How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By full length im guessing you mean what shows up as Stumps/LBW on the display, if you had button help enabled.
Also could you tell me what custom fields you use, like peoples positions, cause i never can get it right

Yes to full length question

As for fielding for 1st powerplay of ODI's usually have the following

2nd slip
gully
extra cover
deep cover(?)
mid off/deep mid off
mid on/deep mid on
mid wicket
deep square leg
short fine leg

Not got game in front of me so the boundary rider positions might be inaccurate

usually keep mid on and off up till batsman looks settled and then push them to 30 yard circle (the deep positions, not long on and off which are on the boundary)

carter2241

Club Cricketer
Zim, Im sorry to take up your time, but would you be able to check your proper fielding positions for ODI, Tests. etc. I really want to have this game as realistic or a real as it gets. Your a real star for helping me and im greatful for your help

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I can certainly check, but I vary fields from game to game. I ususally wait for hawkeye to show where they are scoring runs and place fielders in those positions etc

One thing I can tell you is once fielding restrictions are over to have a square third man. Stops some of the unrealistic AI shot making and keeps the runs down

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Heres the pics of the 2 T20i matches in my Windies (me) vs New zealand (ai) series.
Top pic is 1st match and bottom pic is the second. One thing i can tell you, is that fully stated batsman for the ai is not the way to go for t20s!! Rampaul was knocked all over the park!! So i guess it was realistic after all!!
As you can see, it didnt go well for me! But they were close so it was fun. Enjoy...........

002.jpg

001.jpg

timchrist984

Club Captain
I played an ODI against New Zealand and completely dominated. This is on hard, action cam for batting and bowling.

I batted first and smashed 7-494 of my 50 overs. Watson made a superb 72 ball 102. Clarke, Hussey, Ponting and Haddin also chipped in with fast paced 50s. Jacob Oram and James Franklin were the best of the bowlers, taking 2-87 and 2-105 respectively.

In reply, Shaun Tait reduced New Zealand to 4-11 before Nathan McCullum struck 47 to take them to 139 all out. Tait and David Hussey took 4 wickets each.

I won by a massive 355 runs.

Here is the scorecard:
IMG_2882.JPG

timchrist984

Club Captain
After being so dominant playing as Australia, I tried a t20 as Ireland against the Aussies. The result was an epic fail. They got me out for 60 odd inside 10 overs and chased down the runs easily. Here is the scorecard:
IMG_2887.JPG

carter2241

Club Cricketer
I really want to play the Test side of cricket, however when I always play, I feel i have the need to always attack or slog the ball. Any tips or should i just use less power on stick and have the 1's and 2's, or defense more.

timchrist984

Club Captain
I played a t20 against my edited south africa and it turned out to be a thriller. They won the toss and elected to bat.

After 20 overs, South Africa were 4-179. JP Duminy batted brilliantly for his 42 ball 75. Smith and Morkel also batted well making 44 and 34 respectively. For Australia, Smith, Hussey, Hastings and Bollinger all took a one wicket each.

In reply, I got off to a good start. I didn't lose a wicket until the eighth over. However after one fell another 5 followed. With 5 overs to go, I needed 63 runs to win with 4 wickets in hand. Johnson and Smith batted well to make it 25 from 2 overs. The 19th over of the innings was bowled by Ryan Mclaren. I took 16 runs from his over to seal the match. I needed 9 from the final over. I got the runs with one ball to spare. Watson and Warner made 40 and 45 respectively. van der Merwe was the best of the bowlers taking 4-27.

Here are the scorecards:
IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2918.JPG

By the way, I had all the bowlers ratings above 76. Steyn, Kallis and Morkel (who didn't bowl) all had ratings above 82. For the batsman, I just maxed out timing and judgement for numbers 1-11.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Heres the 1st of my 3 ODI's as West indies VS New zealand (ai). OH DEAR!!! Thats about all i can say. The problem im having at the momment is when you fully edit the AI batsmen to full, they just slog everything all over the place. Its the only way to go in test cricket, but it really makes T20s and ODIs a handfull! For the second match im going to reduce the judgement abit, and make the main bowleres a little better. We'll see how it goes. Here's the not so good viewing!!

001-1.jpg

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
The problem im having at the momment is when you fully edit the AI batsmen to full, they just slog everything all over the place. Its the only way to go in test cricket, but it really makes T20s and ODIs a handfull!

I agree - stats for tests need to be higher for AI than for ODI/T20. I find if left the same in ODI/T20 I cannot get any bowled or LBW and run rates are too high

I am thinking of having two save game settings, one for tests and one for ODI/T20

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Have you lowered the West Indies' stats as well as increased New Zealand's stats?

Right, what i did at the start of the test matches was make all the "better" batsman Full stats for Timing, Placement presision and judgement. And i also lowered the main bowlers stats too see if i could get a better innings out of the AI. 469 was the result (the 2nd highest total ive conceeded so i was happy. I then played the 2x T20's keeping the stats as they were. I was slogged all over the place! Slower balls were picked everytime! The same for the 1st ODI. Ive now upped the bowlers stats for BOTH teams and lowered the "judgement" for the main batsman. Ive played the 1st innings of the second ODI, but i wont really know the results till i bowl at the AI in 2nd innings. Will hopefully get that game finished monday night, and will post the pic as soon as i do. By lowering the "judgement" i dont think it will help to bowl them out much easier, but it may at least help me get better results from slower balls and cutters. Hopefully anyway. We will see! ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
If timing is set to 100 for main batters then you will still get slogged around - this needs to be lowered for ODI to ensure more chance of wickets/lower run rate

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
If timing is set to 100 for main batters then you will still get slogged around - this needs to be lowered for ODI to ensure more chance of wickets/lower run rate

True enough, but i do find if you reduce timing you get far to many edges. 100% placement presision is a must. But if you reduce the strength then that reduces alot of boundries till the batsman is set. However the main problem i have is not being able to have a back up plan for wickets. With 100% judgement, it is more than likely a set batsman will NEVER fall prey to being decieved. Im preying that reducing it by 10% will give me a chance of decieving the batsman with a slower ball rather than seeing them flyto row z in the upper tier!!
Ive never had a problem with being beaten. But bowling 4 stock deliveries at 90mph and getting 4 dot balls. Then picking another stock then switching to a slower ball, getting perfect line and length then seeing it fly for 6, kind of gets my back up!!! :mad

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Ok then, ODI number 2 done and it was better. The AI run rate was down on the previous match. Still had a handfull of overs that the ball was just smashed all over the place with some physicaly impossible shots! But all in all i felt more in control. Im going to put back the "judgement" to full for the 3rd and final game to see if it was that, or the fact ide slightly upped the bowlers stats that made the difference. I really dont want to reduce the "timing" option, as this doesnt make the AI play less shots, it just gives you alot more catch oportunities. Ive found out before that reduced timing just means their out for a max of 200 everytime! Not what im after. Here's the game result.:

001-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread