How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Cricz25

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Dear Team Members,
I have started as a Batting All Rounder. Few quick questions for the experts here:
1. If I patch the game, Do I need to restart my career or I can continue the old one?
2. What is the help we get from checking Fatigue? Is it used to decide whether to play aggressive shot / take quick single?
3. After I get out, where can I see how many 4s, 6s I have hit in that particular inning?
4. Can I see my last 5 innings batting score?

Thanks in advance :)

Snake199

School Cricketer
Really struggling against the spin, and I'm rubbish at attacking shots.

Have pretty much mastered the forward defensive though, so when in doubt I'll just block it, average is only around 4 though as I often struggle to 2 or 3 off 30 balls before having my bails taken off my some spinner :mad

Was surprised to see how hard batting really was, usually batting on cricket games is really easy, even on the hardest difficulties so I suppose it's a good thing that the batting on DBC14 is extremely challenging and will take many hours to master!

Looking forward to the ride. I only got the game this morning and after a few hours on it today I've already noticed big improvements in my batting, just have to keep practising.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
So a good mate spent the last week at mne.

We started a batting all-rounder on Pro as neither of us have ever played the game before.

We're currently just at the start of our third season. We have just over 400 first class wickets at an average of around 5. Our best innings figures are 10-11 with best match of around 17-34. HS batting is 51. Although just the one fifty and nearly every out was from hitting it to mid-on and getting caught or setting off for a run, turning around and getting run out with at least 95% of the batsman over the line but not grounded.

Seriously, who the hell even programs a turn-around animation that acts like that? With the exception of children that were dropped on their head, that is actually a serious question?

To finish with though, we both really enjoyed bowling once we reached the England Test team at 17/18 because it took away the bowling aids and we started to average the somwhat excessive 7ish with the ball. Additionally we both then lost all interest in bowling as our 'off-break' skill had maxed out and we were spending entire games bowling nothing but doosras or other infrequent deliveries just to boost the skills.

Batting was fun, challenging, and definitely has a lot of growing room just because we still averaged like a crap 11 despite never being dropped from 6th. Sometimes we were only being bought on 5th or 6th change despite having the best bowling figures ever seen in any form of cricket ever played. Nice though to see us coming on as the opening bowler at times regardless of the conditions.

Oh and Middlesex would probably not make us captain at 18. Regardless of the difficulty.

Spagman

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
yep. those run outs are rubbish. i think half my wickets getting out are because of that.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
How am I doing in my career? Not terribly well after two matches, haha! I just got out to a second ball duck because my controller didn't respond at the worst possible moment, and in my first match I recorded first innings bowling figures of 0-100. I did get a 28 (18) on my first try batting though (including 2 sixes and 3 fours), and my bowling has improved to 1-42 and 0-25. Just the one wicket though so far. Lots of near misses, and close chances, but I'm not Glenn McGrath enough to make them count.

yogi33

School Cricketer
How am I doing in my career? Not terribly well after two matches, haha! I just got out to a second ball duck because my controller didn't respond at the worst possible moment, and in my first match I recorded first innings bowling figures of 0-100. I did get a 28 (18) on my first try batting though (including 2 sixes and 3 fours), and my bowling has improved to 1-42 and 0-25. Just the one wicket though so far. Lots of near misses, and close chances, but I'm not Glenn McGrath enough to make them count.

It really is a grind early on but sounds like it might be easier when the patch comes out. Batting wise you're doing much better than in was in my first few innings!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I'm on PC so it's already got the patch - just had 3 successive batting innings ruined by unresponsiveness though, so I'm going to have to start again. It was fine earlier, and bowling still is, but for some reason now, whenever I bat, it just doesn't respond and I get out, so I'm going to have to turn a couple of the settings down and hope that solves it. Then it'll be a case of restarting and hoping I can do as well as before. :(

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Started my career for Zimbabwe in PC.

Oh man, looks like I am getting rusty on batting. Not sure whether its due to my own switching of PS3 mode on wide TV to PC mode on my lappy! But my first 6 innings is way below my average.

However I am getting better & better in my offspin bowling - 2 consecutive MOTM in my first 2 OD matches(4 wickets in both) back to back!

Patch 2 has made bowling absolutely a challenging one. You need to be spot on in your line & length, and to set the field for your bowling preference. Need to spend more time to explore the patch2 tweak with the bat though, for some reasons I am getting out so cheaply!!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But my first 6 innings is way below my average.

You'll fit right in to the Zimbabwe team with those sort of scores ;)

Seriously though, makes a change from all of those hundreds and double hundreds you were getting on the PS3 version! :p

Juggernaut

School Cricketer
Hey guys, game career's been pretty fun! It's not boring, I can skip the fielding anytime it starts annoying me. It's just amazing. Some aspects make it a better mode than FIFA!
Only problem is, I can't edit my player... as in the career player. Is it possible to edit my player? I have played about 3-4 matches so far.

----------

yep. those run outs are rubbish. i think half my wickets getting out are because of that.

You gotta sprint by pressing and holding RT on the Xbox 360 controller, or else players will run slow. Also, try diving with Y button.

IzzyCricketing

Club Captain
Currently, I'm INCREDIBLY frustrated.... I'm a no3 pure batsman, and I'm playing for NSW vs Victoria atm...

the VICs put us to the sowrd in the first innings, scoring 428 with Aaron Finch carring his bat for a run a ball double hundred.

NSW responded with 600, I scored 270 off of 400 odd balls. We had a lead of 172...

Victoria them managed to wallop 5/362 off 85 overs, leaving the good guys 190odd for the win, in about two sessions...

I've had to replay the damn final innings three times thus far because as my team 'mates' suffer from multiple forms of retardation, I'm forced by their incopetence to bat for the draw.... which I've achieved each time, only for the game to BUG THE F@!? OUT AND GIVE THE WIN TO VICTORIA?!?!

Seriously?! Did no-one actually complete a first class game during testing... :mad

D

Deleted member 9102

Really enjoying my career mode as a bowling all-rounder, right arm fast-medium, LHB (how I played IRL) with Warwickshire on Veteran difficulty. I'm yet to make much of a contribution with the bat (I'm hopeless on Veteran!) but I've taken quite a few wickets.

Slight niggle is that it keeps making Bell or Troughton the wicket keeper rather than Ambrose who isn't in the team... My career player probably replaced him in the lineup. I'll have to see if there's something I can do to fix that.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Finding it tedious stuff with the fast bowling and superhuman fielding.

Look for a gap in the field, pre meditate because the bowling is so fast, try and hit the ball, repeat, and then get run out coming forward

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Finding it tedious stuff with the fast bowling and superhuman fielding.

Look for a gap in the field, pre meditate because the bowling is so fast, try and hit the ball, repeat, and then get run out coming forward

Presume you only just started playing the game?

If so was same for everybody - takes practise and patience playing fast bowling at first
If you persevere it does get easier. Only premeditation I do now is to play fast bowling off back foot always -can play any type of delivery plus more importantly when ball is delivered you are concentrating on what shot to play only and not worrying about footwork too.

I find it a challenge but definitely playable and enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread