General Questions Thread

Eggman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Neither will have a predictable effect, form is random so playing well or not playing won't make the slightest difference.

Its not completely random and the best way to get form up is to let them bat/bowl. Or give them a net.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Its not completely random and the best way to get form up is to let them bat/bowl. Or give them a net.

I've been under the impression that it was, according to a news article that was posted. I disagree that playing actually helps, over the past two seasons I've had a bolwer crippled by bad form - one was constantly abysmal, last season it was around feeble - no matter how they played the form wouldn't change until the off-season and things got better.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'm pretty sure if you don't play your players they drop in form. Most of my 2nd 11 players are comp form or below. And when I was in my bot filled league I noticed my batters not getting a bat dipped in form. But yea the performances doesn't seem to do anything to form.

And if you need proof. Fernades in OD has 12 wickets at 10 and FC 18 wickets at 7. Yet his form is feeble.

Eggman

School Cricketer
I've been under the impression that it was, according to a news article that was posted. I disagree that playing actually helps, over the past two seasons I've had a bolwer crippled by bad form - one was constantly abysmal, last season it was around feeble - no matter how they played the form wouldn't change until the off-season and things got better.
Yeah, i had a bowler who was the same, i didn't really bowl him, just in FC in short spells...took a whole season to get from Feeble to comp.
I'm pretty sure if you don't play your players they drop in form. Most of my 2nd 11 players are comp form or below. And when I was in my bot filled league I noticed my batters not getting a bat dipped in form. But yea the performances doesn't seem to do anything to form.
Yeah, pretty much.

Performances should have some affect.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Is a 17 year old pull like this worth keeping and training?

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Jakester1288 added 4 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Have transfer listed him.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Battrick Leagues

Hey guys, I apologize if I have missed this in any threads before this one.

I have just started up Battrick again, and am a tad rusty on a few things! The one I wanted to ask, was about the leagues. I can't think for the life of me what everything means!

This is what I've started out with:
First Class League: #4 in VII.22
One Day League: #1 in V.88
BT20: #11 in VI.79

I can understand that in my FC League, I am in Div.7. In my OD League I'm in Div.5, and in my BT20 League, Div.6. But, What do the numbers after the decimal point mean? Is it just a splint between the Divisions? As obviously not everyone can be in the same league! Is that right?

My final question, is about the Grades. How do I tell which Grade I'm in? And also, does your Grade affect whether you have to play a play-off in order for promotion or not?

Again, I apologize if these questions have cropped up anywhere else, which undoubtedly they probably have somewhere! Your help is great. Its annoying really, because I knew all of this stuff before!!

:cheers

covlad-99 added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Ah, I've discovered the Grade I'm in! I'm 111th in Grade 5, to be expected. And I'm above the cut, so I won't have to participate in a play-off. I really should look harder before posting, sorry!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
The main thing I have noticed, since starting over, is how expensive players are now! You used to be able to purchase a good Competent Mediocre Mediocre for really cheap, but now, those sorts of players are going for ?30-60k!

The best way to go now, I think, is definitely the Youth system, as I've already Pulled 2 more than useful youths in which I'm training, and tomorrow I shall use some of my new ITS to try to pull even better ones.
My last question is, does the age you choose affect the possible outcome of the skills of your player?
Thanks!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
The only difference when you pull older players is that you can allocate more ITS than a 17 year old. So for a 17 y/o the most ITS you can use is 35 but for a 20 y/o, I think it is 45.

Users who are viewing this thread