How are you doing in your career?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you leave a ball both your stamina and confidence go up by 1% to 3%. I use this approach in Tests and Odis to manage stamina.

Do you have to actually 'leave' to get that or can you just not play a shot? I got a bit paranoid about pressing the actual button to leave after seeing some of the edges people were getting from it in the last game, haha! Shame if blocking or even just not running doesn't help too though in some way - hard to comment much without first hand experience though.

Does it make a difference if you can rest at the non-striker's end, and can you see a difference between players with high and low cardio fitness ratings? Would be nice to see the system being well-balanced anyway. It would actually mean you'd be trying to hang on to the close of play sometimes, knowing your stamina would be boosted if you could keep your wicket until the morning and things like that.

cricket_eireann

School Cricketer
to play for a particular international side you have to start with that nations club side.... i think :)
Yes I saw that when starting a career, but do you have any idea how to change that list of avaiable countries to choose from?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do you have to actually 'leave' to get that or can you just not play a shot? I got a bit paranoid about pressing the actual button to leave after seeing some of the edges people were getting from it in the last game, haha! Shame if blocking or even just not running doesn't help too though in some way - hard to comment much without first hand experience though.

Does it make a difference if you can rest at the non-striker's end, and can you see a difference between players with high and low cardio fitness ratings? Would be nice to see the system being well-balanced anyway. It would actually mean you'd be trying to hang on to the close of play sometimes, knowing your stamina would be boosted if you could keep your wicket until the morning and things like that.

I'm not sure whether the stamina and confidence is bumped up when you don't offer a shot at all. I generally press X (that's what I've configured the leave button to) and stamina & confidence increase. Also, the stamina & confidence remain as-is when you are at non-striker's end and are not changed at all. So you have to leave a few deliveries to replenish stamina. That's what I've seen while playing casual matches and haven't played career mode at all but IMO it should be the same.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just got my first 50 not out.....but it isnt recored as my top score :( -- because it seems like a bug has prevented a not out top score from being saved as such boo

also just hit my longest 6 of 98m -- almosta trophy -- need 100m for a trophy.

I queried this and have read one or two instances of people's stats not being correct. Thanks for pointing out that it was the not out bit that's why is doesn't show. Though it doesn't show the top score and half-century I'm pretty sure my total runs and average did go up correctly.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I've read a few varying scenarios on the thread. Apologies if I've missed any clues.

I'm a batting all-rounder at number five in the order. I think that I should have been an opener or three at least because I keep getting left stranded not out or get out cheaply if I really go for it. I'm into my third or fourth season now, aged 22 I think and no sign of getting signed up. My batting average is 20 and I dread to think what my bowling average is but batting at five I don't really see how I can improve. I've completed some objectives. I guess if I keep raising my stats with a few not outs I'll hit the ball further and more often and might eventually get signed but fear I'll be playing club T20 forever. Obviously in Oz it's quite normal in real life for club cricketers to not join state sides till mid or even late twenties but not so in England.

Of the sides I selected for my league only one is correct and my highest score (55 not out) doesn't show on my stats. Annoying that you can't see your bowling ave when you sim to player, maybe it comes up when you bowl if you field as well. Will give it a try.

I'm on Veteran, Hard and Hard.

Anybody got any ideas what I need to achieve to get signed up and who might offer me a deal?

Many thanks.

Brentismaximas

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
It's a bug at the Moment you here to simulate a game after you've played a few and then you'll get a back what you are owed in one go just tedius at the moment but big ant will soon fix

True, I didn't notice that. So if I played a whole season without simulating can I sim a game now & get what I'm 'owed'?

Brentismaximas

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I have been trying to monitor in longer formats, but really havent played that much.... someone mentioned on a thread that if you leave a ball your stamina and confidence goes up by between 1-3%... I have noticed stamina goes down while bowling, and will be higher after some rest period later in the innings

I still to monitor further ;)

Where are the stamina & confidence meters in this new game?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Where are the stamina & confidence meters in this new game?
When you are facing hit up on the d-pad -- on the screen below your batsmen name is the stamina/confidence.[DOUBLEPOST=1482922629][/DOUBLEPOST]
True, I didn't notice that. So if I played a whole season without simulating can I sim a game now & get what I'm 'owed'?
yes you get everyone owed, its nice to get 40 000 SP all at once :)

Cozza

Club Cricketer
Made a batsman called Merv Boon
First match - 6 run off 12 balls
Second match - 6 runs off 5 balls
Third Match - Duck
Fourth match - 2 runs of 3 balls

I haven't spent that much time in career mode. Just made a simple player Merv "Tubby" Boon, and just played a few matches occasionally to get the grips with the game (Haven't played a cricket game since cricket 2007). Now making my own club cricket grounds for a new career mode I'll start later.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
When you are facing hit up on the d-pad -- on the screen below your batsmen name is the stamina/confidence.[DOUBLEPOST=1482922629][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes you get everyone owed, its nice to get 40 000 SP all at once :)
You still get skill points after every game, it's just for personal attributes

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone seen any regens yet. im 3 seasons in but cannot see any regens.

Users who are viewing this thread