How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

supratim

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
doing too bad with zimbabwe in icc2012...........:( specially in bowling.........

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Downloaded the full version of ICC2005 tonight and got a few centuries and 5fors already. Made the highest individual score so far with Gilly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ICC2005.png
    ICC2005.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 164

Fenil

I am getting hold of the game now. Won all the formats of the game for back to back county seasons with the Lancs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lancs2008.png
    Lancs2008.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 144

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I skipped the first few seasons because originally I was just going to see how long it took to get some decent regens, and I think in that time we won one Test against Aussie by two wickets and no ODIs, but I decided to play the WC and see how good we were.

We started off with a loss to Pakistan, but came back to beat the UAE and the knocked WI out of their own WC and qualify for the Super 8s. And then all of a sudden we just couldn't lose, in one match we chased down over 300 against SA, and the only match in the Super 8s we ended up losing was against Bangladesh of all teams.

Zim2007WCSuper8_zps4f7f3c9e.png

We then got revenge on Pakistan in the semis, tbh pretty easily in the end, so we'd won 8 of our last 9 games against top teams. We only ended up chansing a bit over 200 in the final against India, but as it turns out we couldn't repeat our Super 8 win over them, and lost by like 10 runs.

Zim2007WCFinals_zps44380e39.png

I'm up to 2010 now I think, and I've started playing every game. Most of the time we draw Test series' 1-1, and win the ODI series' 2-1. I've only had one decent regen though, and most players are aging, so if we don't get any over the next couple of seasons things aren't going to be looking too good.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
In October 2010:

Zim5thODIOct2010_zps95943901.png

And because of that look at these Groups of Death for the 2011 World Cup:

GroupsofDeath2011WC_zps6ed9d56d.png

Fenil

Started a career with the RSA team in ICC2005. Playing just ODIs. I'm doing extremely well in batting but haven't got a hold of bowlers.

Just posted my best opening partnership ever in the game. Have a look.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 408.png
    408.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 117

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I'm back playing ICC2006, simply because I think it's the best game they made. However, I am now a bit miffed. I'm in the second season, just after the world cup and looking forward to having my strongest side available. I picked a Sri Lanka spinner who's never played Internationals, so had him for the start of the season during the World Cup. However, start of June and he's gone on International duty. I thought, fair enough, he's a good player, but I didn't think Sri Lanka were playing in England that year. Turns out, they just have a home series at the start of August. Two full months seems a bit extreme to call him up before hand. :D

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok i have a question. I am playing ICC3 on my PSP - how do you break partnerships? When I'm owling at the AI it would always seem that a couple of early wicket falls and then somehow they manage a really big partnership out of the blue... until decleration, on most occastion.

I have tried everything literally. Changing field setting, diffrent line and length etc nothings working.

Gee Whatawanka

School Cricketer
Well I've found my old copy of ICC 2002 on another computer and brought it over to my current PC. I've loaded up my favourite save of all time, that of Zimbabwe.

We are in the 2014-15 season, just having lost to Sri Lanka 2-1 but won the ODI series 3-2. Hamilton Masakadza is a run machine at this level...from his puny amount of Tests (57) he is the leading run scorer with 5818 and 17 centuries and 25 half centuries. He is only 31 at this stage so he has a few more years of profligate run scoring. He loves the English, scoring 700 plus in a 4-0 whitewash to Zimbabwe and from memory he has three doubles against them. Unfortunately I don't have the old fixtures (didn't save them but wrote them down somewhere).

Mark Vermeulen is the captain and after three or so years of mediocre performances, he turned it around. He averaged 34 from his first 50 odd innings. From the next 45 he averaged nearly 50. He is 35 and has shown a decline in skills so it may be his last season. Handy offspinner as well.

Due to the poor representation in the game of Zimbabwean players (how many players are of playing age and don't have a club???) players to come through are thin on the ground. Only two of the regular players chosen are under 30 and one of them has been inconsistent, so after a period of not quite domination but good performances it will be an interesting time.

