GTA IV on PC

You don't have to use taxis, but you can hail one, get in, set your destination and then skip the journey and the game takes a few seconds to load and then comes back at the destination you set.

The hand to hand combat system is "ok", no more, it's not majorly different from the older GTA games apart from seperate buttons to punch and kick, a button to dodge/counter and of course the Euphoria physics. One thing that's fairly annoying about it though, is that people seem to go into "fight mode" and this stops the physics engine working on them properly until they die.

You can't run and keep up with cars now (may lead to more "tactical" stealing of cars, such as standing in front of it when it's stopped and pointing a gun at the driver), you can't just run out into the middle of a road either without looking - you will get hit by a car.

There's still a lot to see in Liberty City, it's a very well made City for a game, probably the best structured/most realistic in terms of layout and density of any game, and you can have loads of fun just pushing people off drops/jumping out of moving cars/off building/out of helicopters to see the physics engine in action.

GTA London would be good, I just hope they don't add a realistic amount of traffic if they did make it, it would be quicker to walk around! :D I think the next one may well be a remake of Vice City or San Andreas, which I actually wouldn't mind, especially if it was Vice City (just speculating of course, nothing to base this on).

Well, at least they've sorted out the slow traffic! Maybe someone will figure out a mod to implement that in the other GTA games?

You said it's quite a short game. After you've finished with the missions, is it more or less fun than the other GTA games to just go round Liberty doing your own thing?

Why don't Rockstar implement the combat from 'Bully' (which is also a Rockstar game)??

I suppose it's a question of whether you blast straight through the story, or just go around causing mayhem/accepting side missions for a while then. Would you agree with PC Gamer's 90%+ mark then?

Yeah i'd agree with that score, it's one of the only games nowadays that you can play at your own pace and enjoy in single player, most games now need to be played online to enjoy and are so linear that you can't do things differently.

If you like messing around and doing side-missions then the game could last a fairly long time, but a lot of the side-missions such as the police/paramedic/firefighter missions have gone.

Yeah i was disappointed to see that.

I am driving Roman's cab as a job for now, not making much money though. ;)

Yeah i'd agree with that score, it's one of the only games nowadays that you can play at your own pace and enjoy in single player, most games now need to be played online to enjoy and are so linear that you can't do things differently.

If you like messing around and doing side-missions then the game could last a fairly long time, but a lot of the side-missions such as the police/paramedic/firefighter missions have gone.

Oh, what? I was just beginning to enjoy doing those police missions in the other GTA games! Can you still go play pool and stuff? That pool mini game in SA wasn't too bad!

You can play darts, bowling and pool as mini-games. Darts is incredibly easy (9 darters every game, Niko should pursue a professional darts career...), bowling gets repetitive once you find a way to get strikes and for some reason the pool table is really crap with it not bouncing properly off cushions (and there's only the one table in the game).

The gameplay in the pool mini-game is similar to the one in SA though, it's good fun for a while.

But they've messed up the cushion response then. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', eh? Still, it's not the most important part of the game, thankfully. Just as long as the cushion response in the new World Snooker game (and on my new table) are good...

Yeah i noticed that about the Pool table, i wondered if it was deliberate because the pool table is ripped and in pretty bad condition in certain parts. If not, lets hope its fixed for the patch.

Either way, its a good game, but they really took out some of the best bits of San Andreas, like being able to buy property, and businesses etc.

Last edited:
Yeah i noticed that about the Pool table, i wondered if it was deliberate because the pool table to ripped and in pretty bad condition in certain parts. If not, lets hope its fixed for the patch.

Either way, its a good game, but they really took out some of the best bits of San Andreas, like being able to buy property, and businesses etc.

Bit dumb, if you ask me. What's the point of including a pool game on a deliberately FUBAR table? May as well leave it out altogether.

well the game gets boring once you complete all the missons because there is nothing you can do.
If I was you, I will buy Saints row 2 for PC

well the game gets boring once you complete all the missons because there is nothing you can do.
If I was you, I will buy Saints row 2 for PC

Saints Row 2 a much longer game, with more to do? And has it got a better hand to hand combat system?

Saints Row 2 a much longer game, with more to do? And has it got a better hand to hand combat system?

GTA 4 only got crappy fist fight..and thats the only fight Style you get
but in saints row 2 you can have about 4 fight style and they are

you start with Normal fist fight but you must unlock

Karate
Wrestling
and I don't know the name of the 4th one but it's cool!!

GTA 4 Shooting is good but You only use it for the missons and thats it

GTA 4 only got crappy fist fight..and thats the only fight Style you get
but in saints row 2 you can have about 4 fight style and they are

you start with Normal fist fight but you must unlock

Karate
Wrestling
and I don't know the name of the 4th one but it's cool!!

GTA 4 Shooting is good but You only use it for the missons and thats it

Hmmm! Like the sound of that...

Users who are viewing this thread