How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Snake199

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As I said before I would post a report on my test match series between England and Pakistan. I won't spoil the series result just read on..

1st Test summary:

Paksitan won the toss and batted.

Pakistan 162 all out (48.5 overs)
Swann 5-68 (19 overs)
Anderson 3-14 (5 overs)
Pakistan started off badly, being 6-3 after 4 overs. But there was a few partnerships and other batsmen towards the end scored 15 or 20 each as the score reached 162. Swann was causing problems with 5 wickets for 68 and Anderson played a part in mopping up the tale.

England 610 all out (139.3 overs)
Collingwood 310
Peiterson 68
Strauss 55
Anderson 47 not out
Collingwood scoring a brilliant 310 and holding the innings together batting with eveyone. Solid 50s from Pieterson and Struass helped as well, others got 40 and a brillaint partnership at the end with Anderon and Prior both smashing 40s. Before Prior was given out LBW, Anderson was the man not out, 3 short of a 50.

Pakistan 90 all out (30 overs)

Pakistan made a dismal effort in catching England. At one point being 36-8, Pakistan did recover to about 80-8, before the last two wickets were taken fairly quickly. Swann bowling wonders again, 7-36 from 12 overs.

England won by an innings and 358 runs. 1-0 up in the series.

2nd Test Summary

England won the toss and batted.

England 714-8 declared (151.2 overs)
Strauss 150
Cook 130
Pieterson 114
Prior 70

England started the test well with a 700 score which led on until tea on day 2. Everyone contributed,m except Collingwood who only managed 6.:facepalm Strauss and Cook had the innings at 310-0, but wickets started to fall before a partnership between KP and Prior saw the score pass 700.

Pakistan 460 all out (102 overs)
Shocking bowling from me, most I've conceded from the AI. Pakistan, who were once at 360-4 went on to score 460. Swann was good, taking 4-100 from 30 overs. KP was good though, I bowled him for 3 overs at the end and he took 3-6! Anyway, I decided to bat again, give them 500ish to win then bowl them out, well, that was the plan anyway!

England 279-7 declared (67.3 overs)
Shocking performance, Strauss hit a magnificent 140 not out, everyone else got nothing. This meant they needed 534 to win. with about 130 overs still left in the match, I was worried about the overs, it was possible for Pakistan to get a draw.

Pakistan 191 all out (60 overs)
No worries though, bowled them out easily, Swann doing his usual magic with figures of 6-82. The guy is expensive and does concede runs but he takes wickets, lots of them. The series was mine, 2-0 up with 1 still left to play. Just had to see if I could get the whitewash.

England won by 342 runs.

3rd Test Summary

England won the toss and bowled

Pakistan 68 all out (40.3 overs)
I found bowling much easier this time round, Pakistan were dreadful, they were giving me easy catches and I Anderson was looping the ball into their pads and getting easy LBWs. A great performance by the bowlers, now it was time to build a massive lead and win by an innings.

England 645-3 declared (116.5 overs)
Struass 203
Cook 178 not out
Collingwood 150 not out

Pakistan were now bowling rubbish as well, started off well, at one point we were 310-0, but Struass went and a couple more followed, before Collingwood and Cook batted out the rest of the innings. An innings defeat was on the cards. Pakistan trailed by 577 runs.

Pakistan 130 all out (67 overs)

Pakistan posted a slow 130 but couldn't stop losing wickets to the classy English attack. Swann took a fivefer again and others contributed. Pakistan were shocking in the last test, but they were good in the 2nd test, avoiding a defeat by an innings.

So to sum up then -

1st Test - England won by an innings and 358 runs
2nd Test - England won by 342 runs
3rd Test - England won by an innings and 447 runs

Great series, Pakistan had their moments, but their bowlers most of the time were clueless against the very attacking English batsmen and the batsmen were clueless against the classy English bowlers. I am currently playing South Africa in a 5 match series. I will tell you all about it once it's done.:)

Spraggy

Club Cricketer
Decided to give the game another go and i played one test against india which ended in a five day draw !

India 458/10

England 389/10

India 435/8 dec

England 100/6

I ended up holding on for the draw i was 25-5 at tea on the 5th day

bboynexus

School Cricketer
I decided to play the 2010 Ashes series again. See how things would go in comparison to the real campaign. Finished the first test at the Gabba after weeks of playing on and off.

High-scoring stuff, but generally in Australia's favor most of the time.

