Goodbye and Hello!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a quick wondering about those going out such as Kev, Cant something be done so they have accessability to the mod forums they had access to? They could be in a retired catagory and give there views on certain things, i know Kev's view in particular is well worth a listen, and if he can be any use in the backroom of PC, then why not give those like him the chance to have an input?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a quick wondering about those going out such as Kev, Cant something be done so they have accessability to the mod forums they had access to? They could be in a retired catagory and give there views on certain things, i know Kev's view in particular is well worth a listen, and if he can be any use in the backroom of PC, then why not give those like him the chance to have an input?

An excellent thought Simbo :clap

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

We've done that in the past but usually mods prefer to make a clean break.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
We've done that in the past but usually mods prefer to make a clean break.

Thats fair enough, Those retired old men (And women, maybe) will just have to be like us regular folk :p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
What a bad couple of months for PC...
Lost Duff and now lost Kev, what else could go wrong?

Its not a bad few months, just a bit of change, which can be quite healthy. We have Kiwi1st up there in the admin team, and i know hes a cracking guy and will strive to do whatever he feels capable of doing to the forums to make it a thriving community like the older days of PC.

I think the new Globies are a welcoming move, especially Nightprowler, who i know is a very good mod, and will keep a tight check on the forums and have a decent laugh with us. The changes that have happen hasnt made the forum look bad, Duff's leaving was regretable, but im sure good things will come out of it.

The admin team is now strenthened by the arrival of Kiwi1st, and the two outgoing Admins were good for there time :) So no, it isnt going wrong, its changing for the better!

EDIT; If Kiwi1st reads this, Dont ban me please lol! We all know your a Kiwi who supports the enemy ;)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I disagree with most, I agree nightprowler being a globie and all of the promotions were good but losing the two best mods (imo) can never be a change for the better. If Kev ever decides to come back I think he should be offered his globie position back straight away.
Duff may not continue work with TAOC because of leaving PC, which is NOT a good move because he was going to be a commentator.

Oh well, time to move on into a bad period for PC.
No good cricket games, our best members going, strict rules (well, only enforced so strictly by one mod, he knows who he is and so does everyone but I wont name names :spy).
The only places worth visiting are the TAOC, general chat, graphics, comp & tech, never ending and football sections.

Well you're entitled to your opinion but no-ones making you stay here.
The idea of the reshuffle is to bring in some new talent to the global mods and also to the staff. Obviously our next step will be to approach people we think can make the site even better. Changing personnel from time to time is a natural part of any site's development and whilst we'll certainly miss Kev and he leaves a big void I'm confident we can fill it.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I disagree with most, I agree nightprowler being a globie and all of the promotions were good but losing the two best mods (imo) can never be a change for the better. If Kev ever decides to come back I think he should be offered his globie position back straight away.
Duff may not continue work with TAOC because of leaving PC, which is NOT a good move because he was going to be a commentator.

Oh well, time to move on into a bad period for PC.
No good cricket games, our best members going, strict rules (well, only enforced so strictly by one mod, he knows who he is and so does everyone but I wont name names :spy).
The only places worth visiting are the TAOC, general chat, graphics, comp & tech, never ending and football sections.

Your giving a very narrow minded view, especially talking about that certain Mod, who we all know who it is, and i can say, without him, this forum would be in a bad period, with him the forums are tightly monitored AND the mods have promised after the crisis saga to give some differnt ways, and its been extremely evidant they have slacked off, i say hands together for the Mods.

The cricket game failure has affected the forums YES, but its not major, use "hardcores," who would be here, EA and Codie or not EA and Codies, know that its more than cricket, its a community, i know a lot about a good section of this forum, its the joy of coming on and enjoying it, and the Mods help out keep it fun, and not stupid, or arguementative such as some members come for!

Kev isnt leaving, just stepping down from the Green, which he feels as he cannot contribute on a forum which has more a "teenage feel," and i think a large majority of Pre-2006 christmas know the forums have gone to spam piles, which i would love to leave, as its a major point of the Superthread closure.

Duff will keep his word and commentate on the game, i know this because he the kind of guy not to let you down on a promise, so dont worry about that.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Wherever a door slams shut, a window opens elsewhere. That's a proverb that's very much into the context here. Sure a talented mod like Kev has stepped down but what's to say someone like a Manee, a Sureshot or a Puddleduck couldn't fill the void?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Well you're entitled to your opinion but no-ones making you stay here.
The idea of the reshuffle is to bring in some new talent to the global mods and also to the staff. Obviously our next step will be to approach people we think can make the site even better. Changing personnel from time to time is a natural part of any site's development and whilst we'll certainly miss Kev and he leaves a big void I'm confident we can fill it.

Exactly, Kev was a big part and im sure it'll take more than one "rookie," moderator who im sure will be joining the ranks some time soon as im sure there next for promotion.

The forums need change to make it fun, to bring a differnt look at it, the forums arnt on the drop, there on the change, which i'd say is on the up as its obvious the Admins care about it!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think you should ban the bad members and encourage good ones to stay (I regard myself as a good member now, I wasn't about 2 years ago).

Well under that policy you wouldn't have lasted two years. :rolleyes:
We always have and always will give members the chance to improve. I can think of several examples of members who could have been banned for their behaviour but were given a chance and went on to become excellent members and even staff members.
With regard to the lack of cricket games I can tell you that this is the busiest PC has ever been between games. In the past CC, GC etc all died when the gaming sections weren't busy. That doesn't suggest widespread disatisfaction and scores of members leaving to me.
If you have constructive criticism then it's always welcome but going round moaning about how the forum is going downhill doesn't make me regard you as a 'good' member I'm afraid. Sort your attitude out, show some respect for the fact this forum is here and the staff are freely giving their time to run it, and PM me or other admins with helpful suggestions rather than mouthing out.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
You can't just go around banning people left right and centre though Rob, what sort of reputation would that give PC?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah I agree.

I wish I would stop getting in moods and making silly posts, makes me look really stupid.

Just had a chat with Colin about PC in general and my comments and everything is alright now between us and I have been so wrong.

Sorry all especially Colin and Andrew.

My posts will be deleted.

I would describe it as a prison camp online :p

Madman has just completed our normalisation of attitudes programme and ready for release back into society ;)

Users who are viewing this thread