How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

EnglishCricket

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just started a 4 match test series in the sub-continent playing as South Africa vs India I've put up some images of the first day so far. Had frustrating start with Gambhir and Sehwag forming a solid opening partnership and then Rahul Dravid coming in and just smashing it everywhere but they were no match for Kalllis :)

Game settings:

Hard
Batting HUD:Off
Bowling HUD: Minimal

Attachments

• 31122010.jpg
    31122010.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 31122010(001).jpg
    31122010(001).jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 86

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
^^^ No guesses for man of the match in that game!! ^^^

One thing i have noticed with all the editing, is that quite simply, if you want to try and get an even better score from the AI, then dont change your delivery type. If you stick to the delivery you started the run up with, then the AI scores better. No joke. I played 6 experimentle inninings against an edited india team and heres the results.
1st innings with changes to delivery type 177. 2nd innings 213. 3rd innings 194. Then i played 3 innings without changing delivery type. 1st innings 219. 2nd 311. 3rd 284.
That cant be coincidence. I know that changing is part of the game, but i didnt know it made a difference like that.

Last edited:

EnglishCricket

School Cricketer
Just started a 4 match test series in the sub-continent playing as South Africa vs India I've put up some images of the first day so far. Had frustrating start with Gambhir and Sehwag forming a solid opening partnership and then Rahul Dravid coming in and just smashing it everywhere but they were no match for Kalllis :)

Game settings:

Hard
Batting HUD:Off
Bowling HUD: Minimal

Update on my game with a picture below. The game is set up pretty nicely now I have plenty of time to chase down that total with me only being on the 3rd day.

Attachments

• 01012011.jpg
    01012011.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 121

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Sold my copy of the game today :)

Put it on craigslist and some Indian guy bought it from me for $50 :lol

I paid $43 after shipping for it :D

Nice! I'm going to do something similar. I should get a good trade price for it at EB Games - after all, it is still being sold for $100 here :facepalm

melucas

School Cricketer
I have just completed a few T20 matches with my edited stats and edited Aussie team. First game verse India I won the toss and batted first in Sydney.
Australia 8 for 189 India all out 186 I won with 3 balls to spare. Second game in Brisbane I again won the toss and batted first against New Zealand
Australia all out 176 in 19.5 overs. New Zealand won 7 for 179 with 2 balls to spare.
I am now going to play a couple of 50 over games but I believe I have found the right mix of stats editing to make this game enjoyable across all game types.
I have noticed a problem which I am not sure has been mentioned here but the runout bug is still in the system although not as bad as Ashes 09.
When the AI hits the ball back to the bowler and he fields it off a bounce he throws down the stumps at the keepers end and before the ball hits the batsmen take a run and get out. This has happened to me now twice in a T20 game and once in a test match. It is impossible to stop. It doesn't happen regular enough to be annoying. I have played in excess of 4000 overs and it has only happened three times but it does happen.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
I have just completed a few T20 matches with my edited stats and edited Aussie team. First game verse India I won the toss and batted first in Sydney.
Australia 8 for 189 India all out 186 I won with 3 balls to spare. Second game in Brisbane I again won the toss and batted first against New Zealand
Australia all out 176 in 19.5 overs. New Zealand won 7 for 179 with 2 balls to spare.
I am now going to play a couple of 50 over games but I believe I have found the right mix of stats editing to make this game enjoyable across all game types.
I have noticed a problem which I am not sure has been mentioned here but the runout bug is still in the system although not as bad as Ashes 09.
When the AI hits the ball back to the bowler and he fields it off a bounce he throws down the stumps at the keepers end and before the ball hits the batsmen take a run and get out. This has happened to me now twice in a T20 game and once in a test match. It is impossible to stop. It doesn't happen regular enough to be annoying. I have played in excess of 4000 overs and it has only happened three times but it does happen.

great, can you share your edited stats? :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah the other run out bug is when ai advances down the wicket to your spinner and edges the ball to a fielder (but not a catch). The batsman doesn't get back into his crease leaving fielder with easy run out.
Happens very rarely that AI edges when advancing but annoying

On a different note, tried batting with no hud. Whilst I still think you don't see the cursor early enough I am able to start scoring runs. Spinners are easiest as have more time to react, but up to medium fast bowlers I have a fighting chance.
This does involve not using the back foot /front foot modifiers , and deciding before the ball is bowled whether to use defensive, attacking or lofting shot.
Then dependent on delivery will determine where I aim my shot, but often play shot too late (unless defensive) but getting there slowly

On bowling front, trying to find ways to stop AI constantly scoring 180+ against me in T20 on hard (no HUD) and have some interesting results so far, but nothing conclusive. Shame no PC version as would upload files for testing :noway

melucas

School Cricketer
great, can you share your edited stats? :)

I think the stats editing is an individual thing.
Reading some of these posts others are having competitive games adjusting settings different to what I have done. I have already put down what adjustments I have made just can't remember where. Main things are
Batting
running speed reduced to 50% strength reduced to 50% or less other stats edited as high as possible
Bowling
Spin reduced to 50%
Speed for spinners reduced to between 50 and 70% or less
Fielding
outfield and reflex catching reduced to 50% or less other stats adjusted to suit what is required to make batting better
Top 6 or 7 batsmen have all stats other than mention above set 90% or above
Wicket keeper
Catching set to 35 to 40% to stop relentless edge catching. Batting is hard enough let alone having super human catches against spin being made
Fielders running set to 70% or above where able after other editing.
When I bat I take a stance off middle stump and dont move until ball bowled.
This compensates for knowing where the delivery will be bowled way too early.

On another note I have completely changed my Aussie side to a side of great players I have watched as I grew up. I now have Taylor, Slater, Hayden, the Waugh twins, Jones, Gilchrist, McGrath, Warne, Thommo and others in the squad.
The present aussie squad is not worth playing with. They are the worst team I have seen in 40 years of watching cricket.

Blake84

School Cricketer
Just played mock 4th and 5th ashes tests as aus and made a custom top 7 for England and put their stats up by ten (strength, rs down). Hard,min, limit of ten lofted shots per innings.
In the first match I set england 313 to win and at 4/160 I thought I was on my way to victory but Collingwood and Bell had an unbeaten 150 run stand to give England a six wicket win just after 5 on the fourth day.
The second match saw me well placed with a 65 run lead on the first innings but England scored 475 in the second innings with Cook getting 199 setting me 411 to win. At stumps on day 4 I was 5/231 with Haddin on 58* and the night watchmen Siddle on 0*. I thought I was in with a chance but only lasted an hour on the 5th morning with Anderson doing the damage and England winning by 136 runs.

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 54

formula1man

International Cricketer
I think the stats editing is an individual thing.
Reading some of these posts others are having competitive games adjusting settings different to what I have done. I have already put down what adjustments I have made just can't remember where. Main things are
Batting
running speed reduced to 50% strength reduced to 50% or less other stats edited as high as possible
Bowling
Spin reduced to 50%
Speed for spinners reduced to between 50 and 70% or less
Fielding
outfield and reflex catching reduced to 50% or less other stats adjusted to suit what is required to make batting better
Top 6 or 7 batsmen have all stats other than mention above set 90% or above
Wicket keeper
Catching set to 35 to 40% to stop relentless edge catching. Batting is hard enough let alone having super human catches against spin being made
Fielders running set to 70% or above where able after other editing.
When I bat I take a stance off middle stump and dont move until ball bowled.
This compensates for knowing where the delivery will be bowled way too early.

On another note I have completely changed my Aussie side to a side of great players I have watched as I grew up. I now have Taylor, Slater, Hayden, the Waugh twins, Jones, Gilchrist, McGrath, Warne, Thommo and others in the squad.
The present aussie squad is not worth playing with. They are the worst team I have seen in 40 years of watching cricket.

you state the batting stats, is that AI, human or both?

Snake199

School Cricketer
Currently doing a 5 match test series between England and Scotland (me) on hard, no hud.

Currently doing the first match and England batted first and got 501. Scotland then went on to bat and were bowled all out for 97. I was trying to attack rather than defend but it was costly, I was losing a wicket every few overs.

England enforced the follow on. I lost F. Webbs on the first ball of the innings so I was 0-1. Number 3. Greg Hampton, came out and attacked the ball well, and was going at a run a ball, but was out for 9 off 9 balls, bowled by Sidebottom, 9-2. My number 4 Paul White came out and played a defensive game, he is currently on 1 off 30. But while he was out there Rob Kirkwood was ran out for 7 from 35 balls, which left me on 18-3. D.Black and P.White are batting now, White on 1 from 30 and Black 0 from 8. It's about 5:30 now so just holding out until the end of the day.

Scotland trail by 384 runs!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi everyone. Haven't been on these forums for a while and was just wondering how people find batting with the HUD OFF, I haven't stopped playing IC10 but i usually bat both teams innings with HUD ON (setting myself scores and trying to beat them) and it's starting to become a bit of a bore. I want to bat with HUD OFF and bowl with minimal HUD as i think it might make it more realistic and challenging. So what are your tips for batting with the HUD OFF?? I have tried before but struggled!
Thanks. :)

Snake199

School Cricketer
Scotland still at the crease at 4:34pm on Day 3. Score is 118/4 after 86.0 overs.

So far:

England got off to a good start on the first day when the scored 501 all out. The innings went through to just after lunch on day 2. Matt Prior scored 177 from just 207 balls. Broad backed him up with a slow 62 from 171 balls, and Collingwood got 58. Pick of the bowlers were Paul White, bowling 41 overs only conceding 84 runs and got 4 wickets. Callum White also got 2 wickets and a few others got 1 each.

Scotland came out to bat and crumbled. After starting off okay on 15-0, a collapse happened, and Scotland were bowled out for 97. The only batsmen to do well were Paul White and Greg Hampton scoring in the mid twenties.

Scotland came out again and started off badly. Frank Webbs was bowled on the first ball of the innings. More wickets came with Greg Hampton going for 9. Robert Kirkwood then came to the crease and scored a slow 7 from 35 balls, which included a boundary. Score was then 18-3. But along came Paul white, who batted with extreme patience. He batted along side Davey Black who was also scoring at a slow rate, but not as slow as Paul. Davey went for 17 from 81 balls, which included 1 four and he had occupied the crease for 102 minutes. He'd done his bit. Then came Callum White who start off quickly scoring a few boundaries and nudging the ball around , but once he got into the 30s he slowed down as well, and the runs were coming rarely.

Current Scorecard:
Current pair:
Paul White: 27 from 256 balls (1 four, 0 sixes)
Callum White: 43 from 148 balls (7 fours, 0 sixes)

Paul White has been at the crease now for 5 and a half hours, but in the time had only bagged 27 runs. Incredible!

Callum White has been a bit more lively, scoring a run every other over. He is slowly heading towards a well deserved 50.

Bowling:

J. Anderson 21-11-24-2
R. Sidebottom 19-10-17-1
S. Broad 13-7-14-0
G. Swann 24-8-50-0
K. Pieterson 9-4-12-0

Bowling has been good so far. Sidebottom has been to trickiest to bat against.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hi everyone. Haven't been on these forums for a while and was just wondering how people find batting with the HUD OFF, I haven't stopped playing IC10 but i usually bat both teams innings with HUD ON (setting myself scores and trying to beat them) and it's starting to become a bit of a bore. I want to bat with HUD OFF and bowl with minimal HUD as i think it might make it more realistic and challenging. So what are your tips for batting with the HUD OFF?? I have tried before but struggled!
Thanks. :)

I bat and bowl with hud off - enjoy the challenge of both though bowling is more realistic with no HUD

For batting I am still pretty poor but tips I use are

must decide pre shot whether to play defensive, attacking or 6 hit (unless facing spinner then have a little time to adjust

Don't use back or front foot modifiers (no time to use them)

I wait to see where ball is bowled (not much time to do this)

If at wickets play straight shot
If ball wide of off stump play off side shot and vice versa for leg side

If ball is pitched short can play ball square or behind wicket

At start of each over you get quick preview of field - remember where gaps are

I start off by pressing straight up on analogue stick whilst bowler is running in and adjust aim whilst pressing shot button

Rarely play 6 hit shot unless free hit or if spinner is bowling

Hope some of these tips help

Users who are viewing this thread