How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

melucas

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
NZ at stumps are 9 for 250

I have had plenty of games now with my edited teams. I have edited all except England. South Africa have scored over 500 once 400 a couple of times but normally 280 to 350. India also have posted good totals in the 400"s as has Pakistan once. If you don't edit all teams then low scores happen all the time. When I purchased the game test matches were over in 2 - 3 days now depending on how bat 3 day tests are very uncommon with most lasting 4 and some going into day 5 and 1 ended in a draw.

EnglishCricket

School Cricketer
Hi all

I want to do some stat editing so I can have longer lasting and more enjoyable test matches instead of the opposition batsmen constantly slogging and getting out easily but im not sure where to start. what are the main attributes I should increase? and what ones should I decrease? to achieve this thanks.

EnglishCricket

School Cricketer
Started a 3 match test series in the sub-continent as New-Zealand against Pakistan on Hard with Bowling HUD on minimal and Batting HUD off.

After I looked at the thread that talked about editing stats I edited Pakistan's batsmen to try and stop the slogging and try and get a better score out of the AI.

Things were looking bright at the start I won the toss and choose to bowl. The opening batsmen were going at a decent rate and there was a lot less slogging. At Lunch Pakistan were only 2 wickets down for around 100 runs with Butt going for 23 of 51 balls and Farhat going for 34 of 75 balls.

But after lunch the batsmen just started playing stupid shots and getting themselves out. I ended up bowling them out for just 207 5 overs before tea f with the last 8 wickets going for just 65 runs. So looks like I have to do some more editing after I've finished this series. Top scorer for them was Umar Akmal who score 51 of 94 balls followed by Faisal Iqbal who scored 43 of 72 balls.

Pick of the bowlers was the skipper Daniel Vettori who's figures were 16-1-60-5 followed by Jeetan Patel 6.3-0-29-4(He got a Hat-trick which wrapped up there innings). Most economical bowler was Southee who's figures were 15-4-44-1 eco:2.93.

Will update at the end of the game :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good news and bad news

Bad New -
Tried a test, England (me) v Australia. Therefore apart from couple of custom players I couldn't edit Aussie team stats.
Playing with no HUD, batting or bowling

After 34 overs, Aus are 147/9 :noway. Some good dismissals, 3 bowled and 2 LBW, but the other 4 just stupid lofted shots. We all know about this issue though.

Good News - there are just some really good gems tucked away amongst the not so good stuff. Don't know whether this has been reported before but I had Hussey C&B by Swann

Nothing unusual in that, except in the manner it came about. Full pitched ball by Swann, Hussey drive it low and hard at non striking batsman. Next thing I knew, Swann was catching the ball and claiming the catch :eek:

On replay could clearly see the ball in the air at low height, hit non striking batman's boot, then pop up in the air for Swann to take the catch. I couldn't believe the physics were that good in this game (especially when you consider hook shots off yorkers etc)

formula1man

International Cricketer
How good are one dayers in this game, are they hard? and do you need to edit the players first to get a good game, if so how?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
How good are one dayers in this game, are they hard? and do you need to edit the players first to get a good game, if so how?

I dont find them any harder. As a rule i will get them out for under the 50 overs even against a stat edited team. Its better than test though, as the limited overs always put pressure on you to score. But ive never conceeded more than 250.

Snake199

School Cricketer
Incredible innings earlier on.

I was 149-8 but managed to boost that up to 310 all out.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I dont find them any harder. As a rule i will get them out for under the 50 overs even against a stat edited team. Its better than test though, as the limited overs always put pressure on you to score. But ive never conceeded more than 250.

Unless you play as Eng or Aus there are ways to 'manufacture' the AI to score better.
Most obvious is to reduce the outfield and reflex catching stats of team you wish to play with - this gives you less time to make a successful catch.

Other editing to all other AI teams batting stats help also - & play with No Bowling HUD etc

You should never have to do any of this of course but it is possible to make AI better (except in tests it seems :noway)

melucas

School Cricketer
the trouble with this game is that batting bowling and fielding on hard mode are way too easy unless you fully edit all teams. If you only edit the team you are playing against and don't fully edit the team you are playing with then you are going to easily bowl out teams for low scores and you will easily beat them. I know some of you will say this shouldn't have to be the case and you are totally correct. The problem is if you want to play competitive games then this has to be done. If you no longer catch every chance or turn the ball square with every delivery well guess what that is what happens in real cricket. Some of you will no doubt no matter what edits you do will be too good for the game, this happens in all games and you will never be satisfied. What I am trying to say is this is by far the best game available for a console that has ever been produced and if you take the time to edit all the settings you can come up with a decent game. Unfortunately it wasn't put out on PC and for obvious reasons. The amount of editing done by people not associated with the companies involved has probably forced them to stop making PC games for games that have minimum sales as it is too easy to pirate and too easy to update thus minimising their sales. I know there are a lot of very good game editors on this forum that do a great job for the community but I doubt this is applauded by either codemasters or EA.
You can have good games on this. My last test game against NZ went into day four and if I had actually batted better I may have won. NZ scored in excess of 600 runs in their 2 innings batting for 180 overs in total and unfortunately I got bowled out for less than 150 in the first innings which left far too much to score in the final innings. Most of the wickets I took were either bowled or lbw with only 6 catches in 20 wickets being taken. I dropped Taylor in the second innings on 15 and he made me pay scoring 135 no. I had 4 dropped catches in total which isn't a bad thing as far as I am concerned. My wickets came from trying to drive too often before my batsmen were set and I was caught in slips. And I had 2 runouts where I attempted stupid runs that were not on.
I am now going to play a better side like South Africa or India. It was embarrasing to be beat by NZ

