How Are You Going Online (Non Quitted Games)

alioz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I want to know how people are going in their online matches. I am talking about completed games. There is a thread for offline play but i am sure there are people out there who dont really care about AI playing and just want to play online.

So please tell us all the drama and tension. Scores, teams, and who you played with. I dont know if this is a sticky or not but admin can decide this.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
good thread, i would like to know about some results too....although i arrived to online gaming in ac 2009 just a month or 2 back but there were multiple annoying things.......are they still being used by ppl.....

P

pcfan123

Since no one has posted yet I might as well share this convo I had with a PC member.

He had been blowing people away and thought the online was awful compared to single player. However, after playing some quality opposition the results were much more balanced.

Playing Randoms/noobs:

Mate, I tried to play in a proper way but the action cam makes the game so simple online that you cannot stop yourself. I am afraid to say but its even easier than Ashes Cricket 2009 when playing multiplayer online, you can expect scores of 350-400 easily in 20 over games.

Virender Sehwag added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

There is no option to chose the difficulty level.:mad:

I played with Boundaries and even smashed him for around 90 runs in a 5 over game, that was my 1st online game. Swann got hit for 32 runs in his one over.(no no-balls were bowled in his over). No sudden ball movement was made in all of my games.

Playing a ranked and established player

I played a t20 with the No.1 ranked player on XBOX LIVE, and I was 40/2 after 5 overs then by getting singles, doubles and some boundaries I reached 133/4 of 13.4 overs(I had to play really well to get here and the powerstick came into good use) and connection was lost. We started one more game and it was a green top, I managed only 67 in 13.5 overs, while chasing he was 9/2 and the game lost connection again. I know I made a very small total but I think the match would have been close as the ball was doing all sorts of tricks.

So I'd say - If you get a quality opposition and play a t20 or one day you'll experience realistic cricket. :)
I am very very happy now.

Also, gougie (one of the better AC09 ps3 players) said he has been having some crackers and this game has the potential to be very special.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrman80

Club Cricketer
Thanks for sharing mark.

so by randoms/noobs he means myself that never moves reticule last minute :)..

and ranked/professionals: do they do that along with putting all fields offside and balling full length offside deliveries? coz that was not much fun to be honest......a very common tactic i faced all the time

tons of fielders offside and then full length offside deliveries with some changing the line at the last second........

alioz

Club Cricketer
I cant wait to play online...I am in australia and just waiting for my copy. Good example Mark of Mr Sehwag. Glad to hear his opinion is changed.

P

pcfan123

Thanks for sharing mark.

so by randoms/noobs he means myself that never moves reticule last minute :)..

and ranked/professionals: do they do that along with putting all fields offside and balling full length offside deliveries? coz that was not much fun to be honest......a very common tactic i faced all the time

tons of fielders offside and then full length offside deliveries with some changing the line at the last second........

at this point Random meant just random games he playing and odds are its people who just got the game. By ranked I meant that he played the #1 ranked XBOX guy, who obviously is experienced.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

The real classy ones amongst us use realistic tactics. i.e. no dodgy fields and no full toss outside offstump exploits. Pure skill ;)
*waits to eat my words when I get thumped next game*

mixz0r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Worked a treat!

I played my first online game last night. While waiting for my mate to update his PS3 someone joined my game. I clean bowled him on the first ball, then before I could deliver the second the game disconnected. My PS3 plugs directly in to my router, so I'm guessing it was him or the server.

Anyhoo - my mate and I figure out how to add each other (the game manual is a waste of time, not enough info in my opinion) and joined a match. I have to say I found the experience to be very exciting compared to off-line play. I've been thrashing it on easy to build up some custom players, but scoring 700+ in a T20 is a bit ridiculous!

I was all out for 131 in about 16 overs of a one-day'er and thought it was all over. Too many stupid hits or run-outs. I managed to get him all out for about 60 runs in 15 overs. There was some minor lag but I'm hopefull that plugging his PS3 directly in to his router should help. He's only about 25km from me.

Next time we'll have to slow down a bit - maybe try the block button!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Its interesting to hear you say that you had a "complete" game with someone that was local to you. I wonder if that was just luck though, as i cant see how disconecting once boundries are hit has anything to do with how local you are. But someone i know has just got the game so it would be interesting to try out if we can get a game finished everytime as we live in the same postal code area. Cant get alot closer than that!!!

Lee1981

International Coach
Went online for a match last night for the first time in months, found a 5 over game with someone called zoolu i think.
Basically i bowled first he scored around 15 first over, then in the next he scored like three 4's in a row then he top edged one which landed just before the boundary rope then of course the game loses connection, as it was rolling towards the rope the picture went a bit funny so i know what was about to happen.
We tryed another game after but the same thing happened in the first over this time, and to be fair to him he was bloody good from the few balls he hit, i was defo gonna get a hiding.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Does anyone know if you get the disconection bug after taking wickets?! Ive had so few games online, ive only had the game shut down once after a boundry. The rest (3 i think) have shut down once ive taken wickets. But going on AC09, thats nothing new.

mixz0r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My second game

Well we're half way through our second game, another one day'er. I'm all out for 175 after 24.3 overs. Absolute collapse after I lost my 5th wicket! WRT the disconnection bug: we started a ranked match and I was 1/26 after a few boundaries (including 2 sixes). Then I hit a six almost straight and we bugged out. So now we're playing a private game and so far so good. Having said that he's now connected via his LAN so that may have been it.

Does the glitch only apply to ranked matches? And does a private match bypass the 'server'?

And pausing: we both paused the game after my innings and it worked. Now back in game we can't pause. Either before bowling, selecting the next batsmen, selecting the next bowler... what a joke. If two people both choose to pause a game... IT SHOULD PAUSE!

Sorry for yelling.

P

pcfan123

Does anyone know if you get the disconection bug after taking wickets?! Ive had so few games online, ive only had the game shut down once after a boundry. The rest (3 i think) have shut down once ive taken wickets. But going on AC09, thats nothing new.

Nope, those were more than likely quits. CaptainOz and I tested out the bug in various scenarios and it almost ALWAYS happens when the ball crosses the rope, either in the air or on the ground.

Mark added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Does the glitch only apply to ranked matches? And does a private match bypass the 'server'?

From my experiences the disconnect happens in all matches, ranked and unranked.

Users who are viewing this thread