Graphics Card Problems Thread : PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. DO NOT START NEW THREADS

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
tsufi said:
I can't get the game to run on my Intel 945 chipset either What a bummer. The bar loads up to start a game and then everything just crashes.
Try lowering your graphics level from the Options menu, which I think is in the Custom Mode menu. This will enable you to finish the loading in about 15 minutes or under, and crash the game hopefully at the tme of toss or immediately after. That's what has been happening to me for the past 2 hours anyway, with the same graphics card as yours. Well, at least you can go past the loading screen.

tsufi

School Cricketer
I think it was silly to make the game limited to so few graphics cards! :(

ammar

Club Cricketer
II_BiGHitteR_II said:
I emailed Codies to ask if nVidia GeForce 5500 was compatible and the guy said it should work fine.
Not sure why it doesn't work on mine then. :noway :crying

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
I need some help here... I tried installing the game on a laptop.. It has the ATI Radeon 9200 Mobility and the game just starts up and has a black screen and it goes nowhere.. Any way to fix this problem?

Bravo

Club Captain
hey guyz i just got rx550 ati randeon 256 mb card. how is it ?compared to nvidia 6600gt 128 mb??

cnbd_novice

International Coach
afridi720 said:
link not working mate can u plz update it thnx
Sure here you go.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31746
I will quote the solution given by zMario in the above thread:
zMario:"In C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Brian Lara International Cricket 2007\Data\Movies, if you remove the two files sting.wmv, and sting_2006_testaudio.wmv, the game will load."

Last edited:

Bravo

Club Captain
PLZ GUIDE ME... Gefroce 6600GT IS BETTER OR ATI RADEON RX550??

ATI RADEON RX660 WIT 256 RAM........ Gefroce 6600GT WIT 128 RAM
WHICH 1 I SHOULD BUY????

ATI RADEON RX550 WIT 256 RAM........ Gefroce 6600GT WIT 128 RAM
WHICH 1 I SHOULD BUY????

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Bravo said:
hey guyz i just got rx550 ati randeon 256 mb card. how is it ?compared to nvidia 6600gt 128 mb??

rx550 does not appear to be on the supported cards list.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
manee said:
rx550 does not appear to be on the supported cards list.
The Radeon x550, though not on the list, wouldn't be too old to run the game. It should have performance comparable to the listed Radeon 9600. The GeForce 6600 GT was a very reliable and popular card. It would be better.

I know there's a lot of this talk and it's always a fair question. This month's THG graphics card round up might be a good read if you're considering an upgrade. Gauge your price range (THG talk in US$ - US$100 is about UK?50, AU$120, Ind Rs 4300 or Pak Rs 6100... sorry if I missed anyone) and determine whether there's a card available for you that meets your needs. Both PCI-e and AGP cards are reviewed, but keep in mind this is a news article, so some of the more cutting edge items might not be available in your area.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/09/the_best_gaming_video_cards_for_the_money/

manee

Chairman of Selectors
angryangy said:
The Radeon x550, though not on the list, wouldn't be too old to run the game. It should have performance comparable to the listed Radeon 9600. The GeForce 6600 GT was a very reliable and popular card. It would be better.

If its not on the list, sometimes the shaders are always off and it looks weird even if it is up to date or even newer than specified.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
manee said:
If its not on the list, sometimes the shaders are always off and it looks weird even if it is up to date or even newer than specified.
Yeah, I figure that's fair enough, but I'd be inclined to say a disreputable manufacturer is a much more likely cause of instability and bad rendering in any card. This is influenced by the list because something like a Geforce 3 or worse, the Radeon 8500 can't really hope to play the game and doesn't make sense to "support" it.

Users who are viewing this thread