Blake84

School Cricketer
I am still playing with the default aus team and batting is ok if I stick to rules like playing realistic shots and limiting lofted shots. But I mostly have to get myself out with lazy or bad shots. What is missing are the typical test match kind of dismissals like nicking one off a block or a cover drive. It does happen sometimes but usually I get out off a miss timed sweep or hook (caught behind). Does anyone who edits their own teams batting stats down get nicks off a block or anything like that. And does anyone edit the opposition bowlers to make them better. I have batted with stats edited down before but I want to play with aus and not with a team full of custom players if I can avoid it.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yes I have edited all teams (except Eng and Aus) and it does make for a better game, but so much time is needed to do this.

Increasing bowling stats of other teams should result in sweet spot for good/perfect timing decreasing when you bat

Simpler solution is to bat with no hud. I often snick one playing defensively etc but there are some drawbacks with this method (like any other with this game)

Ramz

International Coach
can anybody tell me how to put created players into squads? Ive got the xbox 360 version for it.. Ive tried everything but to no avail. Hope somebody can help me out.

Blake84

School Cricketer
Yes I have edited all teams (except Eng and Aus) and it does make for a better game, but so much time is needed to do this.

Increasing bowling stats of other teams should result in sweet spot for good/perfect timing decreasing when you bat

Simpler solution is to bat with no hud. I often snick one playing defensively etc but there are some drawbacks with this method (like any other with this game)

How low do you edit your teams batting stats and what stats in particular. I think for it to make a difference it has to be so low that it then becomes to hard hit 4s and you end up running 2s and 3s all day. Since I dont use the loft shot much the default batters might be the best balance for me anyway. But if I really dig in it does get a bit easy. Also I remember reading your post about trying to change the spinners lines and speed. How did you go with that and anything else like that.
Cheers.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I play as england so no stat editing except for the custom players

However I bat with no HUD so its challenging enough without the editing anyway.

I imagine if I played as an unlicensed team simply reduce the timing value to a level that makes you really think about whether it is worth the risk playing a 6 hit shot

As for spinners I have had 'some' success which I will try and explain as follows:

In my experience main issues facing spin is

• Right arm off spin against left handers and vice versa for left arm spinners
  • Right arm leg spinners against right hand batman
  • Pace of delivery

For first two points above, I find spinners bowl far too much outside the legs of the batsman

As far as I can tell this is mainly down to how much they can spin the ball. I.e. if they have a spin rating of 90, they can spin it a lot, so to hit the wickets they have to pitch the ball well outside leg stump

If their accuracy rating is high, then if what I suspect above is true, they will always pitch it outside leg stump in an attempt to hit the wickets. This results in boring play, being never able to play shots to off side

To 'try' to counter this I have done the following:

Right arm off spinners
  • Reduce accuracy rating to 10
  • Set spin rating between 50-70. 70 is for highly rated spinners (harbhajan etc). 60 is for average spinners and 50 for less skilled ones
  • Set In swing/drift rating as high as possible (to aid this reduce fielding accuracy rating to 5 to gain some extra points to use, or reduce the out swing/drift rating to gain points

End result?
  • Setting lower spin ratings means bowler will 'generally' bowl less outside leg stump to left handed batsman
  • Poor accuracy means that aiming reticle would be large, increasing chances of ball being bowled directly at stumps or even outside off
  • In swing/drift rating as high as possible, I think results in the ball drifting into a right handed batsman, and more importantly away from a left hander, encouraging the delivery to be bowled at wickets or outside off

Left arm off spinners
  • Set spin rating between 50-70. 70 is for highly rated spinners (harbhajan etc). 60 is for average spinners and 50 for less skilled ones
  • Set Out swing/drift rating as high as possible (to aid this reduce fielding accuracy rating to 5 to gain some extra points to use, or reduce the In swing/drift rating to gain points

End result?
  • Setting lower spin ratings means bowler will 'generally' bowl less outside leg stump to right handed batsman
  • Poor accuracy means that aiming reticle would be large, increasing chances of ball being bowled directly at stumps or even outside off
  • Out swing/drift rating as high as possible, I think results in the ball drifting into a left handed batsman, and more importantly away from a right hander, encouraging the delivery to be bowled at wickets or outside off

Right arm leg spinners
  • Set Out swing/drift rating as high as possible (to aid this reduce fielding accuracy rating to 5 to gain some extra points to use, or reduce the In swing/drift rating to gain points

End result?
  • Setting lower spin ratings means bowler will 'generally' bowl less outside leg stump to right handed batsman
  • Out swing/drift rating as high as possible, I think results in the ball drifting into a left handed batsman, and more importantly away from a right hander, encouraging the delivery to be bowled at wickets or outside off. for some reason AI bowls many wrong un's so need to get AI to bowl more outside off

Pace of spinners

For me personally they bowl too fast in the game, so I increase the pace value as much as possible. This actually results in a more flighted delivery allowing drift to take more effect. This can result in more spin sort of countering what I am trying to achieve above but this can make timing of shots more difficult

Conclusion
This is largely trial and error and guess work. It works to a degree (for me at least) but I find it makes facing spin a bit more enjoyable

Blake84

School Cricketer
Cheers for that. The detail is appreciated. Should be really helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread