good. I picked my side from the list of players available (only about 15) and started the game.

The coin toss is pretty much exactly the same as the 2005 version but form a different angle, i also dont remember a pitch report although i may have missed it im not sure on that one.

Commentary, also seems much the same as the 2005 version, with a few new bits of commentary as welll as stuff from last years version.

The game plays and feels just like the demo, i have noticed a few more cut scenes that i didnt see in the demo but apart from that everything seems similar.

Batting.

Always has been fun, and it remains the same in this version, albeit with more shots and animations. There are now sweep shots as we all know, and also some new backfoot shots to various parts of the ground that werent in last years game. It took me a good few overs to adjust to the extra speed the bowlers get on test level. So far the fastest i have faced has been a ball of 83mph, but the reaction time is short. So id imagine facing a real quickie will be much the same as last years version, which is good.

It is however, still to easy to score for my liking. I havent played the best team i know, but it still seems its either 4, 6 or nothing in this game. You will only run 2 & 3 's generally if you mishit a shot, you edge a shot, or you play a shot to early or to late. This isnt helped by the fact that fielders dont dive to stop the ball when they could easily save some runs. The ai field placement is poor aswell, no fielders outside the ring from overs 20-30? What is that all about, this is bermuda for christs sake. I hope, this does not happen often because this will ruin odi's for me. I started racking up so many runs i got bored after i reached 300 odd from 30+ overs so decided to auto play the rest and finished on 334 all out.

Bowling & Fielding review to come.

Users who are viewing this thread