How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Cant even bare to play AI anymore now that online seems be be bug free. Not had 1 single disconect now in 11 matches. Before that i had 3 disconects in 3. :p Had a really great T20 game online last night. Posted 157/5 with aussies. In reply a decent guy i now know got 159/9 after 18.3 overs. The most excitment ive had on this game by ALONG way!. If codies have fixed online, then let me be the first to say....THANKYOU. (about time) ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sounds a great game but how long did it take to play 40 overs :eek:

Also any house rules, such as cannot bowl yorker after yorker or slower ball after slower ball etc

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Sounds a great game but how long did it take to play 40 overs :eek:

Also any house rules, such as cannot bowl yorker after yorker or slower ball after slower ball etc

Takes about 40 mins to play 20 overs. So around an hour and a half. I have found a player that actually likes and understands cricket! If you slog slog slog then slower balls will catch you out everytime. If you play properly then you will get set and slower balls wont bother you so much. But to answer your question, no. We play how we want to play. But as i said we both know and understand the game. So our games are very realistic.

timchrist984

Club Captain
just played Australia vs England at the MCG, normal test match. Won on day 3. Khawaja was out in the 90's both innings.

Attachments

• SDC10877.JPG
    SDC10877.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 176

Snake199

School Cricketer
Just finished my 1st test match between England (me) and Pakistan.

I batted first and got 650-6 declared after 183 overs. Collingwood got about 230 not out, great innings!:cheers

I struggled with the bowling early on as Pakistan pushed on to be 70-0 at lunch on day 3. But in the first over after lunch I got 3 wickets! the 1st, 2nd and 5th ball. I took steady wickets from then on and got them all out for 170.

Bowled again obviusly and had them on 90-6, but they still went on to get 222. :facepalm. Still a battering no doubt and I will hope to win even more convincingly in the 2nd test.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Dont you just class that as a complete waste of time? Knowing your going to win for me is the main reason i cant play the AI anymore.

DarrenBravo

School Cricketer
West Indies 83 all out (21.4 overs)

Chanderpaul 36 (44)

Ajmal 3/3

How the hell do you play spin ???????????

rob yarr

School Cricketer
why is it when i play online,try and play proper cricket like proper length deliverys etc people just try and slog the hell out of me,then when i decieve them..

they leave the game!?

is there anyone left decent on ps3 online ?

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
why is it when i play online,try and play proper cricket like proper length deliverys etc people just try and slog the hell out of me,then when i decieve them..

they leave the game!?

is there anyone left decent on ps3 online ?

You'll do well to find anyone. Im on xbox 360 so i cant help ya! Most proper players have either sold the game, or just choose not to play it anymore after all the trouble with the disconection bug.

rob yarr

School Cricketer
ah fail,only had one really good match were it was like 2 to win of the last over and i must have ran him out about 4 times,owel

there either amazingly cheating (hitting the ball before its bowled/hitting a six where ever you bowl it) or terrible and cant even play the swinging ball

carter2241

Club Cricketer
HUD Off

Right ive been trying bowling with HUD off for Bowling recently, i find the timing is going excellently for me, i just have problems with targeting, etc.

can anyone give me any tips, zimrahil you probs know some stuff that could help me as you do bowl with HUD off for bowling :D Thanks

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Only tips I can give are as follows

Firstly, you need to keep hud on and visually see where the light green spots are for bowling

Any bowling type other than spinner
4 'hot' spots

yorker
full length
good length
bouncer

Spinner
2 'hot' spots
Good length
Full length

Keep practising how far to move cursor to hit correct length. Then with HUD still on, don't look at screen and move cursor to hit a hot spot and then look at screen and see how close you are to correct length

Only half useful tip (once start using No HUD) I can give on hitting correct lengths are as follows

any bowler other than spinner

Good length
Barely have to move cursor forward (or up using analogue stick) at all. Only marginally

Full Length
I press analogue stick forward in 2 smooth motions, the same amount forward each press. Only practise will determine how forward each press forward should be

Yorker - use straight delivery only
I press analogue stick forward in 3 smooth motions, the same amount forward each press. Only practise will determine how forward each press forward should be

Bouncer - use straight delivery only
I press analogue stick backward in 1 smooth motion. Only practise will determine how far backward press should be

spinner

Good Length
I press analogue stick forward in 1 smooth motion. Only practise will determine how far forward press should be

Full Length
I press analogue stick forward in 2 smooth motions, the same amount forward each press. Only practise will determine how forward each press should be

Correct Line

This is hard to explain in writing as it depends on whether
-bowling straight delivery
-moving ball into batsman
-moving ball away from batsman
-seam postion (i.e. applying maximum or minimum spin/swing etc)

Assuming RH Bowler to RH batsman:

bowling straight delivery
After selecting desired length, move stick slightly to the right in one smooth motion

moving ball into batsman
After selecting desired length, job done. No movement laterally is needed. If anything very slightly to the right if applying minimum swing/spin

moving ball away from batsman
After selecting desired length, move stick to the right in two small smooth motions. If applying minimum swing/spin, then move stick to right as per straight delivery

The above works for me really well. At end of over if clear not hitting the light green spots, if you get hawkeye from side on you can see if your lengths are too full or too short and adjust next over accordingly

Good luck :D

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
No worries - remember it takes a lot of practise to get right - will never perfect (which is a good thing)

I find using no hud on hard, a good way to get wickets is to set batsman up - ie 3 good length balls and then pitch one up or bowl 5 swinging or straight deliveries and then bowl a leg or off cutter etc

Also keep trying to bowl high quality deliveries (i.e. just before mark reaches 'no ball' area) is best way of keeping runs down - almost more important than hitting light green areas of pitch

Users who are viewing this thread