Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
They way F1 has changed since the early ninties is truly amazing. First off we had the 4 cylinder 1,6 & 1,8l turbos, the other choices were V8, V10 and V12. Then they said, stop, now everyone must use a 3,0l V10. The new rule changes are all in "the best interest" of the sport, to try and close the gap between whoever and Minardi, in other words to try and level the playing feilds. hmmm forgot what I still wanted to say.....

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The best way to allow the lower teams to compete is to keep the regulations the same, eventually the likes of minardi will close the gap, every time the regulations change the larger teams with more engineers and a bigger budget will profit as the lower teams do not have the resources in R&D. The FIA document on the 2008 regs says the new regulations should stop the teams from spending ???, but it won't they will simply spend the money in other areas.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
FIA, "New regs that will save money for teams like Minardi." Most people will believe that, but what they dont realize is that it takes money to change your car to those rules. Btw. I heard that BMW has bought major shares into Sauber, and will be running as an independant team as early as 2006.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yes ,BMW will pair up with Sauber in 2006 giving rise to a better sauber team.

Regarding the 2008 rules,have all teams signed the agreement?
Rumours are that most of the teams are planning a seperate Grand Prix of their own.Thats is they wont be linked to theFIA.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
iceman_waugh said:
Yes ,BMW will pair up with Sauber in 2006 giving rise to a better sauber team.

Regarding the 2008 rules,have all teams signed the agreement?
Rumours are that most of the teams are planning a seperate Grand Prix of their own.Thats is they wont be linked to theFIA.
There have been rumors of a breakaway series for ages and a company has been formed but Ferrari have sided with the FIA and I don't see a sucessful series without them. I don't know if the rules have been signed up to but they are available on the FIA website so I suppose so.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
News:
Red Bull Racing has signed the concorde agreement, and will be using Ferrari engines next year.

The 'tug-of-war' for Jenson Button between Williams and BAR migt soon come to an end, Button who last year jumped at the chance to move to the Grove team, doesn't wish to move there for next season because they don't have a works engine. Williams and BAR might come to an agreement that Honda will supply Williams engines while Button stays at BAR. David Coulthard, Buttons close friend says that he might be looking towards Ferrari, but the parties have reached a point where information cannot be released.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Result from Germany

Alonso Wins (Again)
Montoya Second (From Last on the Grid!!)
Button A Solid Third.

A real shame for Kimi as reliability problems hit again, He really for me has been the Class driver of the season but just can't have a good weekend for love nor money.

gold639

International Coach
Poor Kimi..never any luck! :(

Great performance by Montoya.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
gold639 said:
Poor Kimi..never any luck! :(

Great performance by Montoya.
Gets worse for Kimi, he will have go go out first in Quali next week at Hungary. The track is only used once a year so he'll be the roadsweeper which will compromise his grid position. Think he still has a chance as the McLaren is easily the best car on the grid.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
noooooooo!!!!
i wanted Kimi to win
and couldnt catch the coverage
still Mclaren got JPM ..good enough...

Anyhow.it looks as if no Renault now have a clear route to the Driver's as well as Constructor's championship..even though there are seven races remaining...

The next one's from Hungaroring in Hungary.
Hope the iceman can make an impact there.

Users who are viewing this thread