Help for those with nVidia cards suffering from slow performance

Prakash

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys, how good is a GeForce FX 5200 card ?
Iam planning to buy one.
That is about the only card available for the PCI slot i have.
My chipset does not have a PCI-e or AGP slot.

Will this game run on it ?
Seeing that Helpinghand123 is struggling with PCI 5500 ([post]713303[/post]) I wouldn't recommend it for this game. Time for you to upgrade your pc :)

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Hey guys, how good is a GeForce FX 5200 card ?
Iam planning to buy one.
That is about the only card available for the PCI slot i have.
My chipset does not have a PCI-e or AGP slot.

Will this game run on it ?

I wouldnt advise you to waste money on that card.

The Champion

School Cricketer
I have Geforce4 MX 420 Card for my PC Powered @ P4 2.4 GHZ ! My BLIC is virtualy unplayable because of poor frame rates. it takes ages for doing everything. Just saw this thread for some help...... .

I tried to download the drivers from Official NVIDIA web, But I never get Geforce & TNT2 option like you guys do..... All I get is TNT & TNT2, Geforce 256, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, MX Series ETC Stuff !!!! :noway

I did choose 4 Series & XP/2000 and I got a ForceWare Version: 93.71 !!!

ON the other side, I was looking to download Driver version 94.20 from http://www.tweaksrus.com/ (As sugessested by tommymac in this thread) However, I found Foceware 94.20 was missing & its has been replaced by Forceware Ver 101.2 !! While looking I also found XTreme-G 160.02 in that site !!!

Now I have downloaded all three of them ( ForceWare Version: 93.71, Forceware Version 101.2 & XTreme-G Version 160.02) But havent tried any due to confusion !!!! Could you guys please help me which one should I install for my PC ?????

Thanks !!!

Somebody Please Answer Me !!! :hpraise

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have a PCI FX5500 128 MB DDR card now and the game runs very choppily even on the lowest setting.
Maybe someone can help !

nav_911turbo

School Cricketer
Somebody Please Answer Me !!! :hpraise

Hey all , just joined this forum to help a few people out. As i was in the same situation.

you can d/l the drivers at another link here i found
http://www.coldfront.net/nvidia/xtreme-g/xtreme-g_94.20_32bit_released.html

remember to FULLY uninstall your old drivers , do this with any drivers you have installed at the moment.

1. uninstall from my computer
2. use this free too too clear up it in the registry
http://www.guru3d.com/detonator-destroyer/
3. install the 94.20 above. when its installing you may be prompted that the drivers are not digitally signed, don't worry about that they work fine. But remember they are still unreleased. For a reason lol. But i've used them and they work muchhhh better now :).

tip . if you still have jittering problems try setting it to the lowest res and using 2x anti aliasing still looks good.

last resort try over clocking but try everything else first as this is risky.

I have a PCI FX5500 128 MB DDR card now and the game runs very choppily even on the lowest setting.
Maybe someone can help !

Whats your full system specs?

you can try over clocking your pc to get extra performance

to use as a tool to see how well your pc is running the game at , try using this

http://www.fraps.com/

a tool which measures your frames per second in a game.
If you need tips on over clocking your pc let me know. BUT only do this as a last resort as it voids your card's warranty and if done wrong can damage the card. But if you do your research the effects save a few quid than upgrading :) lol.

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
Hey whitehornmatt, how have you got it to run on ur FX5200 ?
I have an FX5500 128 MB PCI and it runs very very choppily indeed on my p.c with all the tweaking from the first page done .

Is a FX5500 better than FX5200 ?

aditya123

National Board President
How did all you guys with s GeForce FX5200 run the game ??
Iam not able to run it on my FX5500 !!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey whitehornmatt, how have you got it to run on ur FX5200 ?
I have an FX5500 128 MB PCI and it runs very very choppily indeed on my p.c with all the tweaking from the first page done .

Is a FX5500 better than FX5200 ?
I said previously:
The problem is probably from the fact it is PCI. My 5200 is AGP, and there is a huge performance increase between AGP and PCI, for example on an older PC I upgraded from having a 8MB PCI card to a 4MB AGP and there was a huge increase in performance even though the card was slower and had less memory. I can't imagine any way to get acceptable performance though a PCI card for games now, no matter how low you set the settings.

haris123

School Cricketer
are these drivers XP Drivers? cos i m running Windows Vista. the game is running smoothly on my FX 5200 but the only problem is the commentators' voice is broken up. can u ppl hear the commentary easily?

aditya123

National Board President
are these drivers XP Drivers? cos i m running Windows Vista. the game is running smoothly on my FX 5200 but the only problem is the commentators' voice is broken up. can u ppl hear the commentary easily?

iam running it on xp

haris123

School Cricketer
fine. right now i m downloading the drivers for Windows Xp as i also have xp and most of the ppl are using XP.

haris123

School Cricketer
aditiya123, i suggest that u search on Google for ur Card drivers or else... u have to buy a new card. I would recommend FX 5200. Both whitehornmatt and me have FX 5200

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I guess a FX 5500 would be better than a FX 5200. His problem is that his card is PCI.

Aditya, if you have the chipset limitation of AGP, highest you can get is a 6600GT i guess, which i think is quite capable of running this game, as Abbh does it and he says that its good. Though i dont know of its AGP performance, the chipset is powerful.

But then again, you'll get the AGP version more expensive than the PCI-E version, and then again when you're blowing up in excess of 5500 bucks, why not to get a new mobo and get a better card in the same price tag ?

haris123

School Cricketer
I guess a FX 5500 would be better than a FX 5200. His problem is that his card is PCI.

Aditya, if you have the chipset limitation of AGP, highest you can get is a 6600GT i guess, which i think is quite capable of running this game, as Abbh does it and he says that its good. Though i dont know of its AGP performance, the chipset is powerful.

But then again, you'll get the AGP version more expensive than the PCI-E version, and then again when you're blowing up in excess of 5500 bucks, why not to get a new mobo and get a better card in the same price tag ?

yeah, a FX 55000 will be better if it is AGP. But also, aditiya, if u use so much money to buy a 6600GT, i think u had better purchase an AGP Card, cos the PCI-E version of 6600GT will run this game but maybe not the future games properly.

With my good old FX5200 which is 2 years old, i have run games having the most low graphics to very high graphics games smoothly like Call of Duty 2 and Farcry smoothly

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread