• I buy/steal illegally individual tracks

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I dont buy or steal music, I listen on the radio

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I hate music, I have no joy in my life

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I'm deaf, what do I care

• Video Killed the radiostar (I have no opinion)

• Total voters

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I love Music, I buy the Good CDs (Ie: 2pac old cds, old skool), I download the songs which i like if they are the only good tracks and the whole Album is junk.

LOL we always get these little surveys in school.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Is there not supposed to be an option in the poll for "legal purchasing of music" ? Not everyone illegally downloads music; not saying i don't but im not admitting anything either :p
The first two options say buy/steal. (I still don't know why i put the word illegally there). I don't really care if you buy or steal music, I'm more interested in how you listen, as in do you listen to albums as intended or do you pull them apart and just listen to certain tracks?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Oh got ya. I'm more of an album man myself, as you said, i love how certain albums tell a story, like the first Arctic Monkey's album, i regularly sit and listen to it the whole way through, the same with Lily Allen's album. I normally start by listening to one or two tracks and then buy the album if i like the tracks. Albums are far better to listen to than single tracks though, especially on an iPod, can be annoying switching artists every few minutes.

D

Deleted member 13648

I would be lost without my music and seeing as I don't have the funds to spend on my music love all the time, I usually Limewire/Bearshare 2/3 albums at a time.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Listen to CDs in the car while driving (which I do quite often). Big fan of listening to full albums. In fact, rarely get into bands that can't produce decent albums and only decent songs. Here's whats in my 6-disc CD player at the moment.

Physical Graffiti CD 1 - Led Zeppelin
Mascara and Monsters - Alice Cooper
The Wall CD 2 - Pink Floyd
Flick of the Switch - AC/DC
The Greatest Hits - Lou Reed
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

Quite happy with this even though two of them aren't studio albums. Might actually keep it this way for a few months unless I find my copy of Powerage or Highway To Hell, either of which would replace Flick of the Switch, a rather mediocre 80s effort.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
All older guys comparing to my age, but you've got a few good 'uns in there NP. It suits your age im sure, what is your age again? 40 odd? :p

By the by, i do actually quite like AC/DC :p

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
All older guys comparing to my age, but you've got a few good 'uns in there NP. It suits your age im sure, what is your age again? 40 odd? :p

Haha. You wouldn't be the first one to point out the fact that I prefer music that was made before my time. To be fair though, I do listen to some music that was made after I was born e.g; Rage Against The Machine, Pantera, Junoon, System Of A Down, Jet, etc. I just happen to think all newer music is sub par when compared to 60s and 70s rock. :p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Physical Graffiti CD 1 - Led Zeppelin
Mascara and Monsters - Alice Cooper
The Wall CD 2 - Pink Floyd
Flick of the Switch - AC/DC
The Greatest Hits - Lou Reed
Let There Be Rock - AC/DC

Note to self - never go to any of NP's parties :p

I tend to listen to certain tracks of an album first - there are always songs I don't like first time around, and then I eventually go back to playing the entire album and eventually start liking some of the other tracks

superhussey

Club Cricketer
I buy albums or songs on itunes if i like the artist

but if i only like the song and dont like whoever sings it then i limewire it

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I think it's quite clear that everyone downloads their music. The music industry know it, the artists know it and been stated a lot how they lose billions of dollars because of it and Ipods / Mp3s rack in the money.

Small amount of people would just download and if they truly love the band, they'd buy it.

Those classics aren't a bad idea seeing as they're not that expensive anymore. Lol.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The point of the thread wasn't supposed to be a way of determining if you download music illegally (or infact if you download it legally). Its point is to discuss the possible future demise of the Album with people choosing to download single songs instead.

Users who are viewing this thread