England's first innings went quite decently, and they scored exactly 400 all out at 3.9 runs an over across 100.4 overs. They were 3 down for 87 at one point with Strauss c North b Johnson for a 5 ball duck. Cook and Trott got runs steadily but were both bowled for 38 and 30 respectively at the hands of Hilfenhaus and Watson respectively. Things spiced up when KP and Collingwood put on a 254 run stand. KP scored 146 off 194 balls. Collingwood scored 110 runs off 194 balls as well. KP was clean bowled by Hauritz. Collingwood was stumped by Haddin bowled Johnson. Then it was basically a collapse, with only 42 runs coming off the next 6 wickets with Stuart Broad top scoring with 18 from 29. Needless to say, I was a little atrocious with the bowling. I bowled 34 extras, 21 being leg byes. Johnson and Hauritz both collected 3 wickets each, with Hilfenhaus, Watson, and North collecting 1 each.

Australia's first innings was of complete domination. Watson scored 48 quite quickly from 56 balls with 7 fours. Katich didn't do so well, however. He found it difficult to judge the bowling at any one time, and he fell for 22 from 46 balls with only a single four. Michael Clarke played watchfully with 32 from 106 balls, but was caught and bowled by Swann when he decided to try and break free. Australia then dominated with a mammoth 487-run partnership between Ponting and Michael Hussey, who scored 353* and 205* respectively. Ponting was the leading batsman who scored at a rate of 83.85 with 31 fours and 5 sixes. Australia finished their first innings with a total of 682, with England atrociously bowling 22 no balls. Graeme Swann collected the most wickets - only two - but a rate of 5.09 an over with six extras.

Despite that, England fought back bravely in their second innings, scoring a total of 464 from 116.4 overs. Strauss played tidally for 31 from 73 balls. KP once again top scored with 88 from 136 balls. Cook wasn't too far behind, scoring 86 from 114 balls. Trott also scored a measured half-century, a total of 71 from 121 balls. Despite a middle-order collapse which saw Prior and Broad fall for 2 and 6 respectively, Swann fought back with a well-fought 50 from 90 balls. Nathan Hauritz was the pick of the bowlers, collecting 5 wickets in his 32 overs but a high rate of 5.41 an over with six extras. Ben Hilfenhaus collected three wickets from his 23.4 overs at a low rate of 2.41.

This left Australia with the achievable task of scoring 182 runs from 76 overs at a required rate of only 2.3. The batsmen had no trouble in accomplishing this. Watson scored a quick-fire 26 from 15 balls with 4 fours and 1 six. Katich fought his way back into some semblance of form with 53 from 110 balls with 4 fours as well. But again it was Ponting who led the charge scoring 103* from 149 balls with 7 fours and 4 sixes. Funnily enough he equaled the Test record for highest amount of runs scored in a single match of 456.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
If i could have games like that i would be still playing this game! Eng or aus have never scored more than 200 against me on hard.

Params7

International Cricketer
I popped in IC10 again after a long time..actually I hadn't played the game much after buying it just a couple of matches here and there in the first week.

Anyways I went through the training again and started a Test match on Hard with all aids off (Third Person, HUD Off). And it was ridiculously hard to bat. But I really liked this. I actually started defending a lot. Trying to read the bowler and predicting where its going to bounce. Then I'd go for a general directional shot and if he'd bowl something I didn't expect I'd leave or try to defend..basically I have to decide that within .3-.5 seconds..LIKE REAL LIFE.

Then I realized this had to be the most realistic Test match I had ever played in a videogame. And I've played a lot of tests in BLC'99 and a couple in Ashes 09. After about 45 minutes of play, I managed to score 55-2 at 3 RPO. I don't know why I didn't give this game a second chance after trying it the first time but I loved the fact I was anticipating each ball, did not know only tried to guess where it would bounce.

The fielding AI is bad though, I took 4 runs by running between the wickets a couple of times.

Suddenly, IC10 became pretty much the best cricket released so far, at least for me. I hope Trickstar's new game (if there's ever another one) follows up in this base.

billionaiire

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi,

There are over 50 pages to read, and thus I'll just ask the question, almost hoping that I don't violate any code of conduct on the forum requiring me to not repeat questions. If I have done so, please redirect me.

I just got this game for PS3 (in USA) and I noticed that pretty much all single player games are unusually high scoring. Is it just practice, or do you guys recommend using hard level or something to prevent computer from scoring so much, and also make it difficult to bat?

