How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Top Score

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only tips I can give for batting are to play down the line of the ball and only drive balls outside the line of the off stump or leg stump otherwise defend straight.

Play more behind the wicket to short balls then infront and off the back foot on the off side and in front of square on the legside.

Hit with the spin not against it unless it's a half tracker or full pitched delievery.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^Mix up outswinger with inswingers and pitch the ball full. LBW are not that rare in this game.

mehul.vaghela

School Cricketer
Jayawardne the bowler...

I played a T20 as WI vs SL. Strangely, the skipper Jayawardne (name edited) bowled his full quota of overs despite his ratings being poor and stats as zero!

For the record, he bowled decent medium pace.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Supershtuffthat, can you please change your avatar?

I realize that Tendulkar is getting bowled, but whenever I take a glance at it, I mentally have the image of an Indian poster, simply because it is Tendulkar batting (and the picture is too small to clearly see he is being bowled). And I like to mentally discriminate in my head who is who through what country they're from

If you must keep it at that, here is a better quality picture
049951.jpg

This will clearly tell me you are not an Indian. Thanks :)

Why would you want to "discriminate" against someone based on nationality?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I played a T20 as WI vs SL. Strangely, the skipper Jayawardne (name edited) bowled his full quota of overs despite his ratings being poor and stats as zero!

For the record, he bowled decent medium pace.

I had the same problem the other day, I had Malinga, Kulasekera, Fernando, Mendis and Maharoof as the sri lankas 5 bowlers in a 50 over match yet in the 10th over they used Jeyawardene.

Makes no sense and needs to be sorted out.

Also if you put 2 spinners in the AI bowling attack they dont use them but use someone unrealistic like Jeyawardene.

P

pcfan123

Same problem here, I am playing a Test match against SriLanka,

Bowling Attack is : Malinga, Kulasekkera, Matthews, Murali and Mendis.

AI bowled Malinga and Kulasekkera, then Matthews then Mahela,

I guess the AI just tried to bowl 4 seamers in the 1st innings before bringing spin on.

Mahel did bowl well though :laugh

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still not realistic though.

Warch El

School Cricketer
Started a test match series England (me) vs Australia. Playing on normal, batting HUD off and bowling on minimal.

Had a rather frustrating first session with the Aussies getting to 106-2 at lunch. Broad got Payne LBW for 15 and Onions clean bowled Pointing for 19 but Watson seemed completely set and was starting to slog it around the park. Was getting slightly worried that the run rate was climbing toward 4 per over and had a few LBW appeals turned down even though Hawkeye suggested they may have been given (loving that the Umpires can be wrong sometimes).

Thankfully by the 43rd over they were all out for 146 :D Broad and Swann ripped through them after lunch with Broad getting a 5fer. Only one of Swann's wickets were due to a superhuman wicketkeeper and I took him off once they were 8 wickets down (he still got 5-0-20-4 thought :sarcasm). Not sure if Batsman are particularly more vunerable after a session break but I was somewhat shocked at how quickly they collasped.

Going to start my first innings this morning

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Playing on hard for the first time in my very first test.

Got them 4/196 from 39 overs.

Would be far less if I hadn't bowled 21 no balls, dropped 7 catches and taken 3 wickets on no balls. :o

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Bowled them out for 286 from 51 overs. Ryder top scored with 87 followed by some lower order hitting from Mccullum (55 from 50). All my bowlers went over 4 an over with 3 going over 5. Let's see how batting goes.

Edit: Off to a shocking start in my batting. Lost early wickets trying to drive balls outside off stump which resulted in edges to slips. At one stage I was 5/46. Hussey (41) and Haddin (16) were able to dig deep to get me to stumps at 5/100 after 31 overs.

Last edited:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Ive had that bowling bug too. It seems you HAVE to have 4 seamers in the AI team. I was finding myself up against Younis Khan when playing pakistan. I just cant get the hang of batting anyway. I understand about getting batsman set first. But ive never seen a game of cricket where you cant hit a boundry till say 30 or so overs.
Does anyone know what would widen the bowlers timing meter? Or is that simply down to the batsman? I was wondering if you reduce the bowlers acuracy then maybe batting becomes slightly easier. I know that kind of defeats the point. But i could last 120 overs in AC09, but this..............ide do well to get 60. Just wondering if reducing a stat here and there might make the batting easier. Any thoughts? Plus ide be happy giving those lost stats to the AI batters timing meter as ive got bowling on this game sussed! 266 is the average i conceed on hard.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I just cant get the hang of batting anyway. I understand about getting batsman set first. But ive never seen a game of cricket where you cant hit a boundry till say 30 or so overs

Mate dont be over-dramatic!! You can hit it in the first second third or fourth!... Its tough play cautiously but if your lucky enough to time it early on you can. Drives are harder than pulls!

Users who are viewing this thread