How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Been persevering with this again, had a good game against Australia (playing World Trophy), 339 plays 340, I won with an over to go, KP, as ever, hitting 170.

Still finding the game really frustrating and don't know how long this time playing it will continue. Just can't ignore yorkers being hit over third man for six and the system not playing the shot I was trying to play. Playing a dab to third man and the system playing a shot through mid-wicket, is not fun. So close to being the best cricket sim.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Been persevering with this again, had a good game against Australia (playing World Trophy), 339 plays 340, I won with an over to go, KP, as ever, hitting 170.

Still finding the game really frustrating and don't know how long this time playing it will continue. Just can't ignore yorkers being hit over third man for six and the system not playing the shot I was trying to play. Playing a dab to third man and the system playing a shot through mid-wicket, is not fun. So close to being the best cricket sim.

The AI scored 339 against you? :eek:

timchrist984

Club Captain
Great Games

Been Playing some great One-Day and T20 Cricket on hard against the AI.
Australia (me) Vs South Africa (ODI) lost by 2 Wickets
Australia (me) Vs England (T20) won by 16 runs
Australia (me) Vs India (T20) won by 1 wicket
Fairly realistic scoring
Here are the screenshots:

Attachments

• AUSvRSA.JPG
    AUSvRSA.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • AUSvENG.JPG
    AUSvENG.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • AUSvIND.JPG
    AUSvIND.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 46

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Me too!! Ive only ever conceeded more than 250 when i bowl bad balls on perpose. Hense why i dont bother with single player anymore.

Snake199

School Cricketer
My bowling is getting worse and my batting is getting better. So because of this my test matches are more longer. Heres a match report of a test match between England and Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe.

England got off to a good start, Struass was hitting the ball all over the place and Cook was nudging it around nicely. At Lunch Cook just passed hit 50 (4 fours) and Strauss was on 85 (11 fours) Score was 151-0 with the help of extras. The pair kept on going, Struass passed his hundred and Cook was slowly moving into his mid 70s. Cook was eventually out for 98, and Struass was out shortly after for 140. Score was now 262-2 after 53 overs. Collingwood hit 3 sixes in his first over, and went on to score a 50 off just 17 balls! KP was just standing and watching in amazement, as he was on a measly 6. Collingwood slowed down and KP started to speed up. At the end of day 1, the score was 530-2. Collingwood on 182 and KP on 95. Zimbabwe were bowling a heck of a large amount of No-balls, but no wides?

Day 2 started and you know what this meant, another wicket was on the way. KP went for 101, great little knock:cheers. Collingwood was on 200 at this point, I bought in Matt Prior to join Collingwood. The two batted on before I declared on 750-3.

I bowled them all out for 162, then the next time round they batted better, and got 302. Swann getting 6 wickets for 107 runs off 24 overs!

Now currently playing Pakistan, report on that when I finish it!

Bowling for wickets seems to be about bowling "bad" deliveries (ones that would be deemed bad line/length in a real game) and setting up fielders for the catch. Either that or bowl negatively to keep R Rate down.:noway

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Only tips I can give are as follows

Firstly, you need to keep hud on and visually see where the light green spots are for bowling

Any bowling type other than spinner
4 'hot' spots

yorker
full length
good length
bouncer

Spinner
2 'hot' spots
Good length
Full length

Keep practising how far to move cursor to hit correct length. Then with HUD still on, don't look at screen and move cursor to hit a hot spot and then look at screen and see how close you are to correct length

Only half useful tip (once start using No HUD) I can give on hitting correct lengths are as follows

any bowler other than spinner

Good length
Barely have to move cursor forward (or up using analogue stick) at all. Only marginally

Full Length
I press analogue stick forward in 2 smooth motions, the same amount forward each press. Only practise will determine how forward each press forward should be

Yorker - use straight delivery only
I press analogue stick forward in 3 smooth motions, the same amount forward each press. Only practise will determine how forward each press forward should be

Bouncer - use straight delivery only
I press analogue stick backward in 1 smooth motion. Only practise will determine how far backward press should be

spinner

Good Length
I press analogue stick forward in 1 smooth motion. Only practise will determine how far forward press should be

Full Length
I press analogue stick forward in 2 smooth motions, the same amount forward each press. Only practise will determine how forward each press should be

Correct Line

This is hard to explain in writing as it depends on whether
-bowling straight delivery
-moving ball into batsman
-moving ball away from batsman
-seam postion (i.e. applying maximum or minimum spin/swing etc)

Assuming RH Bowler to RH batsman:

bowling straight delivery
After selecting desired length, move stick slightly to the right in one smooth motion

moving ball into batsman
After selecting desired length, job done. No movement laterally is needed. If anything very slightly to the right if applying minimum swing/spin

moving ball away from batsman
After selecting desired length, move stick to the right in two small smooth motions. If applying minimum swing/spin, then move stick to right as per straight delivery

The above works for me really well. At end of over if clear not hitting the light green spots, if you get hawkeye from side on you can see if your lengths are too full or too short and adjust next over accordingly

Good luck :D

Is there any chance of you releasing your roster so i could try it out?

Or would i have to do all the editing myself?

If its the latter i think ill pass. :facepalm

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I have a 360, don't think you can share it?

TIKKAROMA

School Cricketer
New member looking for online games xbox360

Guys

I am a new member, have played this game but then gave up as the online disconnection issue was pretty bad, would like to get some online games going.

I am on the xbox360, so if anyone fancys a game let me know.

Cheers

chiranjitpathak

School Cricketer
Is their now that i can play it in my PC. Recently spend over 10 k for updating my GPU and processor.Is their now that i can run it on my PC. I should have brought a console rather then spending it on upgrading the pc.

Users who are viewing this thread