Global Warming - Man-made or not ?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I studied this subject for GCSE's, so it wasnt a lot and i only really got an over-view of the whole reasons. Obviously there are those who say Global warming is a natural occurance, polar ice caps melted many years ago at this rate and its only people making things out of proportion tha is the problem. Others follow more conventional ideas that we are the ones doing it, and thinking the signs are increased temperatures etc.

Now myself i believe in the later, were the ones doing this. If you look now at the UK, Winter has changed rapidly into a spring and the temperatures have shot up, only this morning walking to the college bus i was think it was warm.

Either way, CO2 emmisions need to be cut down, but people also forget about hugh chunks of the rainforest going missing every day, now that does not help anything.

Sureshot

Executive member
Or that there are too many cows!

I agree whether you believe in global warming being cause by CO2 or not we should cut them down as it's not good for us. Although the governments figures of reducing CO2 emmisions by 60% is utterly hilarious and stupid, then a few days later they plan to upgrade trident, hmmm.

I can see motorsport being banned in some countries because of this.

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Personally i dont not completely believe in the enhanced global warming. Firstly if you look at the figures for how the concentration of CO2 has increased it has actaully only increased since 1750 by rouhgly 100ppm which means for every 1 particle of CO2 there are 999,999 other particles of gases, evdiently its not a huge increase.

I do belive that the idea of global wamring has been hijacked by politicians and this has influenced the extent to which the idea has taken of. Firtsly the recent IPCC report which explained how human actions are defiantly the reason for the warming of the planet, you will notice that most of the scientist which make up the group recieve yearly grants from governemnts and are often employed by them aswell. Therefore if these scientist idenfied no existance for enhanced global warming they would recieve no funding and therefore it makes you wonder whether they are manipulating the data to show evidence for global warming.

Remember theres the saying, "Theres lies and theres statistics."

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think Global Warming exists. Just that the media has blown it wayy out of proportion.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I watched this programme when it was on. It was nice to hear another side to the argument. It was suprising to hear that volcano's, the sea etc cause this gas more than humans. Puts things into perspective. During the economic boom atfer the war, levels of this gas actually dropped untill the late 70's early 80's. This during a time when loads of cars etc were all being made. Its pretty obvious that climate change is natural, as its been happening for many years. And whilst this gas may not be good, if its being produced in mass by volcano's, then it cant be all bad. Volcano's arent man made afterall.

kodos

International Coach
Volcano's do emit large amount of SO2 (sulfur dioxide) and about 2/3 of S02 are naturally made. I agree with gas, global warming is naturally made, I read in some article that periods before now where temp. were above average global temps. Yes the emission of CO2 is bad but I don't see it being the only reason why global warming is existing.

symonds_sixes

Club Cricketer
kodos said:
Volcano's do emit large amount of SO2 (sulfur dioxide) and about 2/3 of S02 are naturally made. I agree with gas, global warming is naturally made, I read in some article that periods before now where temp. were above average global temps. Yes the emission of CO2 is bad but I don't see it being the only reason why global warming is existing.
Exactly, and as said in the documentary the only reason why people keep agreeing that it's man made is because of funds and their personally funding towards "research" etc, there are thousands of jobs in global warming.

Cowburn199

International Coach
I think Global Warming is overrated. Sure it exists but not to the extent people say.

themuel1

International Coach
Global warming definatley exists, however, were still coming out of the last ice age. I think, we contribute but a tiny amount and its mostly a natural occurance.

player786

Club Cricketer
tjh1989 said:
Personally i dont not completely believe in the enhanced global warming. Firstly if you look at the figures for how the concentration of CO2 has increased it has actaully only increased since 1750 by rouhgly 100ppm which means for every 1 particle of CO2 there are 999,999 other particles of gases, evdiently its not a huge increase.

thats the thing, thats all it takes to change climate, if the earths temp just increases my 1 degree then u see the effects of it

Users who are viewing this thread