Xbox 2 (Xbox 360)

Big_Boss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
vibs89 said:
Damn is hot as hell. Man can't wait ot buy it unless if its $300 or below.

It will get around $300 if it is for $400, if its for $500 then it will get to $400 after 6 months of release date.

Xbox Live Screenshots :cheers

Attachments

• xbox2live1.jpg
    xbox2live1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 65
  • xbox2live2.jpg
    xbox2live2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 66
  • xbox2live3.jpg
    xbox2live3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 63

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
Big_Boss said:
It will get around $300 if it is for $400, if its for $500 then it will get to $400 after 6 months of release date.

Xbox Live Screenshots :cheers
If I'm correct it took a year for X box to come down from 300 to 200.

vibs89

School Cricketer
Well i jus hope its $300 and then when the price reduce then i'll buy it. Till the time i wait when the price drops.

Big_Boss

Club Cricketer
Gates says Xbox 2 will beat Sony

The Xbox will be redesigned
Bill Gates has said that the much-awaited successor to the Xbox gives Microsoft a chance to beat Sony for the first time.
Speaking at a meeting of business journalists, Microsoft's chairman said those working on the console were convinced it can take top position.

He revealed that the new console will be a digital entertainment hub.

It will have improved tools to make multiplayer online gaming more sociable.

Taking on Playstation

Mr Gates hopes Xenon will take on the Playstation

The software menu for the new Xbox - codenamed Xenon - would be similar to that of the company's Media Centre edition of Windows, he told the annual meeting of the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.

"If you're used to that menu, when you use this Xenon you'll see a menu a lot like that that lets you get photos, TV, music and all those different things," he said.

Mr Gates was bullish about how well the Xbox will compete with Sony's Playstation.

"We came out of this round a strong number two," he said.

"Now people are looking at the two companies at a pretty much equal basis," he added.

People closely involved in the development of Xenon were convinced that the Xenon would allow Microsoft to beat Sony, he said.

Gates blog?

Both companies are expected to reveal further details of their next-generation consoles at gaming conference E3, later this month.

Xenon will be officially unveiled on MTV on 12 May, several days before the conference.

Speculation about the Xenon's functions and design has been rife on internet sites.

Some are reporting that the console will be backwards compatible - allowing users to play current Xbox games on it.

Others have speculated that Microsoft may make a nod to Apple-inspired design, with a sleek white box.

Mr Gates was giving no details away at this stage, although he did take the opportunity to take a dig at Apple's forthcoming new operating system, Tiger.

He also revealed that he may join the burgeoning group of bloggers online.

"I keep thinking about when I am going to start doing a blog," he said.

"My rate has proven to be irregular so far. When I turn out at least two a month, they'll put me online."

Tim Grube writes "Gaming Horizon is reporting that the Xbox Live 360 specifications and console specifications have been leaked. Xbox Live on the next generation is said to have two version, a free one and a subscriber one. The Xbox 360 iself will have a DVD-RW, be Wi-Fi Ready, contain 3 USB ports, and have 512 GDDR3 RAM."

Will Xbox 360 beat PS3?

REAL Picture of Xbox 360 and a Controller

Attachments

• xbox-360-conf.jpg
    xbox-360-conf.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 38
  • nextgen_screen010.jpg
    nextgen_screen010.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 39

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
Xbox 360 looks great....i'm now in 2 minds whether to buy xbox360 or PS#3

Big_Boss

Club Cricketer
Xbox 360 Details

Microsoft's Xbox 360 will go on sale later this year.

After months of teases, hints and leaks, Microsoft has finally --officially -- unveiled its next generation video game machine.

The Xbox 360 will go on sale during the 2005 holiday season in North America, Europe and Japan, offering high-definition graphics, multimedia functionality and a dramatically different online plan. Despite a rumored November launch date, though, Microsoft declined to give a specific launch date or price -- and added it would not reveal those at next week's E3 video game trade show, either.

The 360 will pack a powerful technological punch, with an advanced IBM Power-PC processor and next generation ATI graphics chip. The machine will once again feature a hard drive for users to store saved games, music and more. This time, the drive will be 20GB (versus the current 8GB drive on the Xbox). It will also be detachable, allowing users to take their data to friends' houses, and upgradable.

The system will support both wired and wireless controllers -- and comes wi-fi ready, allowing users to connect wirelessly to the Internet. (A traditional Ethernet port is also built-in.)