Bowling wise its led by Ian Engelbrecht who is a spinning guru. From 51 Tests he has 333 wickets. Unfortunately he is now 34, though still performing well. Has three times come close to claiming 50 wickets in a season despite limited matches. Averages 18 with the ball in ODI's. At least on the bowling front the current generation seems a bit better with Nathan Byrne, a 22 year old and T Clapton who is 20. Zimbabwe have got some good service from a medium trundler, Clayton Fuller (I often make up the first names in absence of them). Our leading paceman in the post Heath Streak era is Nicolaus Yau, who was once one of the worst players ever to play Test cricket with an average over 100 before he came good and now averages 38 from 23 Tests (66 wickets).

We are currently ranked 3rd in the Tests and ODI's. Masakadza is ranked 2nd in the Tests behind some South African plodder and Vermeulen is ranked 6th. Its interesting looking at the averages of some of these players and currently Zimbabwe has seven who average over 40. The Windies have one, one for Sri Lanka (who has played just four Tests...nobody else averages over 30), none for RSA, Pakistan, New Zealand (who have the worst averages I've ever seen in this game haha), India (Sehwag and Baji are still plodding along), England and one for Australia. It does make for sorry reading.

Bowling wise its massively different, as if its basically a game weighted towards the bowlers. The leading wicket taker currently is Baji with 692 wickets at 20.09, with Danish Kaneria behind at 502 at 19.47, a trundler called Kashif Raza with 433 at 20.43, Justin Kemp of RSA with 433 at 23.98, Ashish Nehra of India with 386 at 24.58, Richard Dyke for Australia with 376 at 22.82 and Mohammed Sami of Pakistan with 370 at 21.47. Pretty much sums it up really; the bowling is so good that the batsmen just cannot cope haha.

Sorry about the Wall O' Text but thats pretty much it.

faizangmc

Club Captain
plsss i need ICC 2010 editor download linkk.........

Search in downloads section. There was one editor I remember. 2008 ediyor also wrks for batting ability

----------

Ok i have a question. I am playing ICC3 on my PSP - how do you break partnerships? When I'm owling at the AI it would always seem that a couple of early wicket falls and then somehow they manage a really big partnership out of the blue... until decleration, on most occastion.

I have tried everything literally. Changing field setting, diffrent line and length etc nothings working.
Use a RM or LM bowler. Blv me they get hit for runs but brk the partnership too. Just my xperience. I may b wrng, bt it has happend with me many times

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm pretty sure no-one even reads this forum any more, but anyhow...

Basically, you know that whole thing about quality being better than quantity? I decided it was wrong, and as a result, I now have a squad that looks like this:

:bat:
Matthew Boyce
Martin Denver (R)
Billy Godleman
Arun Harinath
Tom Lancefield
Ian Lane :os: (R)
Rhett Lockyear :os:
Adam London
Matt Machan
Gordon Muchall :c:
Akhil Patel
Mark Platt (R)
Ben Raine
Chris Scargill (R)
Vikram Solanki
Will Smith
Sean Terry
David Wheeldon

:wk:
Richard Johnson
Mark Richardson
Adam Rouse
Daniel Smith :os:

:ar:
Shaaiq Choudhry
Aneesh Kapil
Preston Mommsen
Joe Norris (R)
Jack Taylor
Mark Wood

:bwl:
Vikram Bannerjee
Tom Brett
Adam Dibble
Alasdair Evans
Steve Harmison
Jamie Harrison
Tom Jewell
Jack Leach
Will Owen
Steffan Piolet
Michael Reed
Chris Rendell (R)
Neil Saker
Matthew Taylor
James Wainman

My quest? To take this enormously bloated and sub-standard squad and not finish last, and thereby prove that quantity is very occasionally better than quality.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dave Warner smashed 250 in a day.. My biggest score in one day's play! Sri Lanka are ass in 2021

rBEbTyT.jpg

But yeah.. That one time I got beaten by Bermuda in a T20 :/

hCLNjY3.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1459034689][/DOUBLEPOST]Also all the old ICC06 guys will remember this familiar name.. Can't believe I found this regen in 2021 hahaha

bIYtzZA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread