Hidden gems - Possible features list

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Personal pride and competition is a real motivator... all I had to say to the team was "you know there are these other guys who can do it" and sometime later they came back with some solutions :)

No quarter for the other developer. You seriously want to overshadow others and show your dominance through the game. Were you Caesar in your previous birth?:p

D

Dutch

No quarter for the other developer. You seriously want to overshadow others and show your dominance through the game. Were you Caesar in your previous birth?:p

Well if he was you know what he would have been....the Roman Umpire.....although his career started off well but went down hill after that.....one could say, it was the Rise and Fall of the Roman Umpire

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat

International Coach
Personal pride and competition is a real motivator... all I had to say to the team was "you know there are these other guys who can do it" and sometime later they came back with some solutions :)

While we are at this, could you please further clarify if in custom fields we can have fielders positioned anywhere we like or only at some of the pre-defined positions on the field?

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Gotta respect Ross for being slick with all of this. I know a lot of game companies would be really annoyed if all the features were released like this, but Ross seems fine with it. I guess it helps that we are all ecstatic with what we hear :D

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Gotta respect Ross for being slick with all of this. I know a lot of game companies would be really annoyed if all the features were released like this, but Ross seems fine with it. I guess it helps that we are all ecstatic with what we hear :D

I was actually going through their official forums. I was really surprised with the quality and quantity of posts there. PlanetCricket is way forward and is certainly the most active and best cricket forum I have known.

And about the features, I don't think anyone there even tried to find out something. No sign of these over there.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was actually going through their official forums. I was really surprised with the quality and quantity of posts there. PlanetCricket is way forward and is certainly the most active and best cricket forum I have known.

And about the features, I don't think anyone there even tried to find out something. No sign of these over there.

I tend to spend more time on forums such as Planet Cricket and Big Footy because any company's own forums, including our own, are generally seen by the public as partisan. We lack the freedom of speech that places like Planet Cricket have, frankly speaking, we are constrained by our duty to our publishers and platform holders to ban and delete posts that may be objectionable to them.

You will find the majority of support on our forums is for the RLL2 game as there is no real equivalent place for Rugby League that Cricket has with Planet Cricket. You will also find a lot of Mod posts and support from us on how to mod.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
we are constrained by our duty to our publishers and platform holders to ban and delete posts that may be objectionable to them.
If Cricket goes well, would self-publishing be the path forward for your other sports titles?

And related to that - what do you think about feature parity for PC vs the consoles? Would you ever implement a feature on PC that isn't possible on consoles or do you want to get as close to the same game on all platforms?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
If Cricket goes well, would self-publishing be the path forward for your other sports titles?

And related to that - what do you think about feature parity for PC vs the consoles? Would you ever implement a feature on PC that isn't possible on consoles or do you want to get as close to the same game on all platforms?

We will self publish where it makes sense, we have good relationships with the football codes publishing wise and I can't see that changing at this time, however it is my long term goal to dominate Cricket gaming on all platforms from mobile devices through to Next-Gen (you've got to aim high :D).

It's unlikely that we would add features to the PC that are not available on the Consoles, it's just the financials of PC don't add up right now for niche titles.

umosay

Club Captain
We will self publish where it makes sense, we have good relationships with the football codes publishing wise and I can't see that changing at this time, however it is my long term goal to dominate Cricket gaming on all platforms from mobile devices through to Next-Gen (you've got to aim high :D).
s.

(as long as those publishers are onboard with PC releases in future) :)

savvart

Associate Cricketer
The magic words are - patches...

Patching if needed and required is fundamentally needed by the people that purchase the game so that the product is up to date and fully functioning - don't you agree?

SibiNaayagam

International Coach

Considering this current title matches your expectations, sales wise. How long do you think would it take to match up to the FIFA series?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Considering this current title matches your expectations, sales wise. How long do you think would it take to match up to the FIFA series?

<steps up on soap box>
Maybe, if we are very lucky, we will see a day where the Cricket Boards actually see video games as a marketing vehicle for the sport, actually participate in their production and ensure that their sport is represented with quality games that are equal to those of their competitors.

But that is a dream and the reality is that it will be five generations of product before we would get close, there is 10x the Cricket budget spent annually on FIFA. It is a resource issue. We have decided for now that our budget is best spent on gameplay than licenses.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Good to hear. Gameplay is the crucial element no matter how many bells and whistles (although bells and whistles are nice too!)

umosay

Club Captain
<steps up on soap box>
Maybe, if we are very lucky, we will see a day where the Cricket Boards actually see video games as a marketing vehicle for the sport, actually participate in their production and ensure that their sport is represented with quality games that are equal to those of their competitors.

But that is a dream and the reality is that it will be five generations of product before we would get close, there is 10x the Cricket budget spent annually on FIFA. It is a resource issue. We have decided for now that our budget is best spent on gameplay than licenses.

Just because a game is huge like Fifa doesn't mean it's fun. I found Fifa 12 and 13 a bore, I much preferred the old games like World Cup 2010.

There is also a lot in those games that a lot of people don't care about, like 1 billion teams for example. That's never going to be an issue with cricket. A lot of the leagues share players around the world.

I'm sure Cricket will be more fun than Fifa...

Users who are viewing this thread