As previously announced, all Xbox 360 games will be formatted for high definition televisions, with a 16:9 widescreen format, 720p or 1080i resolutions and multichannel surround sound. Games will play on standard televisions as well.

While the focus of the Xbox 360 is undeniably games, the system will encompass many multi-media functions as well. The machine will double as a progressive scan DVD player. Users will also be able to rip their CDs directly to the machine's hard drive.

But the real multimedia functionality ties in with the 360's wireless capabilities. The machine will automatically connect and stream digital media -- including video and digital pictures -- stored on any PC running Windows XP.

"I think people want to say it's the Trojan horse or the hub of the home," said J Allard, Microsoft corporate vice president and chief XNA architect. "It's not. Xbox 360 is a digital amplifier. You're not going to put all of your music on 360, you're going to do it on your PC. What I do think is you want to enjoy your music in your home theater and we want to enable that through this device."

The multimedia functions of Xbox 360 can be accessed via the game controller or a remote control, which will be sold separately.

As expected, broadband online connections will play a significant role in the future of Xbox. (Once again, users with dial-up Internet access will not be able to utilize the system's online capabilitites.)

Xbox 360 will offer a multi-tiered system for its Live component. One of those tiers will be free.

Members of the free tier, dubbed Xbox Live Silver, will have access to the system's online community function, allowing them to chat with other players and freely download game demos. They will not be able to play games with others except during occasional 'free preview' opportunities (much like those that cable movie channels sometimes offer).

Xbox Live Gold members will pay an as-yet undetermined annual or monthly fee to play with or against others. Current Xbox Live members, who currently pay $50 per year, will be able to keep their online nicknames.

"If we get half or two-thirds of all the Xbox 360s out there connected to the Internet, that would be a good thing," said Allard.

Microsoft (Research) will also showcase the Xbox 360's personalization features in the weeks following launch. Users can create their own background "skin" for the system interface as well as customize the look of the hardware. Faceplates for the Xbox 360 will be interchangeable, allowing all forms of user customization.

"We'll be showing five or six (faceplates) at E3," said Allard. "We'll have 10 or so at launch. And that number will be in the hundreds within a year or so."

Microsoft has sold 20 million Xboxes since the console's introduction in 2001. The machine has outsold Nintendo's GameCube console and has seen its momentum grow dramatically as it gets more mature. Despite its successes, the Xbox is merely an also-ran when compared to sales of Sony's (Research) PlayStation 2, which launched a year earlier and has sold nearly 87 million units.

By being first to market in the next generation, Microsoft hopes to reverse its market position with Sony and take a leadership role in the industry.

Graphic and System Update

Attachments

• xbox-360-system.jpg
    xbox-360-system.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 22
  • xbox360splash.jpg
    xbox360splash.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Xbox Graphics.jpg
    Xbox Graphics.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 26

fanirama

Club Captain
Screenshots definitely look good. ( Not seen these screenshots anywhere. even on xbox.com or xbox360.com. Wonder if big boss is violating some copyrights or NDA's here. Hope not else Planetcricket is in trouble )
However, given that GT4 could extract photo realistic graphics esp on HD TV's with full 1080i, I'm not that impressed with Xbox 360. Its just caught up with PC graphics possible today.
I'm waiting for PS3 info as well. See what they have as well.

The key is the developers. Its what juice they can extract from the HW that is the key. They've shown that they can with old HW like PS2 ( GT4, God of War etc.) so I'm waiting for the wonders on these modern HW.

Big_Boss

Club Cricketer
Release Date: November 29, 2005

Price: ?399?

"Play.com: Xbox 360 at the price of ?399 pounds, the presumed launch date being November 29 2005. " Although Play.com's tentative listing of the Xbox 360 is based more on conjecture no doubt than industry fact, they've been selling gaming products long enough to take an educated guess, which is why their ?399 price point (nearly $800 US) is likely to have many gamers and commentators worried.

Xbox Games Price: $59.99?

According to video game e-tailer EBgames.com, Microsoft's Xbox 360 games will retail for $59.99, ten to twenty dollars more than standard video game pricing. The retailer lists over 30 Xbox 360 titles with a preliminary launch date of November 1st, all of which hold the $60 price tag.
Final Fantasy XI isn?t coming out in November, but this is a possible sample of what the box design will be. It?s certainly elegant in its simplicity. Nice logo, unobtrusive.

Xbox 360's: Game Cover, Camera, Headset, Memory Unit, Remote

Attachments

• Xbox 360 - 007.jpg
    Xbox 360 - 007.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread