Graphics

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hondeyho said:
Have you set the models to 'Smooth' LM

That could temporarily better the graphics, but they are perfect at the moment so keep it up :D

yeah, they are smoothed where possible...but as mentioned before, smoothing can massively increase the polycount, which is not cool...i could smooth more but then you'd need a super computer to run it ;)

----

Thanks everyone for the replies....seems like the general consensus is to continue with graphics as are, with possible improvement at the end if there is time permitting...

cheers,

LM

Brett_Lee

International Coach
We replied at the same time :p Caus i did another last on the other page. But graphics are fine LM.

PS wen you say super computer wat specs of processers and gfx cards do you reckon?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I think the two most important things as far as graphics are concerned are faces and how they look whilst playing, which is quite far away

SAFC

School Cricketer
To me i'd much rather have better gameplay than top end graphics - they look fine to me as they are. The graphics can always be improved via an update or something like that.

Muhammad Saad

School Cricketer
SAFC said:
To me i'd much rather have better gameplay than top end graphics - they look fine to me as they are. The graphics can always be improved via an update or something like that.
No i dont think that graphics can improve by an update
Beside the graphics are marvellous looking at the current screen shots of England and SA kits the lightining looks marvellous and there is no need to overlook the graphics part keep going on LM
BEST OF LUCK

D

Deleted member 11215

heres my view:
Option 1: dont like the graphics dont use the game
Option 2: Make your own game
Option 3: go out and play cricket with some mates
Option 4: become good and play for your international side as the best allrounder ever

maverick_12210

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
According to me, for any good cricket game to succeed...

The following options have to be present irrespective of Good Graphics or BAd Graphics...

1. Choice.... yes u read it write..choice....Choice to set up a custom field...choice to play a particular shot....choice to bowl a certain delivery at a certain spot..at a certain speed..choice..to edit squads....choice to select from a wide range of stadiums to play a certain match....choice to select Computer's Team's Line-up (EA's Cricket's does not have this feature)

2. Realistic Gameplay..wherein it can be really difficult to chase even a modest target of 200 or 220 on a dry/dusty wicket with the likes of Kumble, Harbhajan Or Warne bowling against you...or it can be good to set up a challenging score like 300 or 320 odd on a batsman's paradise of a wicket...a Game in which the ball really swings & spins as per the weather & pitch conditions..

The above 2 features were promised by the bigwigs at EA Sports & Codies when they were realising their Cricket Sims mainly Cricket 2005 & BLIC 2005, i still remember the tall claims made by Andrew Wilson in his interviews posted in this forum regarding Cricket 2005....but u can see the end result...BLIC 2005 beat Cricket 2005 by a long way despite having mediocre graphics & limited range of shots when compare 2 Cricket 2005..

All i can say is....if you Compare EA's past releases likek Cricket 2000, 2002, 2004 & 2005, i can say that EA has done nothing but CHEATING on serious Cricket Game lovers by offering them Cheap B Grade Games which downgrade their own high standard of games like FIFA & NBA & inturn make the game of Cricket look like a Joker's Simulation!!! despite every year boosting on the new features which r gonna added up....The only thing which is added up is BUGS & POOR AI...

Legend_master...whatever u have created is a great effort & we all here salute U for your magnificient effort to bring out the Greatest Cricket Game Ever..despite limited facilities.....

Go on mate...Your Graphics are too good..if any one complain...let him play EA Cricket 2002 & 2004 & tell him to sue Andrew Wilson & Jeremy Wellard who only make false promises before every release....

Mate we want a game with Realistic Gameplay & Lots of Choice for us inside the game like i mentioned in my 1st para above....

i m sure if you make a game with Realistic AI & wide range of selection in terms of Stadiums, Teams & Gameplay...then TCP will indeed become the Greatest Cricket Game EVER.....

cheers,

-=Maverick_12210=-

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't mind the graphics as they are, but you have to make sure things are the right shape, such as bats and stumps etc. Is they are, the graphics will be pretty good.

raider_64

Club Cricketer
Hey Lm i dont kno much about game developement and graphics. But cant u use the drawinggs ie is the graphics of cricket 2005. bcos u wouldnt have to draw. I opened up files from cricket 2005 and found drawings of players body, bat, and even stadiums........jus a thought.....look into it

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
maverick_12210 said:
According to me, for any good cricket game to succeed...

The following options have to be present irrespective of Good Graphics or BAd Graphics...

1. Choice.... yes u read it write..choice....Choice to set up a custom field...choice to play a particular shot....choice to bowl a certain delivery at a certain spot..at a certain speed..choice..to edit squads....choice to select from a wide range of stadiums to play a certain match....choice to select Computer's Team's Line-up (EA's Cricket's does not have this feature)

2. Realistic Gameplay..wherein it can be really difficult to chase even a modest target of 200 or 220 on a dry/dusty wicket with the likes of Kumble, Harbhajan Or Warne bowling against you...or it can be good to set up a challenging score like 300 or 320 odd on a batsman's paradise of a wicket...a Game in which the ball really swings & spins as per the weather & pitch conditions..

The above 2 features were promised by the bigwigs at EA Sports & Codies when they were realising their Cricket Sims mainly Cricket 2005 & BLIC 2005, i still remember the tall claims made by Andrew Wilson in his interviews posted in this forum regarding Cricket 2005....but u can see the end result...BLIC 2005 beat Cricket 2005 by a long way despite having mediocre graphics & limited range of shots when compare 2 Cricket 2005..

All i can say is....if you Compare EA's past releases likek Cricket 2000, 2002, 2004 & 2005, i can say that EA has done nothing but CHEATING on serious Cricket Game lovers by offering them Cheap B Grade Games which downgrade their own high standard of games like FIFA & NBA & inturn make the game of Cricket look like a Joker's Simulation!!! despite every year boosting on the new features which r gonna added up....The only thing which is added up is BUGS & POOR AI...

Legend_master...whatever u have created is a great effort & we all here salute U for your magnificient effort to bring out the Greatest Cricket Game Ever..despite limited facilities.....

Go on mate...Your Graphics are too good..if any one complain...let him play EA Cricket 2002 & 2004 & tell him to sue Andrew Wilson & Jeremy Wellard who only make false promises before every release....

Mate we want a game with Realistic Gameplay & Lots of Choice for us inside the game like i mentioned in my 1st para above....

i m sure if you make a game with Realistic AI & wide range of selection in terms of Stadiums, Teams & Gameplay...then TCP will indeed become the Greatest Cricket Game EVER.....

cheers,

-=Maverick_12210=-

well said, Maverick, that's a really good post...i agree with this completely

LM

hondeyho

International Cricketer
maverick_12210 said:
Choice to select from a wide range of stadiums to play a certain match.
Wide range of selection in terms of Stadiums.

You shan't be dissapointed :D

Users who are viewing this thread