Hillsborough anniversary - Justice for the 96.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, it's the 15th of April (at least in Australia), which is of course the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster of April 15th 1989, where 96 Liverpool FC fans sadly lost their lives at an FA Cup Semi Final match vs Notts Forrest. The Liverpool end was way overfilled and fans were crushed to death. Others were left in hospital, some in comas.

For those who want to know more about this tragedy:

Hillsborough Disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DONT BUY THE SUN.

Don't Buy The Sun

sun1.jpg

The disgusting lies printed in The Sun
It says:
?The Truth.
Some fans picked pockets of victims
Some fans urinated on the brave cops
Some fans beat up PC giving kiss of life.?

Justice for the 96 <3

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My best mate's Dad was there, in the Forest end. He said the Liverpool fans were disgusting and it is the very reason why he now dispises them.

Let's just hope something like this never happens again.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
All i'm saying on the matter is I don't see any respect from Liverpool fans for Munich, which players and staff lost their lives, so I am indifferent to it, I don't do anything different. I am aware of it and that's it. (I'm expecting to be flamed for this)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
All i'm saying on the matter is I don't see any respect from Liverpool fans for Munich, which players and staff lost their lives, so I am indifferent to it, I don't do anything different. I am aware of it and that's it. (I'm expecting to be flamed for this)

So you're saying if this happened to Arsenal fans for example you'd show respect/care/sympathis etc? That is so tweaking shallow. Get a life and a heart while you're at it. Grow up.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I see your point, but that shouldn't lead to indifference. It doesn't make it any less of a tragedy. Using one to counteract the other in such a way comes perilously close to petty point scoring, and a complete loss perspective. At the last merserside derby some liverpool fans put up a banner with steau bucharesti written on it, an obvious reference to the european cup champions after the heysel disaster. Some idiotic fans taking some sort of pleasure out of referencing heysel should have no bearing on hillsborough, they are unrelated.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Quick to be defending yourself there Matt, and i'm saying if any team aren't willing to show the respect, then I don't see why they deserve it coming back the other way as harsh as that may seem, but if they're not willing to give it, don't be expecting it back.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Would you mind, stop using, so many, commas?

Honestly, anybody who results to ignoring the loss of life because of supporting a rival side is just disgusting. Innocent people have been killed, no matter whether they support Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton or even Burton Albion, it doesn't matter one iota.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
It's made worse though in Liverpool's case as even the Manchester City fans acknowledge the tragedy and their local rivals. Btw i'm not just trying to attack Liverpool, these are just my opinions as a fan of a team who has had a similar event 51 years ago.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
multi-qoute won't work work on my phone so here it goes...

Kieron, because an eye for an eye really solves all of the worlds problems aye. 96 Liverpool fans were killed, many more left in hospital because of poor policing which led to an amazingly overfilled pen of liverpool fans. No one has taken responsibilty and theres been no justice.

Also Kieron, I don't see you going around showing respect to the hundreds that die in air crashes so often.... You can't just pick and choose when to use the ol' eye for an eye.

And ste, didnt the kop put up a tifo saying 'friendship' in italian in 2001 when we played Juv or something like that?

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
The thing is though when February 6th comes along I as a Man Utd fan don't expect the respect off other fans, it is nice to get it, but the way i've seen Liverpool fans act disgusts me and as I said in my first post I am aware of what happened but nothing changes for me to either sympathise or offend anyone. As far as i'm concerned it's a day of memory for Liverpool.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
It's made worse though in Liverpool's case as even the Manchester City fans acknowledge the tragedy and their local rivals. Btw i'm not just trying to attack Liverpool, these are just my opinions as a fan of a team who has had a similar event 51 years ago.

Yeah, and Everton fans acknowledged Hillsborough. What's your point?

Kieron you do realise Hillsborough isn't about football at all. Same with the Munich air vrash and Heysel.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
My point is that I disagree with how i've seen some Liverpool fans act about Munich and I don't see how those fans deserve respect from our fans, if they acknowledged it then I wouldn't be having this arguement now.

Users who are viewing this thread