How about controlling the length through RS where as line through face buttons?

FollowOn

Club Captain
Its more important to get length right rather line and it will be great if they give us alternate controls for line and length , also the timing of the jump can have an impact on line and if you are timing is off the line can be off by either side. Also the length can be control by the use of RS that is if you push the RS just at neutral position , it will be short pitch delivery and the more you press it towards forward it will be fuller and interruption in timing of RS will have an impact on length as well as line, Also fully pressing the RS forward will result in a full toss and to bowl yorker you have to be very precise , it will be great fun I think , what you guys say?

Last edited:

FollowOn

Club Captain
It will great as I finding the controls to get line right is a bit cumbersome and its nearly impossible for me to bowl in swinging good length delivery on stump.

FollowOn

Club Captain
And the four face button will control the initially planned line that is Y for bowling on middle stump , X for bowling on just outside off stump (4th stump i-e) , A for bowling a bit outside off and B for bowling well outside off.

Strong1

Club Cricketer
What to do when batsman steps out and we want to bowl short at last moment ?
is there any way we can do this in this game?

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@FollowOn Nope.

The system should be more like 14 where a late release means the ball pitches shorter, earlier for fuller.

In 17 we have to wait for a 'perfect' release.

I think the game manual does mention that early / late release will impact the length. If it's not working, I think this may be a bug that they perhaps need to work on.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bowling in DBC 14 was the best ever bowling experience in a cricket game by far and I was very surprised that the system did not make a return in DBC 17. Bowling was great in DBC 14 the only problem was we didn't many edges and stuff, @francobaldo1 the mad genius got it going for us PC folk and it gave a fantastic experience.

FollowOn

Club Captain
How do you bowl those bloody inswinger at good length starting from outside off and finishing middle stump???

Fryzigg

Club Captain
I think the game manual does mention that early / late release will impact the length. If it's not working, I think this may be a bug that they perhaps need to work on.
you're right it does.
Mc1S76P.png

Also noticed the manual doesn't talk about gameplay modifiers which could've helped elaborate on which each means and which way you need to put them

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bowling in DBC 14 was the best ever bowling experience in a cricket game by far and I was very surprised that the system did not make a return in DBC 17. Bowling was great in DBC 14 the only problem was we didn't many edges and stuff, @francobaldo1 the mad genius got it going for us PC folk and it gave a fantastic experience.

It was the best control system, but until Franco came along the overall experience was dispiriting and borderline poor. No new ball as a weapon, no AI edges, no pitch variation.

In 17 all of those things are there and the result is a much better experience I'm total, even if the control element is slightly less satisfying.

Comparing DBC14 plus hack vs DBC17 ootb is disingenuous.

A dbc14 control of length plus the extras dbc17 has given with the edges etc. would be holy grail territory. Sadly even Franco didn't really give us the same feeling of pitch variation and new ball as 17 gives.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes, controlling length of the delivery using Right Stick would be great instead of using face buttons but IMO the face button mechanism was introduced to support showing the length indicator earlier to avoid pre-meditation. If the length is controlled solely by the Right Stick it would be difficult to show the length indicator earlier so there are the following two options available...

1. Use Right Stick to control length a la DBC 14 but don't have ability to see the length indicator earlier resulting in pre-meditation.
2. Use face buttons to control the length along with R1 & L1 but have the ability to view length indicator early so as to avoid pre-meditation.

I don't know about you guys but I would take option 2 any day over option 1. Pre-meditation was one of the main pain points in DBC 14 and if face button controlled length of the delivery can solve the issue in DBC 17, I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread