Help - Running C2K5

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a big problem guys, I cant run Cricket 2005 properly even though my PC meets the requirements of the game. The game just gets stuck on the EA Sports logo and wont continue.

My Specs:

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 1.70 Ghz
256MB of RAM

Graphic card: ATI Radeon 9250 (AGP) 128MB RAM

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Yeah I know, but the game should work on these specs. I mean why does it always get stuck on the EA logo?

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Ok, well here's a simple checklist to go through (in order):

1. Re-install the game. If it works, great; if not, move on to step 2.
2. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed all of the Windows updates including the .NET frameworks (up to 1.1) from the Windows Update website.
3.Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers and control panel from ATI. You can get the latest ones for your card here. (33Mb download). Requires that you have the downloads installed from step 2
4. Re-install the game again (making sure you restart the machine before AND after the installation).
5. If none of this works, then uninstall the game completely and defragment your hard disk and re-install one last time. If failure persists, return the game to where you got it.

This advice is very basic but it's the best starting point to finding a solution.

While I think of it, are you using any kind of Virus protection? I use Norton Antivirus and have no problems with any of my games but I know there are Antivirus packages out there which cause people nightmares.

Last edited:

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Thanks a lot Burma I'll try this out. BTW, I am using Norton Anti Virus. But it does not give me any wierd messages like 'Maliciuos script or anything'. And will this ATI update qork for my GFX card, cause mine is pretty old.

Last edited:

kool_doc

School Cricketer
Ok try this
# check ur virus setting .sometimes if u have put ur virus to auto action or file handling ..then it might think that some malicious software is going to run and it stops it...so go to virus settings and rather than autoaction put this option 'ask me what action to take on malicious stuff' or u can try running game after disabing the virus..

# u can try this also''in ur game shortcut on desktop >>> go to the properties of cricket logo >>>in properties click the shortcut on top>>there should be target.>>> ("C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\cricket2005.hta")...change the hta with exe...and than do ok

# than try it should work ...
# i had same prob but took a very long time to figure out all this..

sorry forget tot ellmake sure u have direct X/ c installed..otherwise game wont work properly

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
The game is opening but it does not continue after the EA Sports logo: The logo that comes when you first open the game. I have Direct X 9.0c the final version. Come to think of it, does ATI Radeon 9250 support Direct X fully?

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
UsmanCHADDA said:
The game is opening but it does not continue after the EA Sports logo: The logo that comes when you first open the game. I have Direct X 9.0c the final version. Come to think of it, does ATI Radeon 9250 support Direct X fully?
All modern cards support DirectX. The only differentiation comes in which special features of DirectX your hardware can support (i.e., the latest pixel and vertex shaders). I believe that all of the ATI 9000 series (onwards) as well as the GeForce FX series fully support DirectX 9.0. Anyway this shouldn't be an issue at the starting-up stage as there are no DirectX effects needed for the menus. :p

saurabh2185

International Cricketer
I would say Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 1.70 Ghz is not supported for this game. Does anyone else run this game on Celeron.

M.Di Venuto

Club Cricketer
Yeah I do. but my pc is 2.4 Ghz. I also have more RAM than UsmanCHADDA does. My Cricket runs fine

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
saurabh2185 said:
I would say Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 1.70 Ghz is not supported for this game. Does anyone else run this game on Celeron.
Turbanation is running it on a Celeron 1.7GHz. So I doubt that's the problem.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
A CPU is a CPU, the game said it'll run on a Minimum 700 MHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent CPU, Type of CPU don't mean ****, the reason why everytime you read system specifications it says Pentium III or Equivalent is basically because a PIII is faster than any processor back then. So if you going to use a 700Mhz Celeron it won't run properly as a 700mhz Celeron is like a 500Mhz PIII. So you would need a Celeron 900 or better in my opinion.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Turbanation which gfx card do you have? I doubt it is the RAM though, because a RAM only helps in increasing the load times, speed of the game etc.

P.S. FIFA 06 also doesnt work while I can run Half-Life 2, Doom 3 almost perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread