Story Hampshire Hawks Swoop for County Championship Glory! (Cricket Coach)

Nice idea Evertonfan to get in a Cricket Coach story.I like the presentation.Maybe you could put in some pics from the game so that people like us who dont have the game can enjoy it as well. :)

sid_19840 said:
Nice idea Evertonfan to get in a Cricket Coach story.I like the presentation.Maybe you could put in some pics from the game so that people like us who dont have the game can enjoy it as well. :)

I would mate but the screenshots are too big for Image Shack to host. If anyone can provide me with an image resizer then I will gladly post screenshots.

ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Charles Colville: Hello and welcome to highlights of what has been an extraordinary day here at Edgebaton, where 19 wickets have fallen and Hampshire have thrashed Warwickshire by an innings and 149 runs. Hampshire's bowlers were all inspired and runs were hard to come by as Chris Tremlett bossted his England chances by taking 6 wickets in teh first innings as Warwickshire were skittled for 193. Any hopes of a Warwickshire come back in the second innings were thwarted by James Bruce who also claimed a fiver as the Bears were bowled out 143 second time round. All in all, it's been a suberb performance by Hampshire and Matthew Roberts will be delighted with his first match in charge of the team.

minicricketcoach2006071511572928cr0.png

Players of the Day:

christremlett9766td8.jpg

Tremlett: Bowled with fire and fury as he took 8 wickets in the match.

jamesbrucefq4.jpg

Bruce: Five excellent wickets in the second innings.

thorpedy6.jpg

Thorpe: Captained with authority and experience.

Charles Colville: Before we leave we'll show you how teh presentation ceromony went. Here's David Lloyd with the winning captain.

David Lloyd: Thanks Charles, i'm here with Hampshire captain Graham Thorpe; Graham, what did you think of teh lads performance today?

Graham Thorpe: They were fantastic Bumble; they have done me and the new coach proud. The bowlers did well yesterday to get our total up to 484 and they have ripped thorugh Warwickshire twice today. The Hampshire fans couldn't have wished for a better start the season.

David Lloyd: Now a word with the losing captain, Nick Knight; Nick, what did you think of today?

Nick Knight: Well i'm disapointed to be honest; 484 wasn't going to be an easy score to follow, but I expected the lads to do better; the manner in which some of the wickets were given away to today will have to be worked on. Full credit to Thorpey and the Hampshire lads though, they fully deserved their victory.

David Lloyd: Just before we go, we'll have a quick word with man of the match Chris Tremlett; Chris, you bowled well out there today.

Chris Tremlett: Yeah thanks David, today was one of them days were everything just clicked, my good balls took wickets and my bad balls weren't punished. I've just got to keep performing like this so I can bolster my England chances.

David Lloyd: That's it for the presentation, back to you Charles.

Charles Colville: Well that's pretty much it for today, we hope you've enjoyed the game, and we'll see you again next time.

Last edited:
This is a great story, im glad you've found out how to get those pictures from ingame on, it makes it alot better, just an idea ive had from other threads, maybe when the 2020 cup starts, maybe you could do a 20 over caption for Hampshire, like

1st Over 3 sixes by ........ a cracking first over which saw Hampshire make a good start, 20-0

somthing along the lines!

Simbazz said:
This is a great story, im glad you've found out how to get those pictures from ingame on, it makes it alot better, just an idea ive had from other threads, maybe when the 2020 cup starts, maybe you could do a 20 over caption for Hampshire, like

1st Over 3 sixes by ........ a cracking first over which saw Hampshire make a good start, 20-0

somthing along the lines!

Sorry mate, i'm only covering County Championship games!

Next update will be posted tomorrow!

ssn8ni.gif
Breaking News

Shocking news from the Hampshire camp today, as it is reported that former captain Shane Warne has been released from the club with immediate effect.

Apparently, Warne has been sexually harassing new manager Matthew Roberts' wife, Jessica Alba, and the legendary spin bowler has been subsequently been disposed of.

After a great pre-season and opening County Championship, this recent turn of events has left a dark cloud over Hampshire.

Rumours are also circling over the possibility that tear-away fast bowler Brett Lee may be brought in as the remaining overseas player, but nothing can be confirmed as of yet.

61978za3.jpg

Brett Lee: Hampshire bound?

That's all from the Sky Sports cricket office tonight, join us tommorrow as we will bring you more updates from this shocking event.

Warney warney warney, they say lepeords never change thier spots, or sumthing along those lines, haha Jessica Alba, u wish. Im sure warney wishes n all.

Brett Lee, hmmm maybe so, but i reckon Afridi maybe is the way to go

Jessica Alba yummy... I wouldn't mind sitting on her lap and telling her what I want for Christmas :P

Sorry guys, there will be no updates today because I have some history coursework to do, even though there is only one week left in school! I may have some time to update later in the day, but the next update will probably be tomorrow.

The update has something to do with another Australian though...

ssn8ni.gif
Breaking News

Major transfer news just coming in to us here at the Sky Sports' cricket office regarding the Hampshire Hawks, as they have today confirmed that Aussie fast bowler Brett Lee is their new oversease player for the 2006 season.

Following the shocking departure of Shane Warne (or 'Shame Warne' as he is now being called) last night, Hampshire have acted swiftly to fill the gap he left in the team. Some people at todays press conference were bemused as to why a pace bowler was brought in to replace a spinner, but coach Matthew Roberts was happy with his new signing.

"I'm delighted at the signing of Brett, because I believe that he is currently the best fast bowler in world cricket, and he will be a major part in the team this season" stated Roberts, "Many people are wondering why I have brought in Brett instead of a spin bowler, but my reasons for this simple; we have Shaun Udal and Chris Schofield, who I feel are match winning spinners for us."

"I'm delighted to be a part of the Hampshire set-up, and I feel that I am teh right man to take them to glory" issued Brett Lee as he signed a lucrative 3 year contract.

So what can Hampshire fans look to expect from Brett Lee? Well he is 30 years of age, and he already has 211 test wickets for Australia at an average of 31.45, and he also has 237 ODI wickets under his belt at an impressive average of 22.84. He is considerd by many to be the fastest bowler in the world, and he is surley going to be a valuable asset to Hampshire this season, alongside fellow Aussie, Adam Gilchrist.

brettcahill2ty2.jpg

Brett Lee is a popular figure in Australian sport; Here he is chatting to Aussie soccer player, Tim Cahill.

brettfastjv6.jpg

Brett Lee in full flight- A scary sight for all batsmen.

brettmarchingordersoq0.jpg

Brett Lee likes to let a batsman know when he's out.

brettbatsmanep7.jpg

Brett Lee is also a very capable lower order batsmen.

brettbowledmt4.jpg

If Brett Lee finds his form, expect to see more sights like this.

That's all from the Sky Sports cricket office tonight, be sure to tune in tomorrow!

No updates today im afraid! Believe it or not, I still have coursework to do, despite it being the last week of school!!

Users who are viewing this thread