Hillsborough anniversary - Justice for the 96.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My point is that I disagree with how i've seen some Liverpool fans act about Munich and I don't see how those fans deserve respect from our fans, if they acknowledged it then I wouldn't be having this arguement now.

Massive generalisation! How can you say with confidence no Liverpool fans respect it?! I for one agree it is a tradegy. I've read about it, I know what caused it, I know what happened and I know who the blame is held on. It was the same as many air crashes, poor piloting and simple stuff overlooked, just a terrible coincidence that the United staff and players happened to be on it.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Massive generalisation! How can you say with confidence no Liverpool fans respect it?! I for one agree it is a tradegy. I've read about it, I know what caused it, I know what happened and I know who the blame is held on. It was the same as many air crashes, poor piloting and simple stuff overlooked, just a terrible coincidence that the United staff and players happened to be on it.
I didn't say no fans respect it, just that i've seen some that have acted terribly towards this and in regards to your previous post, if I hear about something on the news about any sort of disaster I do actually show respect.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, and people act terribly to Hillsborough! Thats the way society is. Doesn't mean you should not care about it just because some sad low life losers act terribly to a disaster involving united.

PhilD123

International Coach
they did.

and the juve fans turned their backs.
Quite rightly, liverpool using the tv publicity to enhance their reputation. The fans generally don't have remorse for Heysel and have tried to deflect responsibility for that onto others. Also, how about this flag from this season's merseyside derby

http://images.gsp.ro/zoom/175632/1060-216698-steaua1986.jpg

You're an everton fan, I'm guessing I don't need to explain the meaning.

However, this is nothing to do with Heysel. They were innocent football fans who more than likely had nothing to do with what happened in Heysel. The police were to blame that day, and the general attitude towards football fans in Thatcher's Britain, also. That could have been any team in that end that day.

I'm not getting into the munich argument, you'd find many fans of both of them calling us it, but it's not the time.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
My point is that I disagree with how i've seen some Liverpool fans act about Munich and I don't see how those fans deserve respect from our fans, if they acknowledged it then I wouldn't be having this arguement now.
How about this - they're human beings who died tragically. And because they support a particular football club, they don't deserve your respect? A moment of silence in their memory?

Any person who can think like that is pathetic. How can what sports team you support get in the way of sympathising with someone who lost their life in a horrific accident?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Hillsborough Disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Hillsborough Disaster was a human crush that occurred on 15 April 1989 at Hillsborough, a football stadium, the home of Sheffield Wednesday F.C. in Sheffield, England, resulting in the deaths of 96 people, all fans of Liverpool F.C. It remains the deadliest stadium-related disaster in British history and one of the worst ever international football accidents.
The result was that an influx of many thousands of fans through a narrow tunnel at the rear of the terrace, and into the two already overcrowded central pens, caused a huge crush at the front of the terrace, where people were being pressed up against the fencing by the weight of the crowd behind them. The people entering were unaware of the problems at the fence; police or stewards would normally have stood at the entrance to the tunnel if the central pens had reached capacity, and would have directed fans to the side pens, but on this occasion they did not, for reasons which have never been fully explained.

For some time, the problem at the front of the pen was not noticed by anybody other than those affected; the attention of most people was absorbed by the match, which had already begun. It was not until 3:06 pm that the referee, Ray Lewis, after being advised by the police, stopped the match several minutes after fans had started climbing the fence to escape the crush. By this time, a small gate in the fencing had been forced open and some fans escaped via this route; others continued to climb over the fencing, and still other fans were pulled to safety by fellow fans in the West Stand directly above the Leppings Lane terrace. Finally the fence broke under pressure of people.

The fans were packed so tightly in the pens that many died standing up of compressive asphyxia. The pitch quickly started to fill with people sweating and gasping for breath and injured by crushing, and with the bodies of the dead. The police, stewards and ambulance service present at the stadium were overwhelmed. Uninjured fans helped as best they could, many attempting CPR and some tearing down advertising hoardings to act as makeshift stretchers
A total of 94 people died on the day, with 766 other fans being injured and around 300 being hospitalised.[11] Four days later, the death toll reached 95 when 14-year-old Lee Nicol died at the hospital from his injuries.[12] The final death toll became 96 in March 1993, when the last victim Tony Bland was disconnected from his life support machine after nearly four years

themuel1

International Coach
I dislike Liverpool immensely. Same as City. Same as Chelsea. We love to hate rival clubs. It makes sport more interesting. But that's all it is. Sport. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

96 people lost their lives.

That small sentence should be enough for us. The fact it was at a football match shouldn't change our feelings towards the tragedy. I mean, we love to hate the French, but when a French airline goes down, we don't think any differently about it just because they are French.

For some people though, it matters which club they support or which country there from as to whether they can feel sympathy for a victim and their families. Even a minutes silence can't be observed anymore because there will be some c-u-n-t-s that feel the need to shout offensive things.

Oh, and just because some fans find it funny to take the piss out of the Munich tragedy doesn't mean I feel I need to "get them back" and take the piss out of a tragedy from there club. If I can use United and Liverpool as an example, I think you'll find that the vast vast vast majority of fans of the two clubs can see past the rivalry and appreciate the loss of both the victims and their families. Those that can't.....well....I feel sorry for them.

Users who are viewing this thread