I play at normal level right now.

Thanks

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Due to rain interupting the first two tests of the summer ive dusted off this game and had another go.
Now i did some serious stat editing here, and obviously its on hard, but i have to say it was the best test ive had on this game so far. I was windies. To get to day 5 was a shock to me! But a nice shock! Oh and the D.Bravo is Darren Bravo!

m001.jpg

Last edited:

SM1990

School Cricketer
After having a few months off from this game (due to doing work experience), I have finally got back to playing it - and enjoying it, as usual.

I haven't actually started any proper matches yet, as I'm just completing all the little challenges to unlock all the kit.

I've decided when I eventually do start, I will use a created team (not making it amazing, but making them decent and building statistics up over time.) I'm gonna start playing against Bermuda - the worst rated team - in some ODI's, T20's and Test series. Then gonna go to the next worst team eventually playing the top teams - will be a challenge that keeps me going for a long time :)

Is the gameplay for a 5 day test better/more realistic than in the 20 or 50 overs format? Maybe I should give a 5 dayer a go and see. Do 85+mph yorkers still get square cut for six to the square offside boundary?

SM1990

School Cricketer
Is the gameplay for a 5 day test better/more realistic than in the 20 or 50 overs format? Maybe I should give a 5 dayer a go and see. Do 85+mph yorkers still get square cut for six to the square offside boundary?

I'd love to answer that for you, but I've not played a 5 day Test, yet. Hopefully they won't be smashing them for 6 though. I'd understand if the player advances down the pitch at me, turning it into a full toss (of sorts) and hits it for 6. Let me know how it gets on, just so I know what to expect :D

bboynexus

School Cricketer
Ashes Series - 2nd Test - Sydney

Day 1

The first day of the 2nd Ashes Test in Sydney started well with Ricky Ponting winning the toss and electing to bat first. Watson and Katich batted fluently for their 70 run opening partnership before being undone cheaply by a double strike from Paul Collingwood. Watson, who’d scored an aggressive 36 from 51 balls with five fours, was clean bowled after a terrible attempt to clip the ball to fine leg off the back foot. Two overs later Katich, who’d scored a measured 33 from 63 balls with three fours, was undone by a short delivery. He top-edged an attempted pull comfortably into the hands of Matt Prior.

Ponting responded confidently the following over with four successive boundaries off Stuart Broad. Collingwood quickly struck again, however, with the wicket of Michael Clarke, who fell for 3 attempting to drive the ball through point, instead getting only an inside edge where Alastair Cook took a comfortable catch in the slips. Several overs afterward, Collingwood thought he’d gotten his 4th when Michael Hussey, on 0, attempting to clip the ball to third man, landed an outside edge which Andrew Strauss was unable to keep hold of.

Australia quickly recovered and dominated the Lunch session. Ponting and Hussey continued their good form from the first test, posting 130 runs between them. There were several dropped chances; Matt Prior let go of an opportunity off Hussey on 54 from a short ball off Broad, and several overs later Strauss again dropped a chance, this time from Ponting on 86, from Broad. Australia’s luck ran out soon after Tea when Ponting was caught for 92 – short of a magnificent third consecutive century - off an outside edge which flew comfortably into Prior’s gloves. Swann had bowled well all day but had been unfortunate not to make an earlier breakthrough. Ponting had played magnificently, striking twelve fours and one six in his knock which came off a speedy 135 balls.

Australia began to suffer a minor collapse in the last ten overs of play. Marcus North was trapped LBW by Tim Bresnan trying to play a back foot defensive shot. Absolutely plum. He played watchfully for 24 from 67 without scoring a single boundary. Michael Hussey was the next to go, caught by Trott in the slips off Stuart Broad (who’d finally earned some luck), for 103. It was a calculated century which came off 188 balls with 11 fours. In the third final over of the day, Mitchell Johnson was clean bowled by Broad for a 4 ball duck attempting to defend. He missed entirely and it crashed into the off-stump.

By the close of play, Brad Haddin and Nathan Hauritz were still at the crease with scores of 19 and 5 respectively. James Anderson was the only bowler not to have taken a wicket and finished the day having conceded exactly 100 runs from 24 overs. Australia finished the day at 325 for 7.

tomcress2000

Club Cricketer
Hi,

hopefully a couple of straight forward question,
Is it possible to watch a AI controlled match and/or chg this mid match?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread