Help regarding a problem

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi friends
i have my windows xp edition installed and every time i turn on the pc i see "my documents" window appears. I don't know why?
the reason i am asking you guys are if its a virus or something like that?
cuz its pretty funny that i turn on pc and when window loads the first thing i see is "MY documents" appears automaticall.
and would you guys be kind enought to help to preventing this? its annoying that my documents folder opens automatically
thanks

eliminat0r

Club Cricketer
I used to have the same problem on my old pc but i didnt have a virus. What windows did ur computer come with because i started with 2000 and got Xp added also so i think it has something to do with that.

india rock

International Cricketer
you have downloaded somthin that is in my doc and it opens cos u said open when windows start

I THINK :D

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
dont know of a virus that would do this, probably something added to the registry somehow.

langerrox

International Coach
Check Msconfig; Go start run : and type in msconfig then go to the startup Tab, look for anything out of place OR Shut down your PC properly aka Go start shutdown, when there are NO windows/programs open

india rock

International Cricketer
i mean he down loaded somthin and clicked on open when windows start. he saved the game in my docs and thats why it opens

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
yea u r right India rock
i downloaded something in that folder and its a game. i was afraid if its a virus or spyware something.
my pc came with windows xp home edition.
welll thanks guys you guys are all always helpful
special thanks to:
langerrox
India rock
elminator
Kevmead
thanks

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
kevmead or kev, please, there are reports I'm mad but I prefer to ignore them :D

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
o sorry buddy i didn't mean that.
spelling mistake, guy
don't mind buddy now i have fixed it

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
anybody encountered this?

my cd rom's green light is blinking since yesterday when i noticed. i don't think there is a disc when i go to my computer and right click on the desired rom it takes forever and the pop up menu dosn't show up. the green light under cd rom is keep blinking,
what should i do?
thnx

Abhas

Retired Administrator
open the cd drive tray... if it does not open using the button, there is a small hole, with a button. this is for forcefully opening the CD drive... open it using that (by inserting a blunt pin in the hole)...
now check if there is a CD inside the drive...

also make sure in msconfig if you have something starting up, which has a path of the CD drive, if there is, disable it.

hope this will help... if not please let me know... there may be something else i may be able to help with...

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
u r the man Abhas!! u rock buddy. i used a needle to push the thing and Holly smokes there was a cd in there inserted upside down. kids must have pranked with it. anyways thanks a lot man. i really appreciate it.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread