How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

divadinho

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well England have clawed their way back into this match. At tea on the first day Aussie are 225 for 4. Onions and Swann both taking two wickets, all catches! Clarke and North have stepped on the gas a bit and going at a run a ball but the run rate overall is at a respectable 3.8 or so. I hope Aussie make it through the next session and put on a good total to chase!:)

At the clsoe of day one this is how things stand:

Australia (AI) made 348 off 85.4 0vers: net run-rate just over 4 an over.

M.North 83 off 89 balls (really pushed the tempo along beautifully in the middle of the innings!)
S. Watson 81 off 143 balls
M.Clarke 53 off 77 balls
S. Katich 53 off 115 balls

Pick of the English bowlers

Anderson 4 for 72 off 25.4
Swann 3 for 83 off 13.0 (expensive but crucial wickets!)
Onions 3 for 85 off 23.0

England survived a nervy final four overs to end the day 6 for the loss of no wicket.

What I loved was the fact that you could see the cloud building up during the final session and when I took the new ball after 81 overs the Aussie went defensive again for a while. But the new ball really cleaned the tail up nicely! Great days cricket and looking forwadr to tomorrows opening session!

Well I be dipped in doggy do and rolled in cat crap! Just went to load my game and I had obviously forgot to save it properly. I am now back to lunch on the first day!:facepalm

Awwww!!! :noway :eek:

It seemed like it was panning out nicely, until the last part... Shame that, it should have an autosave feature in the game so that when you quit it autosaves. Obviously you would still have to remember to turn it on... :p

D

Dutch

Awwww!!! :noway :eek:

It seemed like it was panning out nicely, until the last part... Shame that, it should have an autosave feature in the game so that when you quit it autosaves. Obviously you would still have to remember to turn it on... :p

Yeah I am just going to have to be patient and start again from after lunch!:( I considered simulating the innings but I won't I will stick to it!

D

Dutch

Right, had the patience to start the session again despite losing two sessions for not saving!

It has been an intriguing second session. Runs were hard to come by as England kept to their bowling plan and bowled tightly. However despite losing two wickets Australia will feel the happier of the 2 sides. they will want to push on in the last session and build on this commanding platform.
The facts and figures:

Australia (AI) at tea:
217 for 2
Watson 46 off 96 balls(bowled Anderson, in swinger that kept low and took out off stump!) SR 47.92
Katich 89 off 167 balls (Caught Prior off Swann) SR 53.29
Ponting 39 off 74 balls not out SR 52.70
Hussey 33 off 33 balls (picking up singles all the time, especially off Swann!) SR 100.00

Bowling (Me) England
Anderson 17 overs for 51 runs 1 wicket (Econ. 3.00)
Broad 16 overs for 56 runs (Econ. 3.50)
Onions 13 overs fro 49 runs (Econ. 3.77)
Swann 14 overs 61 for 1 (Econ. 4.36)

No balls; 10

FOW: 98, 162

Overall run-rate: 3.63

Entertainment: engrossing!:p

D

Dutch

Right, first of all sorry for spamming this thread but they are legitimate posts! I might actually make a story thread of this in the cricketing story forum....anyway nobody will be interested to know that I had a great last session.

At the end of day one on a pitch that wasn't doing much Australia are 361 for 6.

Okay here is all you never wanted to know.

We are into the first session of day two. Australia are 365 for 6. Ponting has just got his 100 after being stranded on 99 overnight. He scrambled a single after being dropped in the gully off the second ball of the day!

Yesterdays final session was a cracker with England fighting their way back into the game. They stuck with the old ball as it had started to reverse swing. Wickets started to come as Anderson, Onions and Broad made the ball swing well and start building some pressure.

Watson 46 off 96 balls(bowled Anderson, in swinger that kept low and took out off stump!) SR 47.92
Katich 89 off 167 balls (Caught Prior off Swann) SR 53.29
Ponting 102 off 168 balls not out SR 60.71
Hussey 53 off 58 balls (bowled Anderson. He was on the backfoot and defended one that swung away slightly and knocked into the very top of off stump.SR 91.38
Clarke 1 off 3 balls (caught at second slip by Strauss of a Broad outswinger)
North 9 off 10 balls (caught by Strauss off the bowling of Onions, again an outswinger)
Haddin 25 off 20 balls (again caught by Strauss off Onion's outswinger!) SR 105.00
Johnson 25 off 46 balls not out SR 54.35

Bowling
Anderson 28 overs 111 runs 2 wickets econ. 3.65
Broad 27.3 overs 99 runs 1 wicket econ. 3.60
Onions 18 overs 64 runs 2 wickets econ. 3.56
Swann 18 overs 91 runs 1 wickets econ 5.06

Extras: 19

FOW: 98 162 258 261 273 313

Run rate: 3.99

I was very happy to see both Ponting and Johnson bat out the final three or four overs of the day with great caution. You have to really concentrate with bowling to keep them contained and make them make mistakes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finally got the Pakistanis all out 4 overs before lunch on day 2. They got 452 with 2 centurions and 2 batsmen reaching fifties!

Perfectly paced, no batsmen had a strike rate higher than 68.

Hey weeley, with your adjusted stats, did you increase strength? I have increased all the batting stats 10 percent but the ai is going at 5 an over in a test im playing - which is too high.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hey weeley, with your adjusted stats, did you increase strength? I have increased all the batting stats 10 percent but the ai is going at 5 an over in a test im playing - which is too high.

Hello mate, no i decreased it a little. I increased timing and judgement. However i may lower timing a little because i could not buy a wicket!!

Then again dunno why im complaining was a great challenge!!

Was worth noting that when i used the same team in a 20/20 they hit 172-2. Again upping the stats did not make them too good as far as run rate. but they are so good at staying in now!!

lonewolf5646

Club Captain
i dont know how ppl are getting AI to score so many runs
i have tried everything no close fielders in fact only custom fields but still getting AI for low scores
only thing is that i bowl a lot with spinners has it something to do with that??

also batting is so easy
beaten WI using ZIM in test with no HUD for batting:(

it shud really have been difficult using a low team as ZIM

will try limited overs now but not with HUD off as it is not much fun
as u have to pre determine every shot

D

Dutch

i dont know how ppl are getting AI to score so many runs
i have tried everything no close fielders in fact only custom fields but still getting AI for low scores
only thing is that i bowl a lot with spinners has it something to do with that??

also batting is so easy
beaten WI using ZIM in test with no HUD for batting:(

it shud really have been difficult using a low team as ZIM

will try limited overs now but not with HUD off as it is not much fun
as u have to pre determine every shot

Maybe you are just too good!?

Spinners are often too effective. I personally am having great games, excellent even. Don't know what i am doing differently!

csnbharathi

School Cricketer
Spinners are often too effective. I personally am having great games, excellent even. Don't know what i am doing differently!

I have modest success with spinners. Mostly i get whacked for 4's and 6's during powerplay (With spinners against AI), otherwise they average 6 to 7 per over (50 over ODI)

I also noticed that the more spin/swing(L2/R2) i use the more they get used to the deliveries and start slogging. If i just have the basic swing/spin the AI seems to bat sensible, basically use one max swing/spin per over to get results.
Any opinions/thoughts?

D

Dutch

I have modest success with spinners. Mostly i get whacked for 4's and 6's during powerplay (With spinners against AI), otherwise they average 6 to 7 per over (50 over ODI)

I also noticed that the more spin/swing(L2/R2) i use the more they get used to the deliveries and start slogging. If i just have the basic swing/spin the AI seems to bat sensible, basically use one max swing/spin per over to get results.
Any opinions/thoughts?

Yeah I would agree with that. Plus spinners have got to be right on the mark to contain the AI. I feel though that AI can score too easily off them and I am setting very defensive fields to keep scoring down off Swann for example. In an ideal world you should be able to use a good spinner as a containing player at one end, letting him reel off tons of overs to let your strike bowlers let fly at the other end.

csnbharathi

School Cricketer
Close fielders

I noticed this interesting tweak, maybe it is just me. Guys playing online can put me in the right place.

I could not see any blinders gobbled by close fielders in IC10. Is this the case online too?

I am referring to a perfect timed lofted/ground shot being caught by fielders close to the bat.

Hello mate, no i decreased it a little. I increased timing and judgement. However i may lower timing a little because i could not buy a wicket!!

Then again dunno why im complaining was a great challenge!!

Was worth noting that when i used the same team in a 20/20 they hit 172-2. Again upping the stats did not make them too good as far as run rate. but they are so good at staying in now!!

Cheers mate! Seems that strength is the main factor affecting the AI's slogging. Ill drop down the strength abilities of the AI and see what happens.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Into the Super 8's of the T20 world cup with England, got Ireland in all sorts of trouble at 75/8 off 11.0 overs, from my estimation i'll be chasing about 85-90 :) I'm trying to get through this a quickly as possible, as i'm not really a fan of T20 cricket on IC2010 (I'm more of a test match player) I just need to do this and win a Twenty overs super league to get the platinum trophy =D

stevo1

Club Cricketer
Continuing on from my other posts, bowled England out for 424 (95.5 overs).

Most satisfying innings i've ever bowled in a cricket game (bowled all 95.5 overs), was fantastic!

Match summary to date:

England

Pietersen 106 (114)
Collingwood 62 (72)
Cook 44 (86)
Trott 42 (52)

424 all out

Australia

Bollinger 4/77 (20 overs)
Johnson 4/128 (30.5 overs)
Hauritz 2/84 (16 overs)

Now to have